I think Its Done

Hi Chync, I bought yesterday my new 2014 CB11 and will make some mods. I love the work you have done and wonder if you can share the details of your windscreen (love it!). Ciao ~ Alberto
 
Thread starter
Both Japan webike and Samutider sell them. Got mine at Samurider. It’s made by Chic design I believe. It comes as unfinished but I think Samurider could get it painted to match a Honda color. You would need to check with Mr T on that. I find it reduces without eliminating wind to make highway riding more enjoyable.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Not made by Chic Design. Says WM on the Samurider site.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Not made by Chic Design. Says WM on the Samurider site.

I ended up getting several parts at once and must have assumed they all came from Chic. Someone hand makes them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
chync_imp said:
Had the bike painted to match my 2017 tank. I think I'm done. ;-)

Everything I have done to my 2014 so far:

Windscreen
Short handlebars
2017 tank
Custom seat
Short front and rear fenders
Rear rack
17" tubeless spoked aluminum wheels
Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tires
Smaller front sprocket
Ohlins rear shocks
Ohlins front fork inserts
Fork brace
Steel braided brake lines
Aggressive brake pads
Lowered front end and raised the rear
Staintune exhaust
Jet hot coated headers
Frame sliders
Power commander v
Flashed ecu
Dyno tuned fuel map
Custom paint

3fbbf15f6f38dfe053483cee21d46f35.jpg




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you get the braided brake lines from if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
 
Love the look Chync!
The continuation of the red from tank to seat cowl line is very cool. I love the tank with the two racing lines so much i may just add that to my black std in red, inverse of yours.

Also, with ECU plus Power commander and a dyno tune what were your results? I am not expecting 100 hp, but it would be cool to see where you ended up.
 
Nicki,

I'm not normally a white paint kinda guy- but your bike would look awesome with a white painted aluminum cowl.

Somebody was selling one on the classifieds here somewhat recently- I don't know if it is still available.
 
Thread starter
Hondakid_imp said:
Love the look Chync!
The continuation of the red from tank to seat cowl line is very cool. I love the tank with the two racing lines so much i may just add that to my black std in red, inverse of yours.

Also, with ECU plus Power commander and a dyno tune what were your results? I am not expecting 100 hp, but it would be cool to see where you ended up.

I ended up at 93hp with my mods


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nicki-nitro_imp said:


Tank swap requires no mods to the bike. You will have to move your fuel float from the old to new tank but it’s easy. The fuel capacity gauge is calibrated for the smaller tank size so it will indicate you are getting low when you really have an extra half gallon of fuel. Otherwise no issues.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I can live easily with two keys. But the issue with the fuel capacity gauge seems to me like a typical "tuning trap". You modify one thing and this has other "negative" consequences.

So far my tank indicates "low" (fuel indicator starts to flash) and when I make it full, 11L (2.9 gallons) are spent, or 3.5L (0.9 gallons) are left. With the new 4.5 gallon tank, it remains the same or does it really indicates "empty" with a rest of 2L (0.5 gallons)??? So start flashing with 2L left?. This were totally acceptable.

Where do I get the second key (Honda or Samurider)?
 
Thread starter
When you order the tank make sure you order the fuel cap, it’s a separate part and comes with the key.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
chync_imp said:
Had the bike painted to match my 2017 tank. I think I'm done. ;-)

Everything I have done to my 2014 so far:

Windscreen
Short handlebars
2017 tank
Custom seat
Short front and rear fenders
Rear rack
17" tubeless spoked aluminum wheels
Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tires
Smaller front sprocket
Ohlins rear shocks
Ohlins front fork inserts
Fork brace
Steel braided brake lines
Aggressive brake pads
Lowered front end and raised the rear
Staintune exhaust
Jet hot coated headers
Frame sliders
Power commander v
Flashed ecu
Dyno tuned fuel map
Custom paint

3fbbf15f6f38dfe053483cee21d46f35.jpg




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great job looks great. Can you please talk about the rear ohlins shocks and wether the piggy back reservoirs were installed at the bottom instead of the top like on some models. Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ideally, shock reservoirs are run at the top to reduce the unsprung weight. In this case, the reservoir may interfere with the rack mounts.
 
Thread starter
The Ohlins model I have are fully adjustable and one of the adjusters is at the top of the reservoir if mounted normally. Unfortunately the mounting bolts for the side grab rails do not provide enough clearance for the adjuster. The reservoir for this model is pressurized so Ohlins techs said they would function normally if mounted upside down so I swapped the mounting bushings between the top and bottom and inverted them.

Those same bolts for the grab rails are also required for the rear rack. If I didn’t use the rear rack I would just remove the grab rails and mount the shocks normally. I almost had a working solution by orienting the reservoirs toward the front of the bike in an upright orientation. Unfortunately the reservoir on the left side blocked access to the key hole for the seat lock. It was close. I almost cut the end off a key which would have just had enough clearance.

There are some other Ohlins reservoir bodies that sit much lower in relation to the upper mounting but they are not fully adjustable.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
9ee5ba4d46f32a4fa636358c8b7b8805.jpg

I just realized the bike has changed a little since I posted the photo. The red matching front fender was added and I removed the rear fender.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Got it Chync
f69701056330fd932e9d6c2e27788cd6.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What adjustment do you loose if you get the non-fully adjustable ohlins model that don’t interfere with anything


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
chync_imp said:
The Ohlins model I have are fully adjustable and one of the adjusters is at the top of the reservoir if mounted normally. Unfortunately the mounting bolts for the side grab rails do not provide enough clearance for the adjuster. The reservoir for this model is pressurized so Ohlins techs said they would function normally if mounted upside down so I swapped the mounting bushings between the top and bottom and inverted them.

Those same bolts for the grab rails are also required for the rear rack. If I didn’t use the rear rack I would just remove the grab rails and mount the shocks normally. I almost had a working solution by orienting the reservoirs toward the front of the bike in an upright orientation. Unfortunately the reservoir on the left side blocked access to the key hole for the seat lock. It was close. I almost cut the end off a key which would have just had enough clearance.

There are some other Ohlins reservoir bodies that sit much lower in relation to the upper mounting but they are not fully adjustable.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
9ee5ba4d46f32a4fa636358c8b7b8805.jpg

I just realized the bike has changed a little since I posted the photo. The red matching front fender was added and I removed the rear fender.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The snap showcases the bike's lump well.
 
Back
Top