Illlinois meet

OK... I'm setting a date. We can change it, if necessary, but I will be riding that day either solo or with some fellow CBers. My birthday is 8/7 and this ride will be my birthday gift to myself

Date: Saturday, August 2nd.
Ride: South end of Kettle Moraine Drive. Stop at Whitewater Lake, an Artesian well, and lunch at Gus's Drive In in East Troy.

Illinois riders can meet up somewhere in the NW suburbs of Chicago and ride to a convenient, yet to be determined, spot to meet with our cheeseheaded brethren.

Anyhow, im riding something like this route on this day and would love to share the experience with a bunch of CB1100 riders. Join me, won't you? :)
 
Ok...gonna try this one more time....

Anyone in or near the greater Chicagoland area want to meet up THIS SATURDAY, AUGUST 9th, for breakfast and perhaps a short ride?

I have to be back in my home in Park Ridge by 2:00, but I can be out of the rack and on the road as early as need be. I figure that we can decide the meet location once we know who's in. So.....who's in??

Matt
 
So...maybe meet for breakfast in or near St. Charles and ride west or something after? That could work for me, but let's see what other responses we get. :)
 
Hmm.. Well, if Short Timer doesn't mind heading north, we could meet at a place I know on Barrington Rd. near 90 and then maybe map out a short loop that hits Penny Rd. and maybe a few other relatively scenic roads in the area...or other ideas??
 
Great... The restaurant is Apple Villa on Barrington Rd. I could be out there by 7:30 or 8, but maybe later works better since you (and others?) would be coming from further away. Cras said he could only meet for breakfast, so maybe he should chime in with his time perimeters.

I hope other area riders read this and decide to join us, even if it's after breakfast.
 
I'd like to see what Cras' schedule is like before I set the exact time, but an early start works better for my day. Once he replies, we'll set the time and I'll try to come up with a route, unless someone else wants to do that. :)
 
OK .. 7:30-7:45 is meet up time at Apple Villa on Barrington Rd. in Hoffman Estates. We can amend that if Cras cannot make it there that early.

Any new RSVPs? The more, the merrier!

I've planned a post-breakfast route, but we can discuss exactly where to go at breakfast. Other people may have better local knowledge than do I. Whatever we do, though, needs to include a few stops for group photos--Ferret gets cranky if there aren't pictures. ;)

Post here if we need to change the time, or if you're not able to attend. Otherwise, see you tomorrow. :D
 
Sorry I can't make it. Can't figure how to make the CB amphibious.

Pictures'll be good. :)
 
Sorry for the last minute reply but unfortunately I cant make it. I have a few important errands I need to do for my 5 month old baby. Sometimes I wish he was old enough to be a little more independent but at the same time every one tells me I'll miss it when he was a baby. Anyways hope you guys have fun.
 
That's too bad, Cras, but family comes first.

So it's me, ToddK and Short Timer committed, right?

Any others?
 
Back
Top