I got booted out of Twisted Throttle

Mate, just love it. When are you going to buy? I thought I might just be the world champion tyre kicker, but now I'm not so sure.

Cheers.
 
How did the Shuberth fit? Did you compare the fit with a Nolan?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Booted you out a half hour after closing? The nerve!
 
My C3 sits too low on my forehead for my enjoyment. Other than that I like the helmet.


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
 
Thread starter
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Mate, just love it. When are you going to buy? I thought I might just be the world champion tyre kicker, but now I'm not so sure.

Cheers.
I kicked tyres on BMW's and KTM's yesterday. I felt like Goldilocks. This one is too tall, this has me leaning too far forward, this one is heavier than I want, then I sat on a 15 BMW R1200GS and the ergos were perfect.....but it has a beak. I don't care for beaks (and the price brought on a coughing spasm).
redbirds_imp said:
How did the Shuberth fit? Did you compare the fit with a Nolan?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Booted you out a half hour after closing? The nerve!
I have yet to find a Nolan in real time. The Shubert XXL fit me nice, but the salesman said it was too loose in the cheeks. I also tried the Arai Signet Q (long oval, vs the RX Q which is more neutral) The XL was the perfect shape, but a little snug for my comfort and the XXL was just too big.
 
Not quite an Iron Pony store, but still nice for an acc outlet. Schuberths don't fit me worth a hoot. Most uncomfortable helmet I've ever tried on. Then again I have an HJC head so that may be telling lol
 
Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
My C3 sits too low on my forehead for my enjoyment. Other than that I like the helmet.


2014 CB1100 DLX
2013 CB1100 Std
1990 BMW K75 RT
Yup, I noticed that right off the bat. Not that I really need to be looking up a lot, but it seemed distracting. Any forward lean while riding would make it worse. I pointed it out to the salesman and he blamed it on the overall thickness due to the retractable visor and the company's reluctance to weaken the front by removing material.
The ferret_imp said:
Not quite an Iron Pony store, but still nice for an acc outlet. Schuberths don't fit me worth a hoot. Most uncomfortable helmet I've ever tried on. Then again I have an HJC head so that may be telling lol
I sooo wish HJC helmets fit, mainly because I have 2, but they bite my forehead after a half hour. The best fitting helmet I have is the Vega Summit II. Most comfortable helmet I have had, but its junk. The shield popped on one side while ridding last summer and one day I noticed the screw on one side of the flip-up was nearly all the way backed out.
 
Nicely executed, Chapomis. :thumbsup:

I've written to Twisted Throttle with a strongly-worded demand for improved customer service.

Half and hour after closing time indeed. Did they offer you a drink?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Nicely executed, Chapomis. :thumbsup:

I've written to Twisted Throttle with a strongly-worded demand for improved customer service.

Half and hour after closing time indeed. Did they offer you a drink?
Funny you ask, as they had a bar and a lounge area in the store, but alas, no happy hour.
 
Google shows it as Exeter, RI.
 
Back
Top