Illlinois meet

1100rider_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Is there anyone that would be interested in have a meet and greet? I am in the western suburbs of Chicago. Just to say hello and talk CB1100. We could have lunch somewhere. I am open to just about anytime of the day or day. We could pick somewhere convenient for all to ride to. Any interest?
 
I'm interested. Didn't see this post until just now. I'm in the NW 'burbs. Maybe we can do this on a day when there isn't a threat of snow....June?? ;)
 
Well, if we're meeting with friends from north of the boarder, we could meet at this little taco stand I know of in Delavan and then maybe take a ride up and around Whitewater Lake. I spent a lot of my misspent youth in that area and there are some nice roads and a couple of cool points of interest.

If we're not going to head that far north, we could meet in Mundelein at Gilmer Roadhouse for lunch, and maybe a short ride northwest. OR there's Epic Deli in Johnsburg...closer to the boarder.

There has to be some more riders from the Chicago area and points close there. It would be cool to get together.
 
It's too bad the Highland house is gone. That place was epic on the weekends.
 
Thread starter
Sometime in June would be good. The weather should be a lot nicer then. I am in the western suburbs and would be available to meet just about anywhere.
 
I'll check my calendar. June would be good. It would be awesome if we could get a few more riders from WI, IL, IN to buy in. :)
 
I'm in. I have been known to ride 300 miles for a cup of joe and ice cream on pie, then go home. Different way of course.
 
Thread starter
Does anyone have a place and date to meet that is kind of central for everyone? It could be a lunch meet and then a ride for anyone wanting to go.
 
Heyy, I just got my 2014 last week, let's ride! I'm near the loop in Chicago but as long as this thing happens on a weekend I can meet up pretty much anywhere.
 
As it stands now, I'm available May 10, 24, and 31 and June 14 and 21. Those are all Saturdays. Sundays re harder for me, but it really depends on which one.

As for places, it depends upon what folks want to do. If we just want to meet for lunch and a short ride, I'd suggest meeting in the Mundelein area (Gilmer Roadhouse or Dock's...GRH is a small place with pretty good food and Dock's is a large bar that gets a lt of bikers coming in). There are some nice roads in the area, especially if we ride north and/or west from there). Alternatively, there's Penny RoadHouse in Barrington (?) or Villge Tavern in Long Grove are cool places to meet with a few somewhat iteresting roads in the area.

If we want to make a day of it, then I suggest meeting at, or riding to, Anchor In for Tacos in Delavan, WI and riding around that area. I know the roads there pretty well. This would make the meetup a little more convenient for Ole.

Those are all just suggestions. Im up for just about anything. Any excuse to ride and meet new people is good with me.
 
Any of those dates work for me but not June 21. Mundelein works ( I have family in Lake Villa) but Delevan works also. I am up for anything.
 
Aloha from Hawaii.

I was just in Chicago last week on business and had some time to stop by Des Plaines Honda to check out the new models since my local dealer is small and rarely brings in the full lineup.

Looked over the 2014 CB1100 (I'm on a 2013), checked out the CTX 1300 (since I miss a bagger like my previous R1200RT) and they JUST got three of the new Valkyries on Friday (geez that engine and cowling are still massive in front of your legs).

You guys in the big metro areas are lucky!

Aloha,
Huladog
 
You should have mentioned that you knew a guy with a CB1100 who posts stuff on the internet...the guys at Des Plaines would know that was me. Lol
 
As I understand it, Ole may not be able to ride for a bit after his surgery. I suggest nailin down a date for this event that is in July or August. I also think that us flatlanders ought to ride at least a little ways into Wisconsin for this meetup. Lets get a date and place nailed down soon!! Also, maybe we should make this a Tri-State meet and try to get some riders from Indiana to join us.
 
Huladog_imp said:
Aloha from Hawaii.

I was just in Chicago last week on business and had some time to stop by Des Plaines Honda to check out the new models since my local dealer is small and rarely brings in the full lineup.

Looked over the 2014 CB1100 (I'm on a 2013), checked out the CTX 1300 (since I miss a bagger like my previous R1200RT) and they JUST got three of the new Valkyries on Friday (geez that engine and cowling are still massive in front of your legs).

You guys in the big metro areas are lucky!

Aloha,
Huladog
I used to live right around the corner from them. That was where I bought my first new bike in 1994...a blue 750 Nighthawk. :D
 
EmptySea_imp said:
As I understand it, Ole may not be able to ride for a bit after his surgery. I suggest nailin down a date for this event that is in July or August. I also think that us flatlanders ought to ride at least a little ways into Wisconsin for this meetup. Lets get a date and place nailed down soon!! Also, maybe we should make this a Tri-State meet and try to get some riders from Indiana to join us.
I am a little bummed out about this knee crap. I want to do a CB meet n greet thing but I am afraid my participation will have to wait til July or August. It all depends on what the doc says. :@
 
Back
Top