I just can't do it ! Going to keep her !

Johnboy_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
As you'all know ,, I was going to sell my CB due to not being able to ride comfortably due to back issues . I bought a softtail Harley and it is more comfortable on long rides ...however , I love just darting around town for an hour or so on the CB .. I'm fine on short rides ... A man called me the other night wanting to buy the CB and I have never got so sick over something in my life !! I just cannot part with it ! He told me he would think it over and call me back the next day , however he never called back and even if he had , I've decided to keep her ! I know I would regret selling her for the rest of my life so she's staying in the stall with the Harley . I have bought some handle bar risers and am going to install them first chance I get ... The bikes got 810 miles on it now and I am going to put many more on her ... I feel so much better now ... It's ok to have 2 bikes guys ... My wife even told me to keep it ! She could see how sick I got over almost selling it .... Anyways ... If anyone else is having problems with their back or butt riding the CB on long distance ... I suggest you just buy another type bike ! But never , no never , not ever should you consider selling your CB .. It causes serious health problems even thinking about selling the CB ! :thanks:
 
It's always good to come across a wise man.
 
but.....how does the honda and the harley share the same living quarters in the same garage and still get along...or do they? time will tell, (just kiddin' around).......I just recently added a third bike to the garage stable .....
 
Glad you came to your senses...just be careful not to slip on the oil spot left behind by the Harley on your garage floor when mounting the CB! :excited:
 
I'd add some glucosamine / chondroitin and increase the pain meds then press on. Like they say, 'getting old(older) isn't for sissies'. I do like your plan though, take it one summer at a time.
 
That got me thinking. Think a doctor ( or in many of our cases, a psychiatrist) would write a prescription for a CB?
That way it could be a tax deduction, no?
Wonder if the tax code still lets you deduct stuff your doc prescribes for you ;)
 
I'm in sort of a similar situation except it bothers my hip. All it takes is 15 minutes, so it is really hard to justify keeping a bike that I can't ride very long. I already have a 2nd bike, so I fully support that lifestyle if it makes sense. I'm just running out of options.
 
I'm wrestling with these issues.

I'm getting restless. I do that...I love novelty. One bike that always caught my eye, for the styling and the Vee-engine, was the Suzi SV650.

I ask myself, whiskey-tango-foxtrot. The one I want was the early model...naked, with the exposed frame. But what I'd be buying is an old unit, with a water pump, a radiator, probably limited room...and I can't afford THREE motorcycle insurance policies.

I have two now. The Yamaha TW200...a definite keeper. Cheap and economical and comical. An Apocalypse Ride.

And the CB. BOTH, air-cooled. I SHOULD be thinking of the advantage of no radiator and no water pumps...instead, I think of the hassle of shutting down at our long stoplights. WRONG...but the human lust is never rational.

Relax. I won't sell the CB. I financed it and I owe too much; and there's no REAL reason to so do. It's coming together, actually. But...I yam what I yam. I get restless.
 
When I first bought my 2013 CB, I wasn't happy either because my back hurt like #%^* every time I rode it. I too never had that problem on my Harley and thought it might be the tighter seating position on the CB. So I decided to put a windscreen on the bike, a National Cycle Deflector screen. Hardly big enough to take away from the lines of the bike, but clearly big enough to reduce the wind pressure. Best farkle I ever put on the bike because it worked. I'd think about that if you currently ride without one.
 
Johnboy, hear where you are coming from.

Great to hear you have found a more comfortable ride and it's wonderful that your wife understands and told you to keep the CB1100, sweet.


Regards
 
Headbanger02_imp said:
but.....how does the honda and the harley share the same living quarters in the same garage and still get along...or do they? time will tell, (just kiddin' around).......I just recently added a third bike to the garage stable .....
More information and photos please.
 
JustPassinThru_imp said:
I'm wrestling with these issues.

I'm getting restless. I do that...I love novelty. One bike that always caught my eye, for the styling and the Vee-engine, was the Suzi SV650.

I ask myself, whiskey-tango-foxtrot. The one I want was the early model...naked, with the exposed frame. But what I'd be buying is an old unit, with a water pump, a radiator, probably limited room...and I can't afford THREE motorcycle insurance policies.

I have two now. The Yamaha TW200...a definite keeper. Cheap and economical and comical. An Apocalypse Ride.

And the CB. BOTH, air-cooled. I SHOULD be thinking of the advantage of no radiator and no water pumps...instead, I think of the hassle of shutting down at our long stoplights. WRONG...but the human lust is never rational.

Relax. I won't sell the CB. I financed it and I owe too much; and there's no REAL reason to so do. It's coming together, actually. But...I yam what I yam. I get restless.
What? Don't you want to be able to outrun a herd of zombies?
 
the_undecider_imp said:
JustPassinThru_imp said:
I'm wrestling with these issues.

I'm getting restless. I do that...I love novelty. One bike that always caught my eye, for the styling and the Vee-engine, was the Suzi SV650.

I ask myself, whiskey-tango-foxtrot. The one I want was the early model...naked, with the exposed frame. But what I'd be buying is an old unit, with a water pump, a radiator, probably limited room...and I can't afford THREE motorcycle insurance policies.

I have two now. The Yamaha TW200...a definite keeper. Cheap and economical and comical. An Apocalypse Ride.

And the CB. BOTH, air-cooled. I SHOULD be thinking of the advantage of no radiator and no water pumps...instead, I think of the hassle of shutting down at our long stoplights. WRONG...but the human lust is never rational.

Relax. I won't sell the CB. I financed it and I owe too much; and there's no REAL reason to so do. It's coming together, actually. But...I yam what I yam. I get restless.
What? Don't you want to be able to outrun a herd of zombies?
What? Don't you want to be able to outrun a herd of zombies?
Speed trials...can have their own problems. Crap in the road. Plus, the gas pumps won't be taking my MasterCard.

I figure the winning plan will be to go where Zombiemobiles won't/can't go; and outrun them on fuel usage. A Zombiemobile will get between 15 and 25 miles a gallon. I can get three times that with a little bike.

And zombies won't be able to pump gas, either. Stealing/siphoning takes time. I can get a gallon quicker than they can get ten.
 
Thread starter
Lol,.... What a great group of guys ! Best support group I've ever had ! We've went from multiple bikes in the stable to the Zombie apocalypse! Guess I better go ahead and plan on getting a KLR for that ... Which will be the third bike in the stall ! Lol .... Or maybe that little Honda 200 enduro :banana::biker:
 
the_undecider_imp said:
JustPassinThru_imp said:
I'm wrestling with these issues.

I'm getting restless. I do that...I love novelty. One bike that always caught my eye, for the styling and the Vee-engine, was the Suzi SV650.

I ask myself, whiskey-tango-foxtrot. The one I want was the early model...naked, with the exposed frame. But what I'd be buying is an old unit, with a water pump, a radiator, probably limited room...and I can't afford THREE motorcycle insurance policies.

I have two now. The Yamaha TW200...a definite keeper. Cheap and economical and comical. An Apocalypse Ride.

And the CB. BOTH, air-cooled. I SHOULD be thinking of the advantage of no radiator and no water pumps...instead, I think of the hassle of shutting down at our long stoplights. WRONG...but the human lust is never rational.

Relax. I won't sell the CB. I financed it and I owe too much; and there's no REAL reason to so do. It's coming together, actually. But...I yam what I yam. I get restless.
What? Don't you want to be able to outrun a herd of zombies?
What? Don't you want to be able to outrun a herd of zombies?

 
Back
Top