I pulled the trigger today

tinboatcapt_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Yep. a new, old stock 2014 CB1100 standard. I have a couple of accessories that need to be ordered and installed, so delivery is slated for late next week. Now I have to wait. It will be a tough few days.

I was in a bind. I had three bikes and a sidecar rig, and no more room to park another bike. A few weeks ago I sold my 74 XL350 that I no longer use to navigate the infield of the raceway. I'm too old to be picking up riders when they 'screw the pooch'. Today I delivered my 86 Aspencade with a sidecar to the new owner. It was fun to see the young woman so excited with her new ride.

But not to worry. I have my ST1100 and my 81 CB650 to hold me over until I get the new ride.

Jim
 
Pics of young woman. I mean, the Aspencade :angel:
 
Congratulations, Jim. Welcome aboard, as it were. :beerchug:
 
Well alright! you are going to love the CB and the ST is a perfect garage mate IMO
 
Thread starter
Popgun, the censors intervened. ;) pictures of the Aspencade would be inappropriate.
Comanus, thanks for the welcome.
The Ferret, Yeah. I thought they would get along fine.
 
Thread starter
sourdough44_imp said:
Welcome. Yes, sounds like you have plenty of experience motorbiking.
I bought my first bike in June of 1966. It was a 200cc Suzuki two stroke. It was stolen with 25-30K miles on it. A basket case Triumph 500 Daytona. I resurrected it and traded for a 72 750 Suzuki GT750 'Water Buffalo' Rode the wheels off it and two BMW K100's before collecting the low miles ST1100 and collecting the other Honda's.

The CB is my first NEW bike since 1972. I think I earned it. That's over 300K miles of commuting, long distance touring, and a bit of road racing. (rented GS500)
Jim
 
Thread starter
Look for a report after the 16th. I plan a ride to a gathering that weekend. I expect it to be a 4-500 mile weekend. The meet is 150 from home, plus some Saturday riding with the group.
Jim
 
Back
Top