Icon Super Duty 5 Boots

cool. Nice looking boots. Not waterproof I assume?

I need taller soles :-/ lol Looking for a pair of lightweight side zip tactical type boot with vibram (aka waffle stomper) soles that's waterproof for riding the FJR
 
Ferret I too wear the tactile boots with the side zipper. I got mine at Sears , they were on sale and bought 2 pairs. There are very similar to Bates boots.
 
Thread starter
:thumbsup: I think Icon have gone in a different direction with the 5, evolving from a work boot style to a tech sneaker concept.
 
I like my icons....if its a day ride I prefer them over my Klim goretex boots.
But for over night trips I can't chance having wet boots the next morning.
Also the icons are a little thicker and warmer for below 50 degrees day rides.
 
Ferret - are you looking for moto boots or generic? Hiking soled (I’m assuming by vibram waffle you mean that?) side zip waterproof moto boots are quite a tall order!
 
Puma Flat2 GTX V2

These are walkable pretty well anywhere. But, they have that geeky motorcycle appearance. They have a waterproof side zipper. Uses Gore-Tex.
 
cblais19_imp said:
Ferret - are you looking for moto boots or generic? Hiking soled (I’m assuming by vibram waffle you mean that?) side zip waterproof moto boots are quite a tall order!
I'll probably have to go with generics. Finding mc specific boots with those specs would be Tough to find I would think.
 
Well the hiking soles is probably more important to me ( I do know how to tie laces lol). But the added height of the vibram sole is what I'm after, over traditional mc boots which I already own.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Well the hiking soles is probably more important to me ( I do know how to tie laces lol). But the added height of the vibram sole is what I'm after, over traditional mc boots which I already own.
These are pricey, but I really like them. Tall, protective and Vibram sole. Comfortable too. Not a side zipper, but side Velcro is even easier. They are a bit tall for hiking boots, so if you're really looking for something to hike in as well as ride, I'm not sure that they are what you're looking for. But they have check my boxes....

Stylmartin Matrix Boots - RevZilla
 
tommymck_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Well the hiking soles is probably more important to me ( I do know how to tie laces lol). But the added height of the vibram sole is what I'm after, over traditional mc boots which I already own.
These are pricey, but I really like them. Tall, protective and Vibram sole. Comfortable too. Not a side zipper, but side Velcro is even easier. They are a bit tall for hiking boots, so if you're really looking for something to hike in as well as ride, I'm not sure that they are what you're looking for. But they have check my boxes....

Stylmartin Matrix Boots - RevZilla
They are tall, but I like the clamps. Starting to see more street boots with them. The design looks good. Part Western, part Stormtrooper.
 
Yeah, any of the road oriented adv style boots will work for that then. Forma Cape Horns are a more budget but good quality option.

Actually, may have found a boot that meets all your criteria. Gaerne G Stone Goretex. You’d have to order them from Europe (I use Motostorm.it all the time, way cheaper for Italian gear) - but side zip, waterproof, lugged hiking style sole, CE certified moto boot. Nice style too, would look great with the CB as well.
 
My preference is a shorter boot, because of the hot weather where I live, and have become a fan of Daytona. Daytona is hand made in Bavaria, and all they do is make boots. Mine are the Arrow Sport GTX. All leather upper, waterproof, Gortex, armored, and CE rated. Very comfortable for walking around off the bike. For those that prefer a taller boot, there is the Daytona Roadstar GTX. Daytona is pricey, but after trying many different boot brands, I think they are worth it. Daytona Arrow Sport GTX Boots - RevZilla
 
Daytona’s are amazing. I’m thinking about picking up their Burdit model - it’s perforated all over for warm weather.

In Europe, there’s a bunch of Daytona models we don’t get here, including non-goretex ones.
 
I have the Daytona Road Star GTX and love them , bought them directly from Germany and saved nearly $100 AND they had my size in the extra width.
 
Back
Top