If the CB1100 didn't exist

I tested the 13 model during a Honda sponsorship ride and at the time found the engine Felt like a sowing machine, needed a 6th gear and did not like the 4 in 1. Then a few years later I was told that it was a Available in 6 speed version, however, still kept the 4 in 1 exhaust system. So I kept waiting while using my CBX until the 17 model came out -rushed to the dealer and put a deposit without seeing the bike- only read it from the internet/magazine. The 17 model had everything I wanted and took delivery a month later. I never looked back afterwards, it is such a fabulous bike
FYI, sold my 2 CBX and CBR600 and only kept the CB1100
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Yes yes, the '13 is the only "pure" model... everything went downhill from there.

And I'm not saying that because I could only afford a '13 when I bought mine... right? :)
You're right.
 
Actually, the 2010, 2011 and 2012 models are purer still. :D
 
The 2010 was the first one indeed!!....I think, Australia, Europe, Japan + maybe some other Asian countries.
 
I rode a Moto Martin CBX one time when we had a CBX rally at my house in Upstate NY , friend on mine had one and we swopped bikes for a ride , he rode my CB 1100 R.
That bike was never imported into the USA but I bought one from the manager of Clint Eastwood in CA . Yes I did get Clint to sign pictures of him for my children.
 
I have a 20 mile commute to work. If my CB1100 didn't exist, I think the new Kawasaki Ninja 400 would be an absolute blast for commuting.
 
My CB1100 does not exist. So it has to be the Africa Twin.

= = =

But seriously, a comparable CB replacement? Dang. That's hard for me ... Yamaha Maxim 750X. (Bonus: It has SSSSHHHH-aft drive)

 
I really like the VFR 1200X. Has anyone owned this bike or ridden one?

I am think about buying a 2017 as a second bike.
 
For me if the CB1100 didn't exist? Probably a CB1000r. Maybe a z900rs. Maybe even a W800cafe.
But I wanted a simple "get on and go" bike which is why I would say the W800.
 
The ferret_imp said:
some others brought it up in another thread about the new bikes being released, but I thought this would make in interesting topic on it's own merit

IF.. the Honda CB1100 didn't exist

what other bike or bikes would be on your radar for buying?
I think the 1982 Restored, Suzuki GS1100E I hope to get in a few weeks, would be the bike I would, and will ride. It is faster than our beloved CB, and with the Progressive Shocks I am going to mount, may ride as smooth. I will let you all know as soon as I get her!
GoldOxide_imp said:
My CB1100 does not exist. So it has to be the Africa Twin.

= = =

But seriously, a comparable CB replacement? Dang. That's hard for me ... Yamaha Maxim 750X. (Bonus: It has SSSSHHHH-aft drive)
I like this bike. Being a retro bike lover, and when one looks in really good shape, you got my eye! (The Yamaha Maxim at the top of the page)
 
michael1954_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
some others brought it up in another thread about the new bikes being released, but I thought this would make in interesting topic on it's own merit

IF.. the Honda CB1100 didn't exist

what other bike or bikes would be on your radar for buying?
I think the 1982 Restored, Suzuki GS1100E I hope to get in a few weeks, would be the bike I would, and will ride. It is faster than our beloved CB, and with the Progressive Shocks I am going to mount, may ride as smooth. I will let you all know as soon as I get her!
GoldOxide_imp said:
My CB1100 does not exist. So it has to be the Africa Twin.

= = =

But seriously, a comparable CB replacement? Dang. That's hard for me ... Yamaha Maxim 750X. (Bonus: It has SSSSHHHH-aft drive)
I like this bike. Being a retro bike lover, and when one looks in really good shape, you got my eye! (The Yamaha Maxim at the top of the page)
I like this bike. Being a retro bike lover, and when one looks in really good shape, you got my eye! (The Yamaha Maxim at the top of the page)
Hey, ya. A 20-valve 750cc engine in a standard steel tube frame, the bike actually excels! I think stock is around 105 bhp. Even the air-cooled tamed 700cc version looks okay.

The downside: The 20-valve lump can be a gas guzzler when ridden well.
 
I'd probably still be sitting on my Cali14 as far as street bikes go, it was well built well behaved bike, just a little bit too cruiserish for my taste

If I sold it as I did it would be a tossup between r9t and scrambler 1100, guess I have a thing for air-cooled machines
a83ef32bdef6ee28cd6efa2ebf132a09.jpg


Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
 
tod.branko_imp said:
I'd probably still be sitting on my Cali14 as far as street bikes go, it was well built well behaved bike, just a little bit too cruiserish for my taste

If I sold it as I did it would be a tossup between r9t and scrambler 1100, guess I have a thing for air-cooled machines
a83ef32bdef6ee28cd6efa2ebf132a09.jpg


Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Mmmm, yeah, ... Guzzi. :thumbsup:

I really like the presentation of the Griso, and I almost chose the Griso over the CB1100. From Forum members, sounds like I chose wisely.
 
There is a special feeling connected to riding a Guzzi, especially one of the big ones. It's loud and heavy and rattles a lot, feels like a proper beast. I loved every minute I spent on it... alas, life is too short - I committed myself to one woman, I don't see why to commit myself to one motorcycle

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
 
On the BBC news there was a segment about the poor job market in the UAE with a lot of people going back to their home country , I hope that your job is safe !
 
Houtman_imp said:
On the BBC news there was a segment about the poor job market in the UAE with a lot of people going back to their home country , I hope that your job is safe !
The job market is just as bad as anywhere else, people working in hospitality and real estate are currently suffering the most because people just don't travel, the rest of us are ok. I work in healthcare, people get sick all the time, this does not change

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top