Ikon shocks - great for a bad back

I'm thinking shocks will be a spring project maybe March. I'm 180 without gear. The state roads in NH are some of the worst roads I've experienced, terrible heaving in winter/spring, asphalt chunks that have damaged 2 of my cars. I street ride here like trail riding, eyes ahead but always checking the road surface. Suspension more critical than horsepower. Shocks might help and with an aluminum shock body I'd save a few pounds..
 
Thread starter
LouA_imp said:
Thinking about shocks myself. If you don't mind my asking,what's your weight? Thanks...LouA
Around 200 lbs with all my gear on.
Just wanted to add an observation, I'm going for comfort over performance so I have both the springs and dampers set at the lowest settings. I go around 200 lbs with all my gear on, and the rubber stoppers on the shock shafts are still a good inch away from getting to the top of the shaft. This is even after I've hit some pretty good dips at speed. That means I'm still well away from bottoming out the shocks with my weight/riding style even at the lowest settings. I really like how the progressive springs work.
 
Thanks guys,I'm 230ish in my socks.(My Doc's not happy:dodgy:). Also,besides Ikon,has anyone had any experience with Hagon schocks?
 
Back
Top