Hurricane Irma

hb9400_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Hopefully anyone in the path of this monster has taken the needed steps to either leave or brace themselves for what's coming. These are #1 on the short list of things I don't miss about living in Miami.
 
Folks live on the Space Coast and are coming in to stay with the wife and I in Orlando. Working from home Friday and Monday (if there's power). Hopefully the storm stays east, but we'll see. Probably a lot of wind and rain in Orlando, but nothing destructive. Folks might have severe damage but their house is all buttoned up for now.
 
I spent part of my youth living in Ft Pierce on the east coast. How well I remember boarding up the windows, hunkering down and waiting for hurricanes to pass. Yea I don't miss that either.

Hope all of our Fla forum members stay safe!
 
Thread starter
Have friends, relatives all over the state, it's a double edged sword, high winds and fast moving means it will traverse the state in a day but it will also bring major destruction. Let's hope for the best.
 
May everyone get through it safely.
 
I went through Andrew living in Miami, and Sandy here on the Jersey Shore. Hurricanes of that scope are brutal, and I'm still scarred. My son is a student at U Miami, and has driven up to Orlando to stay at friends house. Which should be better, but still potentially messy. This is going to be an epic storm.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
been thinking about "motogiezer" down in winter park and hoping he has little or no damage .
I will be fine but still carry on with our Hurricane tradition which is party , drink and watch Key Largo again :beerchug:
 
Best wishes to all our Florida members. Stay safe.
 
My wife and I have evacuated to our home in N. Georgia. Unfortunately, we had to leave behind our condo on Sunset Beach and my 2014 CB1100 DLX. It is in my 'garage' in Florida which in actuality is a storage unit in Seminole. I clearly hope that our possessions weather this storm but I'm more worried for the people that stayed behind. I run most of the Dillard's stores in Florida and this is an unprecedented event. This will be the first time we've ever closed all of these stores at once. And for now... who even cares. We can re-build stores, homes, and motorcycles... but the sheer panic associated with this life changing event will stay with all of us for the rest of our lives. Please pray for everyone in the path of this storm.
 
Hang in there r4n... like you said possessions can be replaced. Lives cannot. Glad you had someplace to escape to.
 
Glad to hear you and your good lady wife are safe, Gene. Our thoughts are with those not lucky enough to escape or evacuate.

I just read the storm has diminished in intensity, but I'm sure it will still be tough.

It's a difficult time in the Americas and the Caribbean, and the recovery will be a great deal longer and more difficult.

Our thoughts are with you all.
 
My thoughts and prayers go out to all affected by this and the storm that hit Texas!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
 
Checking in here. All good in Orlando, had a couple days without power but that was the worst of it. Lots of trees down, but no damage to the homestead as far as I can tell.
 
That's good news John.

I have been riding in it's remnants the last 2 days (*2 free bike washes)
 
Back
Top