I love my Scooter!

quail_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Not in a position to afford a fleet of bikes, I have had to buy and sell my way to now owning 2 bikes. My 2013 Burgman 650, and the 2014 CB1100. When I purchased the Burgman I sold the Nomad and had to pick between it and the T100. Well since this thread is " I love my scooter" you can guess the choice. From day one I felt I had made a mistake. While the scoot did everything I asked it to it just was not a bike. One of the biggest problems I have on it is staying awake! It is way to comfortable. My wife and I can talk to one another up to 60 MPH. Your passenger has a seat so wide they can't fall off. It is so easy to ride/ get on and off/ put on the center stand, store and haul 3 cubic ft under the seat, etc. Even if you ride it so hard you need a rear tire in 3000 miles and a front in 5000. BUT it does not ride like a bike. So I buy the Honda, and suddenly the Burgman is a great bike. I now enjoy riding it equal to the CB1100. When other bikers attempt to repeal or reverse their "wave" when they see it is just a scooter I laugh because I discovered one of the best bikes ever made and it is in my garage. Thank you Honda for building a machine that is as true to my youthful memories as I want it to be, and for reminding me I love my scooter. When I dismount the Honda I always say " I love this bike" , and I think the Burgman does too.

For the record the Burgman does not like being called a scooter because the engine is frame mounted, so it is in fact a step through motorcycle. I just laugh and say po-ta-to po-tot-to. Mr. Scooter sir!
 
Great post, Quail. :thumbsup:
 
Friend of mine gave up motorcycles for scooters a while back and constantly raves about his Bergman.
Had the opportunity recently to ride with Ole on his Yamaha scooter during the CB rally in VA, let me tell you that fellow scoots on his!
Anybody too egotistical to wave just isn't enjoying riding.
 
quail_imp said:
Not in a position to afford a fleet of bikes, I have had to buy and sell my way to now owning 2 bikes. My 2013 Burgman 650, and the 2014 CB1100. When I purchased the Burgman I sold the Nomad and had to pick between it and the T100. Well since this thread is " I love my scooter" you can guess the choice. From day one I felt I had made a mistake. While the scoot did everything I asked it to it just was not a bike. One of the biggest problems I have on it is staying awake! It is way to comfortable. My wife and I can talk to one another up to 60 MPH. Your passenger has a seat so wide they can't fall off. It is so easy to ride/ get on and off/ put on the center stand, store and haul 3 cubic ft under the seat, etc. Even if you ride it so hard you need a rear tire in 3000 miles and a front in 5000. BUT it does not ride like a bike. So I buy the Honda, and suddenly the Burgman is a great bike. I now enjoy riding it equal to the CB1100. When other bikers attempt to repeal or reverse their "wave" when they see it is just a scooter I laugh because I discovered one of the best bikes ever made and it is in my garage. Thank you Honda for building a machine that is as true to my youthful memories as I want it to be, and for reminding me I love my scooter. When I dismount the Honda I always say " I love this bike" , and I think the Burgman does too.

For the record the Burgman does not like being called a scooter because the engine is frame mounted, so it is in fact a step through motorcycle. I just laugh and say po-ta-to po-tot-to. Mr. Scooter sir!
when the wifes not looking i nick her 200 burgman to run errands so easy to use
 
Thread starter
lol_imp said:
quail_imp said:
Not in a position to afford a fleet of bikes, I have had to buy and sell my way to now owning 2 bikes. My 2013 Burgman 650, and the 2014 CB1100. When I purchased the Burgman I sold the Nomad and had to pick between it and the T100. Well since this thread is " I love my scooter" you can guess the choice. From day one I felt I had made a mistake. While the scoot did everything I asked it to it just was not a bike. One of the biggest problems I have on it is staying awake! It is way to comfortable. My wife and I can talk to one another up to 60 MPH. Your passenger has a seat so wide they can't fall off. It is so easy to ride/ get on and off/ put on the center stand, store and haul 3 cubic ft under the seat, etc. Even if you ride it so hard you need a rear tire in 3000 miles and a front in 5000. BUT it does not ride like a bike. So I buy the Honda, and suddenly the Burgman is a great bike. I now enjoy riding it equal to the CB1100. When other bikers attempt to repeal or reverse their "wave" when they see it is just a scooter I laugh because I discovered one of the best bikes ever made and it is in my garage. Thank you Honda for building a machine that is as true to my youthful memories as I want it to be, and for reminding me I love my scooter. When I dismount the Honda I always say " I love this bike" , and I think the Burgman does too.

For the record the Burgman does not like being called a scooter because the engine is frame mounted, so it is in fact a step through motorcycle. I just laugh and say po-ta-to po-tot-to. Mr. Scooter sir!
when the wifes not looking i nick her 200 burgman to run errands so easy to use
when the wifes not looking i nick her 200 burgman to run errands so easy to use
That is how it starts. I used my wifes 250 scooter to run to the bank after dark. I became a "Closet Scooter Rider" Then the ease of it just made me pull up my panties and buy one of my own. :P
 
These modern, new-fangled scooters are a very long way from the trusty Honda C90 I owned back in the day.
 
Back
Top