How to adjust the front forks on a 2013 CB1100 and a 2017 CB1100EX.

michael1954

Been there
Thread starter
I own both bikes and need some help with adjusting the front forks. I do not think they would adjust the same since the 2017 CB1100 EX has a new type of fork.
 
Can you maybe explain more about what you mean exactly?
 
I thought 2017 CB1100ex front fork only have a preload adjustment??? It would be the same with 2013 model since 2013 also only have preload adjustment on front fork. If i am correct, only 1100RS have additional adjustment.
 
i found today something on the fork of my yellow bee.....until now i took never a notice from this.....is this somehow for adjust ?
 
All our bikes have that Alprider. Is pre-load adjustment. Should be in your owners manual.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Can you maybe explain more about what you mean exactly?
Hi, been a little under the weather lately, hence no replies. But, does my 2013 CB have the "Dual Bending Valve" adjustment as shown in the pix below, as does my 2017 CB1100EX? By the way, I do find they ride like two different bikes. I have the ride on the 2013 adjusted just right, but the 2017 seems a little stiff on the front. Michael
alprider_imp said:
i found today something on the fork of my yellow bee.....until now i took never a notice from this.....is this somehow for adjust ?
Love the yellow. Thinking about buying a tank from Japan. Besides Samurai Rider, is there another source?
Lord Popgun_imp said:
All our bikes have that Alprider. Is pre-load adjustment. Should be in your owners manual.
Bought mine used w/1200 miles on it and no owner's manual. Just bought one from ebay and await its arrival. Michael
 
Michael, the 2013 bike has preload adjustment for the front forks, but they are not the dual bending valve forks that were introduced in 2017.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Michael, the 2013 bike has preload adjustment for the front forks, but they are not the dual bending valve forks that were introduced in 2017.
Hi, thanks for the info. I ordered the Honda Service manual for the 2017 and hope to get the stats I need from it. When I bought the 2013 CB last summer, the guy had the Honda Service Manual. It has helped tons. The 2017's will probably be as good. Hows the weather down there? We actually hit 34F yesterday, and for us, that is cold!
 
The weather’s OK at the moment, thanks. It seems almost ‘normal’ with daytime highs in the high 20s - low 30s Celsius and reasonable rainfall. Not enough rain where it matters though.
 
Back
Top