Hi from Amsterdam!

Svo

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hi everyone!

I've been quietly stalking this forum for some time now, and thought now is finally the time to say hi.  :shy:
In fact, the amazing collection of information (and people) here were part of the reason why I've bought a CB 1100 (2013) in the first place (I was considering a Bonneville or Interceptor — heresy!). 

I always enjoyed fixing my bikes (the ones without motorised support), but I've never owned nor worked on anything with a motor. This forum allowed me to start wrenching on my CB as well, and it's wonderful. With the help of all of you I've managed to:
- do basic maintenance (chain, oil, brake/clutch fluids including flushing the C-ABS, cleaning the air filter)
- change brake pads and subsequently fixed a self-inflicted brake drag issue (Terrence O'Keeffe helped with that!)
- change all lights to LED while maintaining the beautiful stock sockets
- repair a broken mirror (that wasn't me)
- change a broken clutch lever (that was very much me, the bike wanted to take a nap in a parking garage...)
- chose saddlebags and a tailbag that match the CB
- fix a stuck turn signal
- install a new battery
- coat it a few times in ACF-50 (Dutch winters are gnarly)
- and of course: unlock an extra 5kW, 12Nm, and endless style points with the greatest farkle of them all...  :P

I've put about 7'000 km on it since I got it in January, and absolutely love it still. Also, I called it "Hondalf the White".

Thank you for being part of that!

Cheers!

[attachment=1416]
[attachment=1417]
[attachment=1418]
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0311.webp
    IMG_0311.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0612.webp
    IMG_0612.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_9999 (1).webp
    IMG_9999 (1).webp
    2.7 MB · Views: 99
Welcome to your Forum and the CB1100 Community. You and your motorcycle are clearly meant to be. Drive safely and please continue to share your experiences. Beautiful motorcycle, SVO. David
 
G'day and welcome to the forum, Svo. Lovely bike.
 
Welcome, Svo! Wow, white with the dark brown seat looks absolutely beautiful. A lurker no more are you, sir! You've obviously been following this group, as you've already installed RLETs. This will put you in good stead from the start. Very much looking forward to seeing where you get to ride in such a cool part of the world!
 
Welcome Svo!
You have some beautiful country for riding, at least what I saw from the train from Amsterdam to Eindhoven and back.
It was beautiful even in February (1998?)

Congratulations on doing your own wrenching.  It is VERY satisfying.
 
Howdy and welcome to the forum
 
Welcome and hello, Svo. Always a pleasure to have new riders and someone who can post photos of a beautiful place like the Netherlands. I have a friend, Dirk Regter, in Edam who has a 1915 Ford and some interesting motorcycles. If you see him, say hello from Frank from Las Vegas. He also has sons who race motorcycles. Thank you for sharing the photos of your beautiful motorcycle.
 
Thread starter
Your welcome is almost too kind! I am really glad a place like this forum exists still on the internet. :) Thanks!
 
Back
Top