GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
We live in a Golden Age - if you can believe that. The Western world can get anything, especially the U.S. We should pause and consider how lucky we are.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
AMENGoldOxide_imp said:We live in a Golden Age - if you can believe that. The Western world can get anything, especially the U.S. We should pause and consider how lucky we are.
You are right on with your statement !GoldOxide_imp said:We live in a Golden Age - if you can believe that. The Western world can get anything, especially the U.S. We should pause and consider how lucky we are.
AMENzoogie_imp said:AMENGoldOxide_imp said:We live in a Golden Age - if you can believe that. The Western world can get anything, especially the U.S. We should pause and consider how lucky we are.
GoldOxide. Great minds....Joash_imp said:I think we are very lucky to be able to own and enjoy such incredibly different motorcycling experiences. The RE literally transports one to the mid 50's. Blows my mind how cool it is to be alive today. :biker::biker:
It's all about what gives you the most smiles per hour.
You want character? Get one of the earlier models that didn't have EFI or electronic ignition. They packed quite a bit of character into the carb, points and condenser.4 Paws_imp said:Royal Enfield has character, and then some. Fun choice.
Coleman’s is an “online” Army Navy store that might have some classic gear for you.Store local to me has some Royal Mail bags that might make neat panniers.


AMENParis_imp said:AMENzoogie_imp said:AMENGoldOxide_imp said:We live in a Golden Age - if you can believe that. The Western world can get anything, especially the U.S. We should pause and consider how lucky we are.
AMEN, brother (X2)

Lol. I like your analogies.Paris_imp said:I have had 3 ZRXs over the years. An 1100 and two 1200s. In fact, I am member #23 on the ZRXOA forum, so I started with them at the beginning. Although they are cool bikes, my 2017 CB1100 EX is a better bike in a lot of respects, and i would not trade it on any ZRX. Since the OP has an EX, I understand his willingness to let his ZRX go and to move to a different experience with the Royal Enfield. A RE is a very attractive bike to me, both as far as its classic styling, but also as a mellow thumper.apex1_imp said:I have had 3 ZRXs over the years. An 1100 and two 1200s. In fact, I am member #23 on the ZRXOA forum, so I started with them at the beginning. Although they are cool bikes, my 2017 CB1100 EX is a better bike in a lot of respects, and i would not trade it on any ZRX. Since the OP has an EX, I understand his willingness to let his ZRX go and to move to a different experience with the Royal Enfield. A RE is a very attractive bike to me, both as far as its classic styling, but also as a mellow thumper.The ferret_imp said:wow ... wait .... you traded in a ZRX (Highly sought after liter bike with quite a following) for a Royal Enfield 500 single. It'll take me a minute to absorb that. Maybe more than a minute lol
Yes, I agree the CB1100 is a keeper. I would have kept the ZRX too if not for the frustration over its carbs I expressed above. It even had sentimental value, since I bought it with some little money my mother left me. Thanks, mom!
But the Kawasakis and Hondas are, to me, totally different experiences. They may share some of the same specs, bike for bike, but it doesn’t matter. The ZRX and the GPz are like tequila and mescal, while the Honda CB 1100 is a fine Bombay gin. You would never confuse the two, although they might be the same proof. I only hope the Royal Enfield doesn’t turn out to be Pruno, that stuff they brew in prison toilets - just kidding.

I speculate many here at the Forum are right along with ya.Wisedrum_imp said:I like the gone by sixties and seventies, which I was part of. But I live now and enjoy it with my kind of "living in the past", riding retro bikes....
Wisedrum
I speculate many here at the Forum are right along with ya. I am one of them !GoldOxide_imp said:I speculate many here at the Forum are right along with ya.Wisedrum_imp said:I like the gone by sixties and seventies, which I was part of. But I live now and enjoy it with my kind of "living in the past", riding retro bikes....
Wisedrum