If Honda builds it...

Mikestib1_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Been loving my 1100, more than the 1983 CB 1100F I owned way back. My buddy's CB 900F handled much better. How about Honda, who has been criticized of late about their boring line up brought back an updated CBX? Air cooled of course. It would blow some minds. Just dreaming
 
The CBX had poor sales so that's why Honda had to discontinue.

I don't know if they would bring it back. The easiest thing for Honda to do would probably to take CB1100's platform and add 2 more cylinder, (1 on each side).

The CB1100 has 1140cc, which is 285cc/cylinder and multiply it by 6 and make it 1710cc.

or they could use JDM CB1300's 1,284cc Inline-4 engine and make it 1926cc Inline-6.
 
Why?

I'm beginning to think that part of the marketing problems with our CB relate to the fact that Honda is destined to be forever associated with the ubiquitous Accord.

They've gone down so many paths with motorcycles that no one knows where they lead.
 
I think a reintroduced CBX would have to be air-cooled, naked and relatively sporty from a styling standpoint to be a market success. Otherwise, I think it would get lost as just another expensive, heavy, six cylinder bike (GL1800, K1600LT).
 
When CB1100 was introduced, Yamaha Sakura was also introduced as a concept bike at Tokyo Motor Show but supposed to be very close to production ready. The Japanese media was all hyped up about it, it was supposed to be a classic 1000 or 1100cc V-Twin cafe racer but never made into production, I wonder why. :huh:

7ead9c095eadc990ee4bd48a806a19ec.jpg

aae5b6822daa497c61c03c6ada22b1da.png

a544aa2bde413f366eabf5f72d82ce75.jpg

636f6c0a4903d34bed4fd54b3f96edb8.jpg
 
I like the CX650 better to resurrect. OR I like the idea of a NEW parallel twin based on the CB1100. Air cooled CB or Scrambler CL type bike twin with fuel injection and chain drive or shaft. Just a thought.
 
I'd like to see the return of small displacement inline 4s, like the CB350/CB400/CB500 Fours.

Honda already makes this bike (CB400SF), but hasn't seemed inclined to bring it here in the last few decades.
 
How cool would a CB550 be! Same cool vibe and style, but less weight and HP. Really dug my 1979 Kawasaki KZ400 for a year. I guess they are feeling it out that segment with the new Rebel, but that's more of a cruiser.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
I'd like to see the return of small displacement inline 4s, like the CB350/CB400/CB500 Fours.

Honda already makes this bike (CB400SF), but hasn't seemed inclined to bring it here in the last few decades.
That would be great. I like small displacement bikes but the SF seems, for its size, to be a gas hog. Also, we have just recently received the 300/500 rebel. Done right the 500 could be a cult classic.
 
Back
Top