How to lower your CB1100

modmaster_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I hope I am not breaking any protocols by doing this in the modifications board first. I have a like brand new (less than 400 miles) set of rear shocks from my 2013 Triumph Bonneville that I used on my 2013 CB1100 to lower it one inch. They have the correct size shock bushings in them so that they just bolt on in place of the original Honda shocks. The CB rode great with them on and it will really help those who are on the short side. They are all chrome and look just like the OEM Honda shocks.
I have them for sale in the classified section of the forum. Here is a pic of them on the bike.
modmaster
786e306cb6426bc4627b527a01fb1397.jpg~original
 
So, modmaster, I see you've posted a couple of things for sale, including a manual. Are you getting ready to sell your CB?
 
Does the lowered back end make it more difficult to get the bike up on the centerstand? Just curious as it would seem to me to alter the angle and leverage of stepping on the stand a little bit? I can live with tippy toeing a little bit as is.5'8' 30 inch inseam.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
So, modmaster, I see you've posted a couple of things for sale, including a manual. Are you getting ready to sell your CB?
Don't feel bad :huh:...I didn't get a response to the same question when I asked it of him in an earlier thread...perhaps it crosses the line of being "private business"?
 
Lowering the bike will make using the center stand more difficult. It will also decrease the lean of the bike when on the side stand, making that position a bit insecure when parked. At 5'6" and a 28" inseam, I can nearly flatfoot my CB and have found no reason to lower it but everyone has a different comfort level.

Note to Cormanus, a bug has apparently eaten your avatar.
 
Thread starter
Lowering the seat will not change the center of gravity and will only exacerbate the already tight and awkward seat to pegs relationship. Just saying. Yes all the other things like side stand lean and center stand effort were a compromise I was willing to make. Everyone has to look at these facts for sure before changing something. We all have different things that we like to change on our bikes to suit each others needs.

modmaster
 
Gumby 1100_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
So, modmaster, I see you've posted a couple of things for sale, including a manual. Are you getting ready to sell your CB?
Don't feel bad :huh:...I didn't get a response to the same question when I asked it of him in an earlier thread...perhaps it crosses the line of being "private business"?
So it would seem. I'll just have to nurse my hurt.

redbirds_imp said:
Lowering the bike will make using the center stand more difficult. It will also decrease the lean of the bike when on the side stand, making that position a bit insecure when parked. At 5'6" and a 28" inseam, I can nearly flatfoot my CB and have found no reason to lower it but everyone has a different comfort level.

Note to Cormanus, a bug has apparently eaten your avatar.
Little thing's still running around looking for something so I thought I'd see what it comes up with before I release it.
 
Modmaster. I am convinced you dont exist. I have not seen another CB1100 in Milwaukee, Cudahy, So. Milwaukee, Stallis, Tosa, ANYWHERE.

;)
 
riceburner_imp said:
Does the lowered back end make it more difficult to get the bike up on the centerstand? Just curious as it would seem to me to alter the angle and leverage of stepping on the stand a little bit? I can live with tippy toeing a little bit as is.5'8' 30 inch inseam.
I believe lowering will create center stand problems. I'm 5'6, 28-29inseam and can almost flat foot. Do you have an after market seat?

Personally, I would get thicker soled boots before I would lower a bike from stock. Just me.
 
I put 1.5 in lower shocks on my CB. I have no problem putting it on the center stand. I am 5'9" and 170 pounds. I can still put mine on the stand with a pair of Vans on my feet. I did have to readjust my shifter up a bit to keep my toes from dragging while shifting on a curve. Other than that, it rides fine.
 
Are any of you guys taking the geometry change into account and lowering the forks in the triple tree?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Are any of you guys taking the geometry change into account and lowering the forks in the triple tree?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I certainly did on my NC700X. Very easy to do.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Are any of you guys taking the geometry change into account and lowering the forks in the triple tree?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Before my bike sat a-- up, now it sits almost level. I like the stance better....
 
So is this CB owner confirming that Bonneville shocks and I'm guessing any shock made for the Bonneville are a direct swap for the CB? If anyone can answer this it would be very helpful with finding more less expensive options than Ohlins or Nitrons for better performance, thanks.
 
Back
Top