in need of opinions

jsinher3_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
im looking to get motorcycle guards for my bike i cant seem to find oem ones for my model so im thinking between

CB1100 ACTIVE (active) Engine guard stainless steel buffing



Racing Slider Case Cover SET AGRAS (Agulhas) CB1100



i like how clean the agras would be on the bike however i dont know how affective they would be if my by were to fully fall to its side and take another slide.

and the active ones look good but they look like they mount to the motor and i dont really want that..

any one with experience on these or on any other kind?
 
I have the Honda OEM guards and really like them. You order them from Samurider who is a vender sponsor of this forum. Samurider is located in Japan but ships to USA (shipping is fast as it only took me 4 days to get my bars). Price of the OEM bars was cheaper than ordering from the dealer.
 
I have the Kijima guards, also ordered from Samurider. They have two upper mounting holes, one is thru the frame only, the other uses one of the engine mount bolts.
 
Thread starter
808_rider_imp said:
I have the Honda OEM guards and really like them. You order them from Samurider who is a vender sponsor of this forum. Samurider is located in Japan but ships to USA (shipping is fast as it only took me 4 days to get my bars). Price of the OEM bars was cheaper than ordering from the dealer.
i seen that, however it says 14' model nothing about if it fits the 13' abs model i have.

ClassicVW_imp said:
I have the Kijima guards, also ordered from Samurider. They have two upper mounting holes, one is thru the frame only, the other uses one of the engine mount bolts.
do have any pictures of that? i just dont like the idea of having something mounted in locations where the the motor is also mounted to. (possible cracked motor casings)
 
Be careful what you buy, a member here had a set put on that stood him up across lanes and ended up in a ditch, can't remember the thread or the type of guards.
 
CIP57_imp said:
Be careful what you buy, a member here had a set put on that stood him up across lanes and ended up in a ditch, can't remember the thread or the type of guards.
See here.
 
We just received our Honda guards. I found them on eBay at a dealer/shop in Fl.
I went to their website and ordered them direct.
$180.00, free shipping. I can post a link to them later if anyone wants it.
 
jsinher3_imp said:
808_rider_imp said:
I have the Honda OEM guards and really like them. You order them from Samurider who is a vender sponsor of this forum. Samurider is located in Japan but ships to USA (shipping is fast as it only took me 4 days to get my bars). Price of the OEM bars was cheaper than ordering from the dealer.
i seen that, however it says 14' model nothing about if it fits the 13' abs model i have.

ClassicVW_imp said:
I have the Kijima guards, also ordered from Samurider. They have two upper mounting holes, one is thru the frame only, the other uses one of the engine mount bolts.
do have any pictures of that? i just dont like the idea of having something mounted in locations where the the motor is also mounted to. (possible cracked motor casings)
do have any pictures of that? i just dont like the idea of having something mounted in locations where the the motor is also mounted to. (possible cracked motor casings)
I don't have photos but you can see it on Samurider's website. There's chrome and black. I bought the black to go with the black accents of my engine. I kind of think the Honda guards don't use an engine mount bolt? I may be wrong.
 
I went with black SW-Motech case savers from Twisted Throttle. Visually they are hidden on the bike and are very stout. Have not tested them yet; but they do make it easy to right the bike if you lay it down. I tested this feature in my back yard on the lawn. :)
 
Rboe_imp said:
I went with black SW-Motech case savers from Twisted Throttle. Visually they are hidden on the bike and are very stout. Have not tested them yet; but they do make it easy to right the bike if you lay it down. I tested this feature in my back yard on the lawn. :)
The SW-Motech have my vote too and I installed them for similar reasons. They seem very substantial and much more likely to protect the engine casings in the event of a tip-over.

The Honda guards look nice but the mounting brackets seem very flimsy and are much more likely to fold over under pressure. They are, in my opinion, more bling than brawn.
 
Rboe_imp said:
I went with black SW-Motech case savers from Twisted Throttle. Visually they are hidden on the bike and are very stout. Have not tested them yet; but they do make it easy to right the bike if you lay it down. I tested this feature in my back yard on the lawn. :)
I did too and I like the look very much.
Easy to install and they look great.
No plans to test them though :D
 
Thread starter
CIP57_imp said:
Be careful what you buy, a member here had a set put on that stood him up across lanes and ended up in a ditch, can't remember the thread or the type of guards.
its the kijima
Cormanus_imp said:
CIP57_imp said:
Be careful what you buy, a member here had a set put on that stood him up across lanes and ended up in a ditch, can't remember the thread or the type of guards.
See here.

See [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3172&pid=45520#pid45520]here.
just read it, thats a little scary.
 
I had the Active guards. The way they angle up from the bottom, there's no worries they will be the first point of contact in a lean. I switched to SW-Motech guards for a more subdued look. As has been said, they are heavy duty!
 
Thread starter
DAC_imp said:
I put R&G sliders on mine.
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
We just received our Honda guards. I found them on eBay at a dealer/shop in Fl.
I went to their website and ordered them direct.
$180.00, free shipping. I can post a link to them later if anyone wants it.
i think i might have found it in servicehonda.com

Rboe_imp said:
I went with black SW-Motech case savers from Twisted Throttle. Visually they are hidden on the bike and are very stout. Have not tested them yet; but they do make it easy to right the bike if you lay it down. I tested this feature in my back yard on the lawn. :)
thanks for that information

HikerToo_imp said:
Moriwaki skid pads here, was going to get Honda OEM ones( and I checked, same part number for 2013 as 2014), but these came up used on the forum so bought instead.

http://www.samurider.com/?p=4221
i also found these







i was also thinking of combining the agrass sliders with the Black Moriwaki pegs sorta like the above picture.
 
I've got the Moriwakis, too.
I had them previously on an FZ1, and liked how they "blended into the scenery" - which I like even more on my mostly-stock-looking CB - yet still give some protection.
Check it out, you can hardly tell they're there:
 
Thread starter
Papa Weeley_imp said:
I've got the Moriwakis, too.
I had them previously on an FZ1, and liked how they "blended into the scenery" - which I like even more on my mostly-stock-looking CB - yet still give some protection.
Check it out, you can hardly tell they're there:


thanks for the pic i looked at other ones on the web and they seem tiny, but in this pic they are a decent size. do you happen to know how far past the case cover they extend? i am thinking of going with these and the agras cover slider.
the trex ones look good too butt they look kinda eh.
 
Yeah, they're actually pretty beefy.
I'd say they extend maybe 3/4"-1". That doesn't sound like much, but they protrude out far enough that the bike would definitely pivot on them instead of the case if it fell over.
It's more than it looks in either of these pics, but this might give you a bit of the idea:
 
Thread starter
Back
Top