I'm possibly too OCD

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
Or anal retentive.

They say that the true sign of OCD is the guy who straightens pictures on his walls as he's heading out the door because the house is on fire. I can see myself doing that.

Anyway, the square "kick loop" on the side stand sort of bugged me. My boot kept scuffing the paint on it. Yeah, I know, who cares. But it bugged me.

I was cleaning up some things in the garage, and grabbed a spring clamp like this one. Hmm.... I thought. I took the black rubber grip off of the handle, and slid it over the square loop on the side stand. Problem solved. And, it makes the area your boot is trying to kick slightly larger and grippier, which I see as a plus.
 
I cut the loop of the side stand on all my bikes as with the Vario Adjustable foot pegs they were in the way of my large Daytona boots.
 
But wait a minute now. What do you do about the clamp that is now missing a black cover? Do you take them both off? Now it won't match the other clamps............
 
Thread starter
Truth told, I had borrowed the clamp from someone who wouldn't notice that I had taken one of the covers. If it were mine, I'd probably need to throw it away and buy a new one.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Truth told, I had borrowed the clamp from someone who wouldn't notice that I had taken one of the covers. If it were mine, I'd probably need to throw it away and buy a new one.
You could take the other one off and put it on our marketplace.
Say it came from Samurai, and charge $12. Plus shipping. :D
 
Thread starter
Sorry, just caught this. I was at Home Depot buying more clamps. That's $24 I could make per clamp, and they only cost a buck a piece!
 
My wife has OCD. Obsessive Christmas Disorder. She listens to Christmas music year 'round.

But seriously, I think all of us are a little that way when it comes to our rides. I let a buddy use mine to do his riding test for his large-displacement motorcycle endorsement. He over corrected in a turn, ran wide, and scuffed up the hand guard on a sign post. You know, it's the ChicDesign hand guard from Samurider--the one in translucent smoke which matches the wind screen. I had to take the hand guards off because they don't match anymore. if I can buff it out so it looks good, I'll probably put them back on. :D
 
Roper_imp said:
My wife has OCD. Obsessive Christmas Disorder. She listens to Christmas music year 'round.

But seriously, I think all of us are a little that way when it comes to our rides. I let a buddy use mine to do his riding test for his large-displacement motorcycle endorsement. He over corrected in a turn, ran wide, and scuffed up the hand guard on a sign post. You know, it's the ChicDesign hand guard from Samurider--the one in translucent smoke which matches the wind screen. I had to take the hand guards off because they don't match anymore. if I can buff it out so it looks good, I'll probably put them back on. :D
Any chance of scuffing the other side to match?
 
Thread starter
I'm very scratch OCD. If Meguiars 105 compound won't take out the scuff, it's toast.
There was a very small nick on one of my bar ends when I bought my bike. Could have touched it up with a black Sharpie marker, but I had to paint them both to match.
 
Thread starter
Yeah, but where I'm OCD about certain things, I'm lazy about others, so it balances out. My wife has been nagging me to paint our living room for a year. Haven't done it, but her car 10 year old car looks brand new, so I figure it balances out the complaint level.
 
Oh you'd have a lot of fun with my FJR. A year ago I fell over in a gravel parking lot on the right side, and since Im so short I sit up againt the fuel tank and my jacket and belt work on that area. Plenty of scratches for your ocd-ness to kick in.
 
I have never taken a garden hose or a bucket of suds to the CB. Although, I should. The bugs are really caking up on the back side of the lollipop mirrors.

... and the lower front suspension components ... sheez. Don't think they have ever seen clean - probably beyond hope now.
 
Roper_imp said:
My wife has OCD. Obsessive Christmas Disorder. She listens to Christmas music year 'round.

But seriously, I think all of us are a little that way when it comes to our rides. I let a buddy use mine to do his riding test for his large-displacement motorcycle endorsement. He over corrected in a turn, ran wide, and scuffed up the hand guard on a sign post. You know, it's the ChicDesign hand guard from Samurider--the one in translucent smoke which matches the wind screen. I had to take the hand guards off because they don't match anymore. if I can buff it out so it looks good, I'll probably put them back on. :D
That would drive me crazy. I am always tempted to wear my ear plugs when I have to shop at Christmas time.

My wife, her two sisters, and their aunt have Obsessive Christmas Disorder. Every year they say they are going to cut back on the gifts. But every year the aunt's living room is knee deep in presents.

The aunt always gives me a bulky wool sweater which I never wear because for me it really is a "sweater". My wife will not let me tell her I don't wear them, so every year they end up at Value Village (Savers). Over the years some happy thrift shoppers have bought some very expensive clothing at garage sale prices.
 
Thread starter
Sorry, Ferret, I just obsess about my own stuff. I will help when asked. The neighbor put a scuff down the side of her husband's new truck recently and came knocking on our door. I was able to buff it out before he found out, and hopefully saved her some grief.
 
When I repainted the side stand on my bike I didn’t want it scuffed so I’ll reach down with my hand and lower the side stand,and you have OCD?
 
I had a friend who had to put a rag on the ground so the bottom of his sidestand didn't get scuffed. There's no fixing that!
 
Back
Top