I want to do this to my bike, but I can't determine the right size...

How do you hook that into the type actuator/reservoir we have?
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
How do you hook that into the type actuator/reservoir we have?
That's what I was thinking too, you'd need master cylinders without integral resivoirs. It's possible, but I don't think it's really practical on the CB.
 
Easy to do if you get a new master cylinder too. That is not going to be plug and play, mostly custom work.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
How do you hook that into the type actuator/reservoir we have?
You don't. The m/c's and reservoirs are an integrated unit. Needs both clutch and brake m/c's of the type that require a separate reservoir. Quite expensive, no benefit at all. Also must be very careful to get the piston sizing and lever ratios correct or clutch/brake action could be very wrong, and perhaps dangerous.

Get a nice pipe or something, maybe?
 
Thread starter
OK, you guys convinced me !!!

Since I have no mechanical aptitude, I naively thought "plug & play". Apparently not!

So that just becomes margarita money instead. I'm OK with that.

Thanks for the useful info!!
 
No disrespect or offence intended, but I have to wonder why you thought of doing this in the first place. :huh:
 
Thread starter
No more reason than I liked the look.

Someone posted a photo of a cafe'd CB1100 the other day with them mounted. Looked cool! That's why. Plug & play...I'd be there.
 
Olyrider_imp said:
No more reason than I liked the look.

Someone posted a photo of a cafe'd CB1100 the other day with them mounted. Looked cool! That's why. Plug & play...I'd be there.
OK, understood, that's cool :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top