michael1954
Been there
Thread starter
I own both bikes and need some help with adjusting the front forks. I do not think they would adjust the same since the 2017 CB1100 EX has a new type of fork.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Hi, been a little under the weather lately, hence no replies. But, does my 2013 CB have the "Dual Bending Valve" adjustment as shown in the pix below, as does my 2017 CB1100EX? By the way, I do find they ride like two different bikes. I have the ride on the 2013 adjusted just right, but the 2017 seems a little stiff on the front. MichaelLord Popgun_imp said:Can you maybe explain more about what you mean exactly?
Love the yellow. Thinking about buying a tank from Japan. Besides Samurai Rider, is there another source?alprider_imp said:i found today something on the fork of my yellow bee.....until now i took never a notice from this.....is this somehow for adjust ?
Bought mine used w/1200 miles on it and no owner's manual. Just bought one from ebay and await its arrival. MichaelLord Popgun_imp said:All our bikes have that Alprider. Is pre-load adjustment. Should be in your owners manual.
... or literally on the underside of the seat.Houtman_imp said:Owners manual COULD under the seat !
Nope!Houtman_imp said:Owners manual COULD under the seat !
Hi, thanks for the info. I ordered the Honda Service manual for the 2017 and hope to get the stats I need from it. When I bought the 2013 CB last summer, the guy had the Honda Service Manual. It has helped tons. The 2017's will probably be as good. Hows the weather down there? We actually hit 34F yesterday, and for us, that is cold!Cormanus_imp said:Michael, the 2013 bike has preload adjustment for the front forks, but they are not the dual bending valve forks that were introduced in 2017.