Impressions

Scotty_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
My new 2013 CB1100 arrived last night. I got up early this morning and aired up the tires (they were in the twenties). I hit the gas station and topped off the tank and rode about 125 miles today, out into the desert in the heat.
I was really impressed. Smooth, nimble, sporty. It was so easy to ride. 60 mph was my happy place and there were very few cars on the road this morning so I had it all to myself. Later I opened it up but was really enjoying the scenery from the upright position.
I did perceive the so-called "flat spot" in the powerband when I accelerated fairly hard around 3K rpm. Nothing major, but climbing a steep, windy grade I could tell it was there. I'm also thinking that this motor might still be wearing in as it has only 3,000 miles. But it is buttery smooth, quiet, and likes the many bends we have in this area. So pleased to have joined the CB scene.
 
Sounds like a great first day! I can relate to the 60 mph happy place.

I've only put about 200 miles on my '17 EX but it's already identified itself as the bike I'm most likely to be riding under the posted speed limit (until I notice.) It's just so smooth and silky. My GTL and 1190 Adventure both want to go fast(er). The CB is much more chill. The few times I've twisted the throttle aggressively, it responds nicely--it just doesn't need to be aggressive to be fun to ride. It does like curves though. :)
 
Sounds like a good start, Scotty. 60 mph (100 kph) is a pretty comfortable cruising speed on this bike.
 
Thread starter
Ride number two, ownership day two. 130 wonderful, early morning, solo miles. Checked fuel mileage: got a little over 50 mpg. The CB is definitely better handling and more sporty than I anticipated. Due to the upright seating position my butt is finding new pressure points. I think I just need to toughen up. Those big 'ol mirrors sure are wonderful! I won't be changing those.
 
Congratulations Scotty — it's good to know that your 1st impressions of this bike are favorable. By the way, that hard lighting in the photograph you've included really shines nicely on that beautiful 2013 CB1100 of yours.
 
Congrats Scotty, sorta agree with everything you've said. I love my mirrors too.
 
I don't like the mirrors on my RS. I tend to hold the very end of the bars and the mirrors don't extend far enough for me to see much beyond my elbows. The mirrors and the plastic covers. Everything else I like!
 
treedoc, many have changed to CB500 black rectangular mirrors.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
treedoc, many have changed to CB500 black rectangular mirrors.

If you want chrome- these are OEM factory Honda and really inexpensive to buy.


242278460c8781b4bad0f89b72c304e1.jpg
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
treedoc, many have changed to CB500 black rectangular mirrors.

If you want chrome- these are OEM factory Honda and really inexpensive to buy.


242278460c8781b4bad0f89b72c304e1.jpg

If you want chrome- these are OEM factory Honda and really inexpensive to buy.


2733e3713f13e6f696d5dca3c86ce1b3.jpg

Part #?
Thanks
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
treedoc, many have changed to CB500 black rectangular mirrors.

If you want chrome- these are OEM factory Honda and really inexpensive to buy.


242278460c8781b4bad0f89b72c304e1.jpg

If you want chrome- these are OEM factory Honda and really inexpensive to buy.


d83f69e2e9adcc3fe0b25ab391671b9c.jpg

I like them, are they any wider than the round ones?
 
Congrats on your new ride Scotty. I can understand the feelings and excitement of any new or used bike I have taken ownership as well. Enjoy and stay safe
fda4c6e7f4e6cff76e5665b4d8c06242.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
treedoc, many have changed to CB500 black rectangular mirrors.

If you want chrome- these are OEM factory Honda and really inexpensive to buy.


242278460c8781b4bad0f89b72c304e1.jpg

If you want chrome- these are OEM factory Honda and really inexpensive to buy.


166a7a37664d0a41c18fdb96bfd860af.jpg
I like those mirrors but the link isn't working for me.
Are they oem Honda mirrors and for what bike?
Thanks,
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
treedoc, many have changed to CB500 black rectangular mirrors.

If you want chrome- these are OEM factory Honda and really inexpensive to buy.


242278460c8781b4bad0f89b72c304e1.jpg
Josh, every time I see your beautiful bike, there is a 10 lb hammer beside it....any particular reason for it, like minor/final adjustment ?? :P
:D
 
Scotty_imp said:
Ride number two, ownership day two. 130 wonderful, early morning, solo miles. Checked fuel mileage: got a little over 50 mpg. The CB is definitely better handling and more sporty than I anticipated. Due to the upright seating position my butt is finding new pressure points. I think I just need to toughen up. Those big 'ol mirrors sure are wonderful! I won't be changing those.
Congratulations it’s a great looking bike! I agree with you about the mirrors. If you still find the seat hard, you might like to try an Airhawk cushion - I use one, especially on long rides, and you avoid any pressure points that way.
 
Back
Top