I Am Vultus!

For Pete's sake Honda :huh:
 
The front view looks like a transformer of some kind...and the last pic reminds me of a recumbent bicycle. One must wonder if there was a focus group somewhere that said "OH YEA, THATS COOL..BUILD THAT ! "
 
Wonder if it comes in red
6f4138f5fa502dc0b0d9f4977624d73a.jpg
 
I'm going to go against the grain a bit and say I actually sort of like it. Looks better than CTX bikes Honda released recently, although I guess that's not saying much. With the saddlebags, I could see it being an interesting ride. I wonder how much it will cost.
 
Thread starter
Jimi, different strokes, I'm sure it will appeal to some, and give Honda credit for throwing a lot of spaghetti against the wall to see what sticks. This is the 5th bike built off the same platform so I guess they'll keep trying. The CTX 1300 has grown a bit on me. But not that much!
 
Owning an ST 1300.. I'm betting the CTX 1300 is going to be a hoot to ride. That is a great powerplant.
 
Thread starter
Yes, except it's tuned down to something like 75 bhp in the CTX, with a 7k redline. I'm sure it's a torque monster but Honda seems to be aiming at fuel efficiency and short shifting style in their new stuff.
 
Really? Oh that isn't good. 75 horses is really hamstringing that motor.
 
From the Honda press release : "The young social media-engaged urbanite lives a digital existence in a fast moving world. And they’re totally engaged by the new."

I wasn't aware the the "young social media-engaged urbanite" demographic were also motorcycle riders. I think this one is going the way of the DN-01. It's definitely not aimed at my demographic.
 
IMO, its just a slightly more stylized version of several of the bikes Honda had at Daytona. Same "bulldog" profile with all the bulk forward, same blocky curves shaping the bodywork, same plastic panels covering the hardware and engineering.

Obviously nobody here is likely to want one, by definition we're a bunch of retro-seeking reactionaries.
 
I'd have to sit on it. But I really like the potential of the back rest. Raise the windscreen a bit and I bet it could be a long haul tourer.

75hp, for the bikes intended purpose, is plenty.

Now if they came out with an GB650 (using the current 650L motor) they would have a machine more to my liking (please, no clip ons, I don't fold up like that anymore - well I can, just not for hours on end).

But Honda is feeling their oats if they can bring that bike to production at the same time they are doing the CB1100. Did they mention a price? I didn't catch it (a quick read so I may have missed it). The DN1 was a nice machine way over priced.
 
Back
Top