Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Actually we have a sub-forum dedicated to other bikes. Based on the sheer number of bikes that you are able to test ride, your input on the topic would certainly be valued.Cagerontwowheels_imp said:I did not go ballistic! I just kinda was slightly upset. (very nearly panicked and screamed like a little girl!).OldF7Guy_imp said:I too have watched several of his videos and find them informative and hilarious at the same time. Wasnt Cager on 2 wheels the one who got a bumble bee or something in his helmet one time and went ballistic?
I won't really have anything elso to add to this forum, though - I only rode the CB1100 for that short while.
So many bikes, so little money
On the other hand, congrats to all the owners - you got awesome bikes that just ooze quality! (and fortunatly, not oil). What do you guys think of the updates for the cb1100 in 2014?
I think that the 6-speed transmission would be nice to have, especially for those that log lots of highway miles. Also, the improved instrumentation functionality is pretty cool, but the styling of the new cockpit reminds me more of what you would find in a Honda automobile v.s. the classic look found previously on the bike, which is weird since Honda appeared to be shooting for even more of a retro look with the new model. In addition, the new DLX gained 30 lbs. over the original model and it looks the part to my eye. The lines have become a little too porky for me.Cagerontwowheels_imp said:I did not go ballistic! I just kinda was slightly upset. (very nearly panicked and screamed like a little girl!).OldF7Guy_imp said:I too have watched several of his videos and find them informative and hilarious at the same time. Wasnt Cager on 2 wheels the one who got a bumble bee or something in his helmet one time and went ballistic?
I won't really have anything elso to add to this forum, though - I only rode the CB1100 for that short while.
So many bikes, so little money
On the other hand, congrats to all the owners - you got awesome bikes that just ooze quality! (and fortunatly, not oil). What do you guys think of the updates for the cb1100 in 2014?

I'm with Guth on this one. I would love the six speed on the highway, and wish my pipes were chrome (keeping the 4-1, or perhaps 4-2 on the same side) but overall I'm happier with my '13. Particularly the black engine, '13 tank, and simpler electronic bits. I have an Acura for when I want to drive a space ship.Guth_imp said:Actually we have a sub-forum dedicated to other bikes. Based on the sheer number of bikes that you are able to test ride, your input on the topic would certainly be valued.Cagerontwowheels_imp said:I did not go ballistic! I just kinda was slightly upset. (very nearly panicked and screamed like a little girl!).OldF7Guy_imp said:I too have watched several of his videos and find them informative and hilarious at the same time. Wasnt Cager on 2 wheels the one who got a bumble bee or something in his helmet one time and went ballistic?
I won't really have anything elso to add to this forum, though - I only rode the CB1100 for that short while.
So many bikes, so little money
On the other hand, congrats to all the owners - you got awesome bikes that just ooze quality! (and fortunatly, not oil). What do you guys think of the updates for the cb1100 in 2014?
I think that the 6-speed transmission would be nice to have, especially for those that log lots of highway miles. Also, the improved instrumentation functionality is pretty cool, but the styling of the new cockpit reminds me more of what you would find in a Honda automobile v.s. the classic look found previously on the bike, which is weird since Honda appeared to be shooting for even more of a retro look with the new model. In addition, the new DLX gained 30 lbs. over the original model and it looks the part to my eye. The lines have become a little too porky for me.Cagerontwowheels_imp said:I did not go ballistic! I just kinda was slightly upset. (very nearly panicked and screamed like a little girl!).OldF7Guy_imp said:I too have watched several of his videos and find them informative and hilarious at the same time. Wasnt Cager on 2 wheels the one who got a bumble bee or something in his helmet one time and went ballistic?
I won't really have anything elso to add to this forum, though - I only rode the CB1100 for that short while.
So many bikes, so little money
On the other hand, congrats to all the owners - you got awesome bikes that just ooze quality! (and fortunatly, not oil). What do you guys think of the updates for the cb1100 in 2014?
Not everyone feels the same way, and Honda made these changes based on market feedback, which I think is a good thing. I simply prefer the looks of the original model and am glad that I had an opportunity to purchase a 2013 standard before Honda changed things up.
Actually we have a sub-forum dedicated to other bikes. Based on the sheer number of bikes that you are able to test ride, your input on the topic would certainly be valued.Guth_imp said:Actually we have a sub-forum dedicated to other bikes. Based on the sheer number of bikes that you are able to test ride, your input on the topic would certainly be valued.Cagerontwowheels_imp said:I did not go ballistic! I just kinda was slightly upset. (very nearly panicked and screamed like a little girl!).OldF7Guy_imp said:I too have watched several of his videos and find them informative and hilarious at the same time. Wasnt Cager on 2 wheels the one who got a bumble bee or something in his helmet one time and went ballistic?
I won't really have anything elso to add to this forum, though - I only rode the CB1100 for that short while.
So many bikes, so little money
On the other hand, congrats to all the owners - you got awesome bikes that just ooze quality! (and fortunatly, not oil). What do you guys think of the updates for the cb1100 in 2014?
I think that the 6-speed transmission would be nice to have, especially for those that log lots of highway miles. Also, the improved instrumentation functionality is pretty cool, but the styling of the new cockpit reminds me more of what you would find in a Honda automobile v.s. the classic look found previously on the bike, which is weird since Honda appeared to be shooting for even more of a retro look with the new model. In addition, the new DLX gained 30 lbs. over the original model and it looks the part to my eye. The lines have become a little too porky for me.Cagerontwowheels_imp said:I did not go ballistic! I just kinda was slightly upset. (very nearly panicked and screamed like a little girl!).OldF7Guy_imp said:I too have watched several of his videos and find them informative and hilarious at the same time. Wasnt Cager on 2 wheels the one who got a bumble bee or something in his helmet one time and went ballistic?
