How's this for a hit and run..California style

Thread starter
it's real...California Highway Patrol said rider was not seriously hurt.
 
Not a stolen van. Driver caught when he tried to file a police report that the van was stolen. Not everyone is an illegal here.
 
That area of the 91 where the rider was hit is east of me, and I freaking hate driving that section of the freeway. There’s a big interchange that is perpetually under construction where they said he was hit and everyone drives crazy. What a weird story. Glad the rider will be ok.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
The sequel,
Incredible that the rider was knocked off the bike while going 65 mph, landed in the middle of the freeway and survived without any serious injuries.

I loved it after watching the video he said ..... my poor bike will never be ok again (to paraphrase). Must have loved that Honda lol.

Glad they caught the van driver
 
No judgement, but bike had stunt cages on it, so rider may have been doing wheelie or stoppie. I've come across them on the freeway going 20 mph slower than traffic. Two people know for sure, and I doubt we'll ever know the truth.
 
Really glad to hear an arrest was made on this case. The first time I saw the video, the news reporter said "an arrest was never made".....so I didn't know any further details as to when this happened. There's literally a camera almost everywhere these days!
 
SoCal is nuts ... says me (been here since 1956). Have to drive at least 500 miles from San Diego, in any direction, to really enjoy the ride. Wishing you all Safe Rides:)
 
Back
Top