Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I used Hyperpro progressive springs in my '89 Hawk and the ride improved considerably. Best mod ever... Didn't get one for the CB though(yet!)...HBFL_imp said:Any feedback from users before I purchase?
I running max front preload, the compliance is fine but front end dive on braking remains excessive to me.
Thanks.
The Race Tech springs part number is FRSP S3534lash_imp said:What is the part number for the racetech fork springs? Where to buy? I have the Canadian version 2014 cb1100a which is a bit of a cross between the US standard and deluxe.
I'm guessing the addition of ABS to the Standard, which is not available in the US with ABS makes it sort of an in-betweener.Cormanus_imp said:lash, could you please explain how your 2104 CB1100 is "a bit of a cross between the US standard and deluxe"? I thought it was a standard in a different colour?

Thanks, I didn't have my manual in easy reach. I was expecting lighter viscosity, but honestly had no clue.Lord Popgun_imp said:In the 2013 service manual on page 1-7 it says use Pro Honda Suspension Fluid SS-8 (10W) or equivalent.
the_undecider,the_undecider_imp said:I am finding that the stock springs are plenty stiff. I have even backed off the preload from the factory setting since I find it turns in quicker and tracks better through corners. I'm no lightweight at 230 lbs. For me, I am seeing a slight lack of rebound and compression damping. I really feel it now with some miles under my belt on the Ikon rear shocks. The factory settings are well matched, but tuned with a bias toward comfort.
I have been meaning to research what the standard fork oil viscosity is and playing around with that. I just haven't remembered to see if that info is in the service manual. Most likely, it'll be 5 wt oil, so bumping it up to 7.5 might settle the front end and reduce brake dive without adversely affecting small bump compliance.
I'm guessing the addition of ABS to the Standard, which is not available in the US with ABS makes it sort of an in-betweener.Cormanus_imp said:lash, could you please explain how your 2104 CB1100 is "a bit of a cross between the US standard and deluxe"? I thought it was a standard in a different colour?
I think it should be called the CB1100Eh in the Canadian market.![]()