How to empty the fuel tank?

This is a lot of thinking and labor to defuel a tank. I use a length of clear hose with primer bulb near the outward end. Stick the suck end into the tank, to the lowest point of the tank, put the discharge end into the container, pinch the hose closed with a pair of pliers, and squeeze the bulb a few times. Be sure you are working the bulb in the right direction. There is an arrow on the bulb to show fuel flow direction. When the hose is full of fuel, let go of the pliers and the fuel will begin to flow.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
without going thru all the posts, did you try a squeeze bulb?
Yep. That's what I linked to and attached a picture of. Cheap little squeeze bulb option from Autozone. Don't know how long it will last or work--but for $4 it got what I needed done. :D
 
Back
Top