if cb1100 was a car, what could it be

igabiva28_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
The cb1100 works so much for so many wrote one of us. But is it a transposition for a car ? For me! The car which works so much for so many does not exist.
What do you think about ?
 
Honda Accord Coupe.
Reliable as a Honda, nice enough looking to turn heads, decent handling, and large enough to have a comfortable ride.
 
My opinion as well.. Honda Accord
 
I swear I'm not just following the crowd here...

My very first thought was also a Honda Accord (one of the best cars I've ever owned) but it has to be the V6.
 
I understand the sentiment and feel the Honda love but I've never turned my head to take in a Honda Accord. My mother has a very nice one and it is everything one might want in a car - comfort, technology, dependability, with decent acceleration - but it lacks what I feel the CB has in spades. Style. Character. Timeless design. A harkening back to a classic era.

What do I suggest as an answer? Don't have one yet. I think igabiva28's question is a good one. A difficult one to answer.
 
Cars and motorbikes are so different, it's not easy to find an equation for the CB
in the world of cars. If I have to find a car, that nearly can take the
place of the Honda, I choose my Toyota Prius III.

Somehow a modern classic, a pioneer of technology as the
original 750 was, useable in many ways, enough torque, also speed cutted
at 180km/h, reliable, build in Japan, not everyones darling..... but mine.

Wisedrum
 
Oh, man. Nobody has ever gazed upon a Honda Accord and gushed over it's looks, heritage, retro style, and cool factor. Ever. I don't have an answer to the question yet. But it's not an Accord.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
I understand the sentiment and feel the Honda love but I've never turned my head to take in a Honda Accord. My mother has a very nice one and it is everything one might want in a car - comfort, technology, dependability, with decent acceleration - but it lacks what I feel the CB has in spades. Style. Character. Timeless design. A harkening back to a classic era.

What do I suggest as an answer? Don't have one yet. I think igabiva28's question is a good one. A difficult one to answer.
Good points - and this was my second thought as well. I even started to second guess myself, due to some of the same things you mentioned.
Then I got to thinking, the CB has a classic design, but it's not vintage. It's a modern bike, with modern, reliable build quality. Not so different than the Accord in that regard.
The style of the car is obviously subjective, but I've always found the Accord sedans to be handsome cars, and the coupes to be quite attractive ("timeless design" might be stretching that a bit, however... :D ).
"Character"...hmmm, no, you've probably got me there, no comparison. :blush:
So, overall, just as you said, it really is an interesting and difficult question to answer. My answer was the first thing that came to mind, and to me, is not really too far off the mark.
That's my story, and I'm sticking with it. ;)
 
Porsche Boxter 986 - Retro- styled with modern innovations. Not terribly powerful, but good handling and sporty looking. Fun to drive and a head-turner. The comparison fails on the reliability front and arguably on pricing compared to competition, but otherwise it's not too far off.
 
2004 Thunderbird, A similar retro design where style was more important than performance, easy cruising machine...... :)
 
Gentlemen,

To me the car equivalent of the CB11 is the 2007 Mustang GT. A retro styled Mustang that homogelates elements from 1964 to 1970 Mustangs with a modern V-8 and much greater reliability than the 60's cars.

Chip
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
Gentlemen,

To me the car equivalent of the CB11 is the 2007 Mustang GT. A retro styled Mustang that homogelates elements from 1964 to 1970 Mustangs with a modern V-8 and much greater reliability than the 60's cars.

Chip
Yes. I agree. But the Mustang has the "Pony Package" V-6. The engine is obviously neutered. 86 or so HP from an 1100 cc? I like the bike but the HP was figured on a Monday morning before the coffee was ready. Just my .02 cents.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
I understand the sentiment and feel the Honda love but I've never turned my head to take in a Honda Accord. My mother has a very nice one and it is everything one might want in a car - comfort, technology, dependability, with decent acceleration - but it lacks what I feel the CB has in spades. Style. Character. Timeless design. A harkening back to a classic era.

What do I suggest as an answer? Don't have one yet. I think igabiva28's question is a good one. A difficult one to answer.
I'm with you mate. But I am certain, in my own mind at least, that I HAVE THE ANSWER!

Check out a new take on a classic design here.

Cheers.
 
The Mustang would be a better fit if it did not emphasize performance so much. (unless you count the POS 1974 Tonka toy Mustangs :) ).
Pterodactyl. :worship:
 
I own both a '13 Accord, and a '13 CB1100. I wouldn't go with the Accord since the CB is a somewhat muscular modern retro. Accords were never muscle cars, and the first CB was after all the first super bike. I think it would be more in the line of a Ford Mustang, though that's an American brand, but it has the nostalgic power car heritage. If we had to make it Japanese, I would go maybe with a Nissan 350Z, Toyota Supra, or even an Acura NSX. But then again the CB is an affordable bike just as the Accord is an affordable car, so maybe not so much the NSX.
 
JustJohn_imp said:
ChipBeck_imp said:
Gentlemen,

To me the car equivalent of the CB11 is the 2007 Mustang GT. A retro styled Mustang that homogelates elements from 1964 to 1970 Mustangs with a modern V-8 and much greater reliability than the 60's cars.

Chip
Yes. I agree. But the Mustang has the "Pony Package" V-6. The engine is obviously neutered. 86 or so HP from an 1100 cc? I like the bike but the HP was figured on a Monday morning before the coffee was ready. Just my .02 cents.
Yes. I agree. But the Mustang has the "Pony Package" V-6. The engine is obviously neutered. 86 or so HP from an 1100 cc? I like the bike but the HP was figured on a Monday morning before the coffee was ready. Just my .02 cents.
My 2007 Mustang GT has a 4.6L V-8 with very good (but certainly not world beating) performance. I think the big CB is an excellent match here. I'm not an expert track rider and most of my street bike time has been on Harley's and other air cooled twins like the Bonneville so I think the CB11 has excellent performance. I bought a new 600cc sport bike years ago and the performance of that bike was so far beyond my capabilities as a rider it wasn't fun for this old man. Cheers.

Chip
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
metallyguitarded_imp said:
I understand the sentiment and feel the Honda love but I've never turned my head to take in a Honda Accord. My mother has a very nice one and it is everything one might want in a car - comfort, technology, dependability, with decent acceleration - but it lacks what I feel the CB has in spades. Style. Character. Timeless design. A harkening back to a classic era.

What do I suggest as an answer? Don't have one yet. I think igabiva28's question is a good one. A difficult one to answer.
I'm with you mate. But I am certain, in my own mind at least, that I HAVE THE ANSWER!

Check out a new take on a classic design here.

Cheers.

I'm with you mate. But I am certain, in my own mind at least, that I HAVE THE ANSWER!

Check out a new take on a classic design [url=http://www.morgan-motor.co.uk/roadster/]here.

Cheers.
Perfect! Sport-y, retro, beautiful, moderate price, fun, seats 2!
 
Back
Top