I added some hand guards

pwh421_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I installed the TMS Black Dual Sport Dirt Bike ATV MX Motocross Enduro Aluminum Inside Hand Brush Guards on my CB today.

I did two things I am not sure about..

1. I attached them to the outside of the bar weights. The bar weight bolt was the right size, and so I went for it. Come to think of it the wind guards on my BMW R1150R were also outside the weights. So, unless someone can tell me why it's a bad idea I'll leave it that way. To be clear the application here is for wind (cold) reduction and cosmetics..

2. I buzzed off the lever balls before I found out the guards would fit over the end weights, so it wasn't necessary.

The process was easy anything might be.. Philips head screw driver and some allen wrenches.

Anyway..

1. Here is the new guard
d8e1ef088652e8e1a40619974e0bf612.jpg


2. The parts
b53858dfc4afaddd414922330ae475ef.jpg

38e6905e58a51b58732140cb49f0ac2f.jpg


3. Here are the things installed..
8a90cac9a964b41d6eed7c7d7e35546e.jpg

34a12505a2ade92a234a106d4de79e38.jpg

2a71a5730d4d79373f1f2b5ef5af8e39.jpg

340e0ff02517db7499066e8c8f1963b0.jpg




finally here is the bike I am emulating..
2004 BMW R1150R
cbec21fbf3fc021556c5a05bf8722535.jpg
 
Ouch, rletectomy.
 
Well, you can always replace the lever. The BMW hand guards look like good hand protection for cold weather riding however, the ones you added to the CB don't look like they will. Perhaps the pictures are misleading?
 
Thread starter
curlyjoe_imp said:
Well, you can always replace the lever. The BMW hand guards look like good hand protection for cold weather riding however, the ones you added to the CB don't look like they will. Perhaps the pictures are misleading?
They are right in front of the grips and have enough surface area to block the wind over my hands.. Like my small windscreen they aren't a total block but just enough to keep direct flow off my cold old man hands. Or so my test last night told me.

-Peter
 
Thread starter
Upon reflection I may need to add some addition plastic across the tops of the guards..

Or I'll need to remove the bar weights and move the guard in tighter..

Hmm..
 
Back
Top