If you were allowed to recall a bike you owned and keep forever,

peterbaron_imp said:
Desert viper_imp said:
Has to be my 79 CBX....what was I thinking!:@
DV, it would be a pleasure to see some pics of your green ZRX and CBX(?) :)
DV, it would be a pleasure to see some pics of your green ZRX and CBX(?) :)
Bought the CBX with the factory sport kit, 23,000 miles.....drove from LA to Sacramento, bought it, loaded it in my van, and drove home.....long day
!.......wish I still had it...
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Nice bike capture BaxterCat. Clean lump lines. Clearly you dressed just for the pic only, eh? :)

I mean, I wouldn't wish to discover a shoe on the boulevard.
Yes, GO. I put on shoes for the occasion. :)
 
you guys are gonna laugh....because this isn't as retro or classic as any of the other bikes you've posted. but remember, i did win youngest cb rider at the last rally...



this is a stock image, because for all my fond memories of this bike i did not take a single picture of it. I purchased it used for 4500 bucks with only 4000 miles on it when i first moved back to SC. It was a means to an end. It was my new commuter. It was the first time i had ever ridden a motorcycle without forward controls.


I used this particular stock image because mine had the same aftermarket exhaust slipon on it. It had a nice throaty twin , it was super light, super agile, wanted to pick up the front end all the time. The poor thing was just too small to handle long term high mileage highway commuter riding. that was the only reason i ended up getting my CB and getting rid of this.

It was a gorgeous machine with basically no flaws. It opened my eyes to a different and...sorry...better riding style. The humble CBR500R is something I would take back in a heartbeat if i could.
 
We're the only forum members in our area, so we try to link up when the weather and work schedules permit.

There are precious little good roads down here. Don't think there will ever be a Charleston East Coast Rally!
 

Probably this one. My first street bike. 1974 CB 450. I bought it used from a tennis buddy. Begged him to sell it to me. Negotiated to $760. My wife still has a small burn scar from the exhaust.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I liked my BSA Lightnings. But for todays riding I would choose my 1982 Honda Aspencade. Reliable, comfortable, easy to maintain, and Penny might even come for a ride.
 
Thread starter
Oooo, an uncommon black and white pic. The Aspencade always got the look-over from me. Similarly, the Yamaha counterpart Venture Royale.
 
Ok I,ve talked about this before but it would have been my Honda PC 800 I think it was a 96 model. Had a few problems with it, carbs and cracked plastic but I finally put 2 decals on her that read, “body by Tupperware ”, always got a few laughs. Great handling, easy to ride, comfortable, fast enough. Might just find another one some day?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I am very, very tired this morning. As such, when checking in on this thread after landing directly on this page without seeing the posts preceding this post, I mistakenly THOUGHT that this post read as such:

GoldOxide_imp said:
Yes, the early girlfriends with burns on their lower legs.

"Wear some jeans."

(nope)
My immediate thought was not if I had read this wrong, but rather what particular motorcycle led the conversation down this path. It was only after working my way back upstream in this thread that I realized my mistake. But at least for the remainder of the day I will be thinking “that’s right, the CB450 — Honda’s “bad boy’s bike” of the 70’s. What a difference a few letters in a word make.
 
Back
Top