I inch riser

Mscb1100_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I just added some 1 inch risers and it made a great improvement.
Thanks to ca200 for a good deal on pair he didn't need.
The extra inch up and a slight tilt back on the bars takes some weight off my hands and shoulders and makes the ride more pleasant.
 
Mscb1100_imp said:
I just added some 1 inch risers and it made a great improvement.
Thanks to ca200 for a good deal on pair he didn't need.
The extra inch up and a slight tilt back on the bars takes some weight off my hands and shoulders and makes the ride more pleasant.
Did you have to change the stock cables or were they long enough?
 
Mscb1100: what is your model? I plan to raise my RS handle bar a bit up but wonder if the stock cables are enough.
 
Thread starter
Scooter12_imp said:
I used these Genmars on my 2014 STD and they worked fine.
genmarmfg.com
The relieved the pressure on my hands, much more comfortable.
Scooter, did you have to make any modifications regarding moving brake/clutch or throttle lines.
Do you still have full lock to lock turning with these.
If so I will order a pair today as mine just raised it a inch,
I clicked on the link and they look like they are up and back 1 inch
thnks
David Mscb1100
 
No mods for me. The cables and brake/clutch hoses are just long enough. I thought at first that the brake hose was too short, but it's not under any tension, just maximum reach. Any more rise or setback and it would not have worked. They are up 25mm and back 35mm, so 1 inch up and 1 3/8 inch back. Yes, full lock to lock travel, scares me every time the horn button hits my tank bag.
 
Thread starter
will866_imp said:
My 2" Rox risers wourked great without modification to cables. 2014 Deluxe.
Thanks for the feedback
Do you still lock to lock turning.?
.Did you have to route any cables or hose behind the top tree clamp?

Does anyone know of any differences between a standard 14 and deluxe in regards to cable lengths
 
Mscb1100_imp said:
will866_imp said:
My 2" Rox risers wourked great without modification to cables. 2014 Deluxe.
Thanks for the feedback
Do you still lock to lock turning.?
.Did you have to route any cables or hose behind the top tree clamp?

Does anyone know of any differences between a standard 14 and deluxe in regards to cable lengths
Thanks for the feedback
Do you still lock to lock turning.?
.Did you have to route any cables or hose behind the top tree clamp?

Does anyone know of any differences between a standard 14 and deluxe in regards to cable lengths
I did not have to modify the cables in any way. They are taut but dont effect turning. Not sure i understand the lock to lock question.
 
Thread starter
will866_imp said:
Mscb1100_imp said:
will866_imp said:
My 2" Rox risers wourked great without modification to cables. 2014 Deluxe.
Thanks for the feedback
Do you still lock to lock turning.?
.Did you have to route any cables or hose behind the top tree clamp?

Does anyone know of any differences between a standard 14 and deluxe in regards to cable lengths
Thanks for the feedback
Do you still lock to lock turning.?
.Did you have to route any cables or hose behind the top tree clamp?

Does anyone know of any differences between a standard 14 and deluxe in regards to cable lengths
I did not have to modify the cables in any way. They are taut but dont effect turning. Not sure i understand the lock to lock question.
Thanks for the feedback
Do you still lock to lock turning.?
.Did you have to route any cables or hose behind the top tree clamp?

Does anyone know of any differences between a standard 14 and deluxe in regards to cable lengths

lock to lock was a reference from full left to full right, bikes have stops on the steering head to stop travel of handlebars/forks

I did not have to modify the cables in any way. They are taut but dont effect turning. Not sure i understand the lock to lock question.
 
Back
Top