GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
In the original thread by Guth (not this thread), a few posts have provided a direct link to such a suggestion.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
As to this suggestion, this is still Guths site, and no one should go behind his back and try and obtain it.i would think the hosting site would not do this anyway until when/ if/ever Guth defaulted on hus renewal.Rboe_imp said:Thinking out loud here; what if we contacted the service hosting this site; explain the owner was looking at discontinuing the site and has since gone dark - would it be possible to for a member to have the site ownership gracefully roll over to them?
I reckon most Forum members are unable to appreciate what his life priorities right now.peterbaron_imp said:I do not believe that Guth would just drop us or abandon in an ugly manner = not Guth's style :exclamation:
Absolutely.Cormanus_imp said:May I suggest “would” as a substitute for “might”, GO?
I think he still has a Wing and recently picked up a VFR800. I know the pic; one of my faves.The ferret_imp said:That's Cool Sea. What's Memphis riding these days?
I have a pic of you and he here somewhere smoking stogies out front at the Ky rally.
“Stogie” = “Cigar” in Yankee slangCormanus_imp said:‘Smoming’ a stogie? What is that? Or is it a question not safe to ask on a refined forum?
Hey pal I fixed one of your typos the other day :dodgy:Cormanus_imp said:‘Smoming’ a stogie? What is that? Or is it a question not safe to ask on a refined forum?
Is the Canadian flank permitted to take this matter into their own hands and post comments...just asking?Cormanus_imp said:‘Smoming’ a stogie? What is that? Or is it a question not safe to ask on a refined forum?

... awl, man. Yum.EmptySea_imp said:I’m posting this here because this forum has been the incubator of relationships that thrive outside of the boundary of the worldwide web.
Last week, former CB1100 owner and semi-active Forum member, Memphis Mike, and his wife flew in for a quick Mimi-vacation to Chicago. I live close to O’Hare and offered to pick them up from the airport, take them to a new BBQ place a friend of mine owns, and “Uber” them to their hotel downtown.
Mike’s a bit of a BBQ expert so he enjoyed comparing Mel’s Craft BBQ to his own and he and Mel talked shop for a few minutes. He was pleasantly surprised by the quality of Mel’s “not-Memphis” brisket and ribs.
I gave him some recommendations for iconic Chicago eats like pizza, hot dogs, and beef sandwiches as well as a couple of cigar shops close to their hotel. He “tipped” his driver with three cigars and a couple of “Memphis Mike” stickers which are now proudly displayed in my garage.
We’re talking about him riding up here next summer to ride, eat, and smoke cigars. Or maybe me doing a SS1000 where I deliver a box of Mel’s BBQ to Mike in Memphis and he sends me home with a box from his favorite local joint. Neither would happen except for the existence of the CB1100 Forum
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. I appreciate it. ‘Smoming’ was such a great word, I couldn’t resist.The ferret_imp said:Hey pal I fixed one of your typos the other day :dodgy:Cormanus_imp said:‘Smoming’ a stogie? What is that? Or is it a question not safe to ask on a refined forum?
:rofl:

I was aware of that, but delighted I prompted you to look at its etymology. How do you pronounce stogie? Like ‘dodgy’? Or is it a long ‘o’ (as in bow that you use an arrow with). Hard ‘g’ as in ‘dog’? Or soft as in ‘gas’?EmptySea_imp said:I think he still has a Wing and recently picked up a VFR800. I know the pic; one of my faves.The ferret_imp said:That's Cool Sea. What's Memphis riding these days?
I have a pic of you and he here somewhere smoking stogies out front at the Ky rally.
“Stogie” = “Cigar” in Yankee slangCormanus_imp said:‘Smoming’ a stogie? What is that? Or is it a question not safe to ask on a refined forum?
The question prompted me to do a Google search on the word’s origins. Seems that the name is related to Conestoga, Pennsylvania where both tobacco was grown and Conestoga Wagons were built. “Stogie” was a name given to the driver of a Conestoga Wagon and somehow the name was further attributed to the rather roughly made cigars that they smoked.
Again, thanks for that.EmptySea_imp said:I think he still has a Wing and recently picked up a VFR800. I know the pic; one of my faves.The ferret_imp said:That's Cool Sea. What's Memphis riding these days?
I have a pic of you and he here somewhere smoking stogies out front at the Ky rally.
“Stogie” = “Cigar” in Yankee slangCormanus_imp said:‘Smoming’ a stogie? What is that? Or is it a question not safe to ask on a refined forum?
The question prompted me to do a Google search on the word’s origins. Seems that the name is related to Conestoga, Pennsylvania where both tobacco was grown and Conestoga Wagons were built. “Stogie” was a name given to the driver of a Conestoga Wagon and somehow the name was further attributed to the rather roughly made cigars that they smoked.