I Bought a Royal Enfield

We live in a Golden Age - if you can believe that. The Western world can get anything, especially the U.S. We should pause and consider how lucky we are.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
We live in a Golden Age - if you can believe that. The Western world can get anything, especially the U.S. We should pause and consider how lucky we are.
You are right on with your statement !
 
Ha! I posted this exactly 4 minutes before your post :) GoldOxide. Great minds....
seriously, I do agree that it is a golden age in terms of sheer choice.
Completely manual, cabled, and carbureted single cylinder, to self leveling, e-bikes, all produced today.

Joash_imp said:
I think we are very lucky to be able to own and enjoy such incredibly different motorcycling experiences. The RE literally transports one to the mid 50's. Blows my mind how cool it is to be alive today. :biker::biker:
It's all about what gives you the most smiles per hour.
 
4 Paws_imp said:
Royal Enfield has character, and then some. Fun choice.
Coleman’s is an “online” Army Navy store that might have some classic gear for you.Store local to me has some Royal Mail bags that might make neat panniers.
You want character? Get one of the earlier models that didn't have EFI or electronic ignition. They packed quite a bit of character into the carb, points and condenser. :D

A young neighbor bought one of these a few years back. I felt like a history professor explaining how his bike worked. :D :D
 
Glimmer and glance during the Christmas season.
The Bullet right among it today on 2. advent.



Wisedrum
 
Paris_imp said:
apex1_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
wow ... wait .... you traded in a ZRX (Highly sought after liter bike with quite a following) for a Royal Enfield 500 single. It'll take me a minute to absorb that. Maybe more than a minute lol
I have had 3 ZRXs over the years. An 1100 and two 1200s. In fact, I am member #23 on the ZRXOA forum, so I started with them at the beginning. Although they are cool bikes, my 2017 CB1100 EX is a better bike in a lot of respects, and i would not trade it on any ZRX. Since the OP has an EX, I understand his willingness to let his ZRX go and to move to a different experience with the Royal Enfield. A RE is a very attractive bike to me, both as far as its classic styling, but also as a mellow thumper.
I have had 3 ZRXs over the years. An 1100 and two 1200s. In fact, I am member #23 on the ZRXOA forum, so I started with them at the beginning. Although they are cool bikes, my 2017 CB1100 EX is a better bike in a lot of respects, and i would not trade it on any ZRX. Since the OP has an EX, I understand his willingness to let his ZRX go and to move to a different experience with the Royal Enfield. A RE is a very attractive bike to me, both as far as its classic styling, but also as a mellow thumper.
Yes, I agree the CB1100 is a keeper. I would have kept the ZRX too if not for the frustration over its carbs I expressed above. It even had sentimental value, since I bought it with some little money my mother left me. Thanks, mom!

But the Kawasakis and Hondas are, to me, totally different experiences. They may share some of the same specs, bike for bike, but it doesn’t matter. The ZRX and the GPz are like tequila and mescal, while the Honda CB 1100 is a fine Bombay gin. You would never confuse the two, although they might be the same proof. I only hope the Royal Enfield doesn’t turn out to be Pruno, that stuff they brew in prison toilets - just kidding.
Lol. I like your analogies. :D
 
After having shot the photo I was also tempted to alter it with a photo editor. Something like this.



Somehow funny.

But then I decided to leave it as it is. Not altered. Looks best. Thanks for your variation.

Wisedrum
 
Nice shot Wisedrum!
 
Cool Wisedrum. That pic could have been taken in 1960. I like it
 
I like the gone by sixties and seventies, which I was part of. But I live now and enjoy it with my kind of "living in the past", riding retro bikes....

Wisedrum
 
Wisedrum_imp said:
I like the gone by sixties and seventies, which I was part of. But I live now and enjoy it with my kind of "living in the past", riding retro bikes....

Wisedrum
I speculate many here at the Forum are right along with ya.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Wisedrum_imp said:
I like the gone by sixties and seventies, which I was part of. But I live now and enjoy it with my kind of "living in the past", riding retro bikes....

Wisedrum
I speculate many here at the Forum are right along with ya.
I speculate many here at the Forum are right along with ya. I am one of them !
 
Feel it Still by Portugal, The Man.
 
The new Royal Enfield 650 Twin is going to be available near me soon, and by near, I mean, a hundred or so miles east, in Albany. I would post a shot from the post I read, but it's easy enough to look up. Royal Enfield of Albany says they will soon have stock of their newest addition to the lineup. Of particular interest is the side profile, while being tighter and more sparse than the CB1100, looks to carry the retro torch pretty well. I seem to recall that the early CBs mimicked the British bikes so well, and buried them in price and reliability. Well, here we go again, maybe.
 
Back
Top