I should have stayed home

Houtman_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I had a successful TURP operation this passed Monday and felt great being at home sitting on a chair and sofa.
Yesterday the weather was nice and I went for a 100 mile bike ride .
Well,coming back I am now paying the price as I have blood in the urine again,even with the comfortable Corbin seat.
Lesson learned: listen to your surgeon and wife!
 
I have no idea what TURP surgery is, but if you are peeing blood, it ain't good.

So do you have to go back to the doc? Hospital? What is the course for getting better?

Btw if you are going to listen to anybody..those two are at the top of the list. ;)
 
Oh Ack..you made me google it. Made my face scrunch up..yiiii
 
A transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) is a surgical procedure that removes portions of the prostate gland through the penis. A TURP requires no external incision.

The surgeon reaches the prostate by inserting an instrument through the urethra (the narrow channel through which urine passes from the bladder out of the body). This instrument, called a resectoscope, is about 12 inches long and one-half inch in diameter. It contains a light, valves that control irrigating fluid, and an electrical loop that cuts tissue and seals blood vessels. It's inserted through the penis and the wire loop is guided by the surgeon so it can remove the obstructing tissue one piece at a time. The pieces of tissue are carried by fluid into the bladder and flushed out at the end of the procedure.

Holy cuss. Anything that makes a broken hip look good (this does) SUCKS!!!!
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
A transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP) is a surgical procedure that removes portions of the prostate gland through the penis. A TURP requires no external incision.

The surgeon reaches the prostate by inserting an instrument through the urethra (the narrow channel through which urine passes from the bladder out of the body). This instrument, called a resectoscope, is about 12 inches long and one-half inch in diameter. It contains a light, valves that control irrigating fluid, and an electrical loop that cuts tissue and seals blood vessels. It's inserted through the penis and the wire loop is guided by the surgeon so it can remove the obstructing tissue one piece at a time. The pieces of tissue are carried by fluid into the bladder and flushed out at the end of the procedure.

Holy cuss. Anything that makes a broken hip look good (this does) SUCKS!!!!
+1 I'll never complain about passing kidney stones again! Yikes!
 
Thread starter
After not being able to pee for 3 days and having a catheter in for 6 weeks (still working and riding my bikes),the operation was not as bad as I thought. They put you to sleep and about 1 hour later it is over.
I stayed in the hospital for one night and came home the next morning.
That afternoon I felt good enough to go back to work and that was my downfall.
Altough I took 3 weeks off from my job I started to do yard work after a few days and than the bike ride on sunday.
Sitting on a bike seat is different as you sit more on your prostate area than your butt cheeks.
I do not want to turn this in a medical thread but know that we have many members my age (63) or close and it is a mans problem when you get older.
To take care of all the wear of years of use I also asked if they could do an extension but no luck !!!
 
Lol that was funny Capo, actually made me laugh out loud...cruel, but funny
 
Houtman_imp said:
After not being able to pee for 3 days and having a catheter in for 6 weeks (still working and riding my bikes),the operation was not as bad as I thought. They put you to sleep and about 1 hour later it is over.
I stayed in the hospital for one night and came home the next morning.
That afternoon I felt good enough to go back to work and that was my downfall.
Altough I took 3 weeks off from my job I started to do yard work after a few days and than the bike ride on sunday.
Sitting on a bike seat is different as you sit more on your prostate area than your butt cheeks.
I do not want to turn this in a medical thread but know that we have many members my age (63) or close and it is a mans problem when you get older.
To take care of all the wear of years of use I also asked if they could do an extension but no luck !!!
Houtman, have you heard of the Airhawk R?

http://www.airhawk.net/airhawk-r.aspx

Maybe it can help you going forward. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
 
Omg!!!! Houtman... no bike riding is worth medical complications... especially like what you've mentioned. Man... put the trickle charger on it and get out the bike cover. It'll be there when you're good and completely healed. Bottom line... the wife and the doctor win on this one!! Good luck and heal well.
 
Houtman, I had a kidney stone procedure that went bad last year and the emergency surgeries were a nightmare as it turned out I had a large prostrate (ignorance was bliss). The recovery was brutal due to prostrate issues, not the kidney stone. I too will need the Turp. It takes months to heal so take it easy for goodness sakes. The bike will be there when all better and able to ride.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Houtman,

Prostate problems are the pits. I'm younger than you and no longer have one. Take it easy and get well before stirring it all up again.
 
Thread starter
Thank you for the support and guys do not ignore difficult peeing !
The suggestion about the Airhawk was great and I never thought of putting this on my seat,I have one and did not use it !!!
Perhaps I also need a brain scan to see if there is any functional tissue left in my scull.
 
RetroKitch_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
After not being able to pee for 3 days and having a catheter in for 6 weeks (still working and riding my bikes),the operation was not as bad as I thought. They put you to sleep and about 1 hour later it is over.
I stayed in the hospital for one night and came home the next morning.
That afternoon I felt good enough to go back to work and that was my downfall.
Altough I took 3 weeks off from my job I started to do yard work after a few days and than the bike ride on sunday.
Sitting on a bike seat is different as you sit more on your prostate area than your butt cheeks.
I do not want to turn this in a medical thread but know that we have many members my age (63) or close and it is a mans problem when you get older.
To take care of all the wear of years of use I also asked if they could do an extension but no luck !!!
Houtman, have you heard of the Airhawk R?

http://www.airhawk.net/airhawk-r.aspx

Maybe it can help you going forward. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Great suggestion! I love mine; I just put it on last night getting ready to head to Daytona tomorrow. It makes it so much easier to ride for days at a time. And it has a minor side-benefit of giving you a bit under an inch of extra seat height, so the legs are a little straighter.
 
Spaceman, that sounds good. How's the hip?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Spaceman, that sounds good. How's the hip?
It's just amazing. I'm riding my bicycle daily, motorcycling is fun again, no horrid limp. Amazing.

Almost as amazing is Remecaide. I've had RA since my late 40's, and this stuff has knocked it back to almost nothing. I had my first dose last Friday and I feel as happy as a schoolgirl.

I can't wait to get to Daytona and do some new damage!
 
Great news, mate. I'll be looking forward to the damage report.
 
Houtman_imp said:
Thank you for the support and guys do not ignore difficult peeing !
The suggestion about the Airhawk was great and I never thought of putting this on my seat,I have one and did not use it !!!
Perhaps I also need a brain scan to see if there is any functional tissue left in my scull.
:rofl:
Glad you are keeping a good sense of humor out of this. I wish you a fast recovery, and remember "Patience is men greatest virtue". Not sure where I heard that one from.
 
Back
Top