Howdy! Checking in from the old forum

misterprofessionality

Road warrior
Thread starter
Everybody knows me, so not much to say  :cool:

I'm the owner of a 2014 CB1100, a 2024 Triumph Thruxton RS, and a 2021 Honda Trail 125. But when I die you're gonna have to bury me with my CB, and you better change the oil before you do because I'm still gonna be riding it. 

Currently organizing the upcoming 2025 CB1100 Rally in Kingsport TN....should I repost all that info over here? Say the word boss.  

Oh, and by the way, RDP if you're the new Admin you have an obligation to show up in August...jussayin :P
 
...i'll take to my grave not just my CB, but also all things to maintain it.... all specs and service manual already in my brain :D :P
 
misterprofessionality said:
Everybody knows me, so not much to say  :cool:

I'm the owner of a 2014 CB1100, a 2024 Triumph Thruxton RS, and a 2021 Honda Trail 125. But when I die you're gonna have to bury me with my CB, and you better change the oil before you do because I'm still gonna be riding it. 

Currently organizing the upcoming 2025 CB1100 Rally in Kingsport TN....should I repost all that info over here? Say the word boss.  

Oh, and by the way, RDP if you're the new Admin you have an obligation to show up in August...jussayin :P


I would love it if I could. Sadly, I suspect I will be chained to a desk blocking and copying the greatest hits of the “old” Forum and creating new threads in the “new” Forum. I hope the following year I can attend. I also hope to sponsor at least a dinner in the East Bay. I would love to see at least one more CB110 parked next to mine.  :) More to follow on that plan if I can get something pulled together that everyone likes!
 
Thread starter
Ooooh right I forgot, you're in California. Nah I wouldn't put the east Coast rally on your shoulders from that far away. I ain't that cruel.

But, a little forum history lesson: back in the day, pre pandemic, they used to hold West Coast rallies too. I think there were 2 or 3 of them. Ferret can tell you more.
 
Howdy! Thanks for the effort to set this up! Will be checking in often :)
 
I’m here too :)

How come I have a Warning Level under my join date. Nobody else does.

Am I on double secret probation?
 
Look again, milord. Others have the same. Even moi!
 
My post is the first one I made here. I don’t see it on anyone else’s here. So just wondering.

I see you got a Promotion—SUPER Moderator!

Free free to raid the wine cellar ;)
 
Thank you, milord. I have a warning level under my joining date on the right of the header. So do others on this page.
 
Cormanus,

For some reason I am not seeing them. Might be Mods can see them all but members can only see theirs. That would make sense to me. Save on embarrassment, etc.
 
I will dial in the distracting warnings after I finish the reverse engineering of the theme and get a proper CB1100 Header and color scheme in place. All of you are my heroes. You should feel much love. As for Cormanus, he earned the designation I gave him, which will also be awarded to The Ferret if he joins this test crew.
 
Lord Popgun said:
Cormanus,

For some reason I am not seeing them.  Might be Mods can see them all but members can only see theirs.  That would make sense to me.  Save on embarrassment, etc.

That would make sense to me as well. If it's any comfort, we all have them; you've not been singled out.
 
Checking in. Glad to see this up and running. It might be nice to copy and paste some of the technical posts from the old forum in the event the hosting just expires one day and all that data is lost. Does anyone with lots of stars have any suggestions or feedback on that matter?
 
Whoops said:
Checking in. Glad to see this up and running. It might be nice to copy and paste some of the technical posts from the old forum in the event the hosting just expires one day and all that data is lost. Does anyone with lots of stars have any suggestions or feedback on that matter?

Let me move this site from Alpha to Beta and hopefully to Production. After that, we need our Moderators and the Members to commit to this platform or select another. Assuming this is the place, I will work on developing  a script that will move threads for us by logging into the old site, downloading the thread, and uploading it to the new site. Without an admin login and the current stability of the original site, it may not be possible., 

The alternative is to move things manually, like I did with my prior posts. Although that process is not hard, it is very tedious and time consuming. I hope the technology Gods will shine upon the effort. More to follow after functionality is tuned up and right and a decision has been made. David
 
[quote="misterprofessionality" pid='15' dateline='1744334864']
But when I die you're gonna have to bury me with my CB, and you better change the oil before you do because I'm still gonna be riding it.
[/QUOTE]

Do we need to create an oil thread on this new forum to know which oil we should pick? :-)


Great job, David! And in such a short time! Thank you for your hard work!

My first post and I already have 1 more post than The ferret  :D
 
OK, I made it over. Lets see how well this works.
 
Randy B said:
OK, I made it over. Lets see how well this works.

Thanks. Please remember it is a work in progress. Document my screw ups please and make suggestions. Much obliged. David
 
rdprdp01 said:
Randy B said:
OK, I made it over. Lets see how well this works.

Thanks. Please remember it is a work in progress. Document my screw ups please and make suggestions. Much obliged. David

If I run across any issues I will make sure to bring them to light as quickly as I can.

Thanks again for doing this. The forum is a great place to be and losing it would suck the wind out of the world... lol.
 
rdprdp01 said:
Whoops said:
Checking in. Glad to see this up and running. It might be nice to copy and paste some of the technical posts from the old forum in the event the hosting just expires one day and all that data is lost. Does anyone with lots of stars have any suggestions or feedback on that matter?

Let me move this site from Alpha to Beta and hopefully to Production. After that, we need our Moderators and the Members to commit to this platform or select another. Assuming this is the place, I will work on developing  a script that will move threads for us by logging into the old site, downloading the thread, and uploading it to the new site. Without an admin login and the current stability of the original site, it may not be possible., 

The alternative is to move things manually, like I did with my prior posts. Although that process is not hard, it is very tedious and time consuming. I hope the technology Gods will shine upon the effort. More to follow after functionality is tuned up and right and a decision has been made. David

Crossing my fingers it can be at least semi-automated. Kudos to the work you have put in on the forum. I understand how much work has gone into this so far and would like to offer my gratitude. Also, I imagine you are incurring at minium hosting fees. Once the site is rolled into prod, I think you should make a post with some numbers and offer the ability for members to donate to keep the lights on, so to speak. Cheers!
 
Whoops said:
rdprdp01 said:
Whoops said:
Checking in. Glad to see this up and running. It might be nice to copy and paste some of the technical posts from the old forum in the event the hosting just expires one day and all that data is lost. Does anyone with lots of stars have any suggestions or feedback on that matter?

Let me move this site from Alpha to Beta and hopefully to Production. After that, we need our Moderators and the Members to commit to this platform or select another. Assuming this is the place, I will work on developing  a script that will move threads for us by logging into the old site, downloading the thread, and uploading it to the new site. Without an admin login and the current stability of the original site, it may not be possible., 

The alternative is to move things manually, like I did with my prior posts. Although that process is not hard, it is very tedious and time consuming. I hope the technology Gods will shine upon the effort. More to follow after functionality is tuned up and right and a decision has been made. David

Crossing my fingers it can be at least semi-automated. Kudos to the work you have put in on the forum. I understand how much work has gone into this so far and would like to offer my gratitude. Also, I imagine you are incurring at minium hosting fees. Once the site is rolled into prod, I think you should make a post with some numbers and offer the ability for members to donate to keep the lights on, so to speak. Cheers!

It is the least I can do. More about that tomorrow. David
 
Back
Top