I won't really have anything elso to add to this forum, though - I only rode the CB1100 for that short while.
So many bikes, so little money
On the other hand, congrats to all the owners - you got awesome bikes that just ooze quality! (and fortunatly, not oil). What do you guys think of the updates for the cb1100 in 2014?
Not everyone feels the same way, and Honda made these changes based on market feedback, which I think is a good thing. I simply prefer the looks of the original model and am glad that I had an opportunity to purchase a 2013 standard before Honda changed things up.
I think that the 6-speed transmission would be nice to have, especially for those that log lots of highway miles. Also, the improved instrumentation functionality is pretty cool, but the styling of the new cockpit reminds me more of what you would find in a Honda automobile v.s. the classic look found previously on the bike, which is weird since Honda appeared to be shooting for even more of a retro look with the new model. In addition, the new DLX gained 30 lbs. over the original model and it looks the part to my eye. The lines have become a little too porky for me.Cagerontwowheels_imp said:I did not go ballistic! I just kinda was slightly upset. (very nearly panicked and screamed like a little girl!).OldF7Guy_imp said:I too have watched several of his videos and find them informative and hilarious at the same time. Wasnt Cager on 2 wheels the one who got a bumble bee or something in his helmet one time and went ballistic?
I won't really have anything elso to add to this forum, though - I only rode the CB1100 for that short while.
So many bikes, so little money
On the other hand, congrats to all the owners - you got awesome bikes that just ooze quality! (and fortunatly, not oil). What do you guys think of the updates for the cb1100 in 2014?
I'm guessing that Honda managed to obtain plenty of feedback since first releasing the CB1100. I know that I received a feedback survey card after purchasing mine. Add in the plethora of feedback available on the internet and I'm sure that Honda had plenty to work with.Tortuga_imp said:Actually we have a sub-forum dedicated to other bikes. Based on the sheer number of bikes that you are able to test ride, your input on the topic would certainly be valued.Guth_imp said:Actually we have a sub-forum dedicated to other bikes. Based on the sheer number of bikes that you are able to test ride, your input on the topic would certainly be valued.Cagerontwowheels_imp said:I did not go ballistic! I just kinda was slightly upset. (very nearly panicked and screamed like a little girl!).OldF7Guy_imp said:I too have watched several of his videos and find them informative and hilarious at the same time. Wasnt Cager on 2 wheels the one who got a bumble bee or something in his helmet one time and went ballistic?
I won't really have anything elso to add to this forum, though - I only rode the CB1100 for that short while.
So many bikes, so little money
On the other hand, congrats to all the owners - you got awesome bikes that just ooze quality! (and fortunatly, not oil). What do you guys think of the updates for the cb1100 in 2014?
I think that the 6-speed transmission would be nice to have, especially for those that log lots of highway miles. Also, the improved instrumentation functionality is pretty cool, but the styling of the new cockpit reminds me more of what you would find in a Honda automobile v.s. the classic look found previously on the bike, which is weird since Honda appeared to be shooting for even more of a retro look with the new model. In addition, the new DLX gained 30 lbs. over the original model and it looks the part to my eye. The lines have become a little too porky for me.Cagerontwowheels_imp said:I did not go ballistic! I just kinda was slightly upset. (very nearly panicked and screamed like a little girl!).OldF7Guy_imp said:I too have watched several of his videos and find them informative and hilarious at the same time. Wasnt Cager on 2 wheels the one who got a bumble bee or something in his helmet one time and went ballistic?
I won't really have anything elso to add to this forum, though - I only rode the CB1100 for that short while.
So many bikes, so little money
On the other hand, congrats to all the owners - you got awesome bikes that just ooze quality! (and fortunatly, not oil). What do you guys think of the updates for the cb1100 in 2014?
Not everyone feels the same way, and Honda made these changes based on market feedback, which I think is a good thing. I simply prefer the looks of the original model and am glad that I had an opportunity to purchase a 2013 standard before Honda changed things up.
I think that the 6-speed transmission would be nice to have, especially for those that log lots of highway miles. Also, the improved instrumentation functionality is pretty cool, but the styling of the new cockpit reminds me more of what you would find in a Honda automobile v.s. the classic look found previously on the bike, which is weird since Honda appeared to be shooting for even more of a retro look with the new model. In addition, the new DLX gained 30 lbs. over the original model and it looks the part to my eye. The lines have become a little too porky for me.Cagerontwowheels_imp said:I did not go ballistic! I just kinda was slightly upset. (very nearly panicked and screamed like a little girl!).OldF7Guy_imp said:I too have watched several of his videos and find them informative and hilarious at the same time. Wasnt Cager on 2 wheels the one who got a bumble bee or something in his helmet one time and went ballistic?
I won't really have anything elso to add to this forum, though - I only rode the CB1100 for that short while.
So many bikes, so little money
On the other hand, congrats to all the owners - you got awesome bikes that just ooze quality! (and fortunatly, not oil). What do you guys think of the updates for the cb1100 in 2014?
Not everyone feels the same way, and Honda made these changes based on market feedback, which I think is a good thing. I simply prefer the looks of the original model and am glad that I had an opportunity to purchase a 2013 standard before Honda changed things up.
Precisely. I wouldn't change my bike for one of the new ones. I think the changes were a reaction to pep up 'new sales' rather thana reaction to customer feedback (who did they supposedly ask?)
I think they went in the wrong direction by 'modernising' the bike, when the original project hit the nail on the head. We wanted a retro machine true to the original design brief, not a CB1000 with some retro clothing....