how to set clock on cb1100

Going from memory here....Turn on ign. Hold both reset buttons down until hour time starts blinking move up with left button then right button to minutes left button to change up then press both to set , turn off ign. At least I think thats the procedure. Durn just had manual in here a couple mins ago, but its back in bike now.
 
Speaking of the CB clock, has anyone experienced their clock running fast? Mine is now about 15 minutes fast. It has gradually "gained time" the last several months.
The battery has never been dead or removed from the bike.
Been wanting to ask this question before, but never gave it any thought until linuxology asked this question. Just wondering.
Jim
 
Inline4_imp said:
Speaking of the CB clock, has anyone experienced their clock running fast? Mine is now about 15 minutes fast. It has gradually "gained time" the last several months.
The battery has never been dead or removed from the bike.
Been wanting to ask this question before, but never gave it any thought until linuxology asked this question. Just wondering.
Jim
Yes, but mine has gained time slower than yours. I have only set my clock once and that was the day I bought it, two years ago. It is now about 12 minutes fast.
 
I dont know, I reset mine about 2 weeks ago for daylight savings time, but I did 3 motorcycles a car and a truck that day.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Inline4_imp said:
Speaking of the CB clock, has anyone experienced their clock running fast? Mine is now about 15 minutes fast. It has gradually "gained time" the last several months.
The battery has never been dead or removed from the bike.
Been wanting to ask this question before, but never gave it any thought until linuxology asked this question. Just wondering.
Jim
Yes, but mine has gained time slower than yours. I have only set my clock once and that was the day I bought it, two years ago. It is now about 12 minutes fast.
Yes, but mine has gained time slower than yours. I have only set my clock once and that was the day I bought it, two years ago. It is now about 12 minutes fast.
Proof positive that time flies when you're having fun. :)
 
It allows me to take the long way to my destination and still be on time! I'm leaving it just as it is.:D
 
You guy need to see your dealer. The flux capacitor is out of adjustment, duh. :rolleyes: :D
 
Inline4_imp said:
Speaking of the CB clock, has anyone experienced their clock running fast? Mine is now about 15 minutes fast. It has gradually "gained time" the last several months.
The battery has never been dead or removed from the bike.
Been wanting to ask this question before, but never gave it any thought until linuxology asked this question. Just wondering.
Jim
Haven't seen it here.

My experience with digital watches, though...is that when the battery is close to the end, the watch SPEEDS UP. Counterintuitive.

In your case, I'd suspect a poor connection or other voltage drop - anywhere between the + battery terminal and the clock ground. Connection not made properly or water/dirt/grease in there?
 
Back
Top