I also own a 1988 Honda Hawk GT

Guth_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
The Hawk is an awesome bike.

ad5943dbebc5d4231f83abefe34b168d.jpg
 
22e47c3aa34b28fe7201c3c536e2a3b7.jpg


Formerly belonged to Rapid Dog and Mtnman. Getting more upgrades/maintenance/repairs now, should be riding her in a couple more weeks. Glad to have the CB also, of course.

Picture credit: Rapid Dog
 
Nice bikes guys.

Love the looks of the old Beemer with the Krausers.
 
Great Bikes, there

I restored and sold the '71 SL350K1 earlier this year ...bring back any memories?
Cleaned, fully optioned up, and sold the low mileage (3,800) "garage find" 92 Nighthawk, also.
I restore small CT70s for the grandkids.

I will be getting a CB1100.
 
RajunCajun_imp said:
Great Bikes, there

I restored and sold the '71 SL350K1 earlier this year ...bring back any memories?
Cleaned, fully optioned up, and sold the low mileage (3,800) "garage find" 92 Nighthawk, also.
I restore small CT70s for the grandkids.

I will be getting a CB1100.
Nice! I'd like to get one of the CT70s one day. There's a guy near me who does nice restos on them and sells them for around $1500.
 
Thanks Scoobynut, $1500 is about right for a good resto. Watch the Craigslist in your area and they come available and parts. Fun to restore.
 
I restored this 68 Mini Trail Z50 K0 about 3 years ago. This is the very same bike I rode when I was 12 years old. My dad bought the bike new for my older brother in 1968. Get it out every couple of months and ride it up and down the street. My neighbors think I am crazy and I do look huge on the bike but it is still fun as hell. Sure brings back memories.

 
SUPERCRUZ_imp said:
I restored this 68 Mini Trail Z50 K0 about 3 years ago. This is the very same bike I rode when I was 12 years old. My dad bought the bike new for my older brother in 1968. Get it out every couple of months and ride it up and down the street. My neighbors think I am crazy and I do look huge on the bike but it is still fun as hell. Sure brings back memories.



Condition! condition, condition!
From 1988 thru 1993 Everytime I bought a bike R 4 Wheeler at the Honda shop I would look at the red NT650 Hawk GT & GB500 on the floor. I came so close many times to buying one R D other. I beleive the price dropped to $2800 for 1 R D other?
Then they were finally bought by another larger Honda dealer. All the colors werenice to look at. Red was the color of the bike @ The local Honda dealer. The silver is nice as well as the blue. Man imagine a blacked out Hawk GT with Gloss Metallic paint.
 
jamboa_imp said:

Nope, it was a shorty style muffler on the side opposite to where the Two Bros now resides and it had plenty of clearance. Both (used) Hawks came with the Two Bros exhausts -- they're a nice, full system that were very expensive back in the day. I used to own yet another Hawk many years ago with a stock muffler and it was barely audible, but the worst part about the stock system is that it really chokes the exhaust flow and creates a huge flat spot in the low and mid rpms, all due to emissions tuning I suppose. A Two Bros and a jet kit really wakes these bikes up.

I still have two full OEM Hawk exhaust systems in storage, both in perfect condition. Not sure why, but I feel the need to hang onto them. Maybe they'll be worth a fair amount when these bikes go from semi-collectible to full collectible status...
 
Those Hawk GTs are wunnerful. If there had been a good example handy when I started back into riding in '09, I'd have gotten one. The VFR was the next step up but I also like the naked bikes like the Hawk GT.
 
Back
Top