How old do you think CagerOnTwoWheels is?

chrisross_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I love his video demos! His video on the CB1100 is one of the main videos that convinced me to buy it (alongside the Competition Accessories WRR). But I cannot even begin to figure out how old he is. Some videos make him seem 25 and some make him seem 50.

Either way, I love his passion (especially 5:15-6:30) and honesty in his videos.


 
chrisross_imp said:
I love his video demos! His video on the CB1100 is one of the main videos that convinced me to buy it (alongside the Competition Accessories WRR). But I cannot even begin to figure out how old he is. Some videos make him seem 25 and some make him seem 50.

Either way, I love his passion (especially 5:15-6:30) and honesty in his videos.


Most of us are 50 going on 25.
 
He mentions in there that he is near 40, but I see what you mean. I love how at first he doesn't "get it", and then be the end he loves it.
 
JohnNevets_imp said:
He mentions in there that he is near 40, but I see what you mean. I love how at first he doesn't "get it", and then be the end he loves it.
I somewhat came to the same conclusion.
Yes, it's interesting how he pre-judged the bike in so many ways and then loved the torque.
I had to laugh at his excitement because that's how I felt too when I first rode it.
 
Thread starter
Rocky_imp said:
JohnNevets_imp said:
He mentions in there that he is near 40, but I see what you mean. I love how at first he doesn't "get it", and then be the end he loves it.
I somewhat came to the same conclusion.
Yes, it's interesting how he pre-judged the bike in so many ways and then loved the torque.
I had to laugh at his excitement because that's how I felt too when I first rode it.
Exactly. The only other bikes I had ever ridden before my test drive on the CB was an xr650l and a buddy's Rebel.

I twisted the throttle in second and had a very similar reaction to his. Came back from the test drive, walked in saying "yeah, gonna have to go ahead and buy this one!"
 
chrisross_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
JohnNevets_imp said:
He mentions in there that he is near 40, but I see what you mean. I love how at first he doesn't "get it", and then be the end he loves it.
I somewhat came to the same conclusion.
Yes, it's interesting how he pre-judged the bike in so many ways and then loved the torque.
I had to laugh at his excitement because that's how I felt too when I first rode it.
Exactly. The only other bikes I had ever ridden before my test drive on the CB was an xr650l and a buddy's Rebel.

I twisted the throttle in second and had a very similar reaction to his. Came back from the test drive, walked in saying "yeah, gonna have to go ahead and buy this one!"
Exactly. The only other bikes I had ever ridden before my test drive on the CB was an xr650l and a buddy's Rebel.

I twisted the throttle in second and had a very similar reaction to his. Came back from the test drive, walked in saying "yeah, gonna have to go ahead and buy this one!"
You're a salesman's dream!
 
Thread starter
Tortuga_imp said:
chrisross_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
JohnNevets_imp said:
He mentions in there that he is near 40, but I see what you mean. I love how at first he doesn't "get it", and then be the end he loves it.
I somewhat came to the same conclusion.
Yes, it's interesting how he pre-judged the bike in so many ways and then loved the torque.
I had to laugh at his excitement because that's how I felt too when I first rode it.
Exactly. The only other bikes I had ever ridden before my test drive on the CB was an xr650l and a buddy's Rebel.

I twisted the throttle in second and had a very similar reaction to his. Came back from the test drive, walked in saying "yeah, gonna have to go ahead and buy this one!"
Exactly. The only other bikes I had ever ridden before my test drive on the CB was an xr650l and a buddy's Rebel.

I twisted the throttle in second and had a very similar reaction to his. Came back from the test drive, walked in saying "yeah, gonna have to go ahead and buy this one!"
You're a salesman's dream!
Well I still talked him down pretty good. Brand new 14 standard for 9185 out the door. If that's not a good deal, don't tell me because I'm feeling good about it.

What's funny is I walked into several smaller dealers and told them I was looking to pay cash and I wanted a test ride. For one reason or another, none of them would let me. Finally I went to a powerhouse dealer and got a test drive and immediately bought it. Now I'm getting ready to parade my bike to all the other dealers and say "hey guys, I told you I just wanted a test drive. Coulda bought this here but your loss!"
 
Thanks for sharing that video, Chris I hadn't seen it. I think I'll have to try to go to Portugal now as well as some other places.

Here's some quotes I culled from the video. They were too good not to write down.

"I wasn't expecting to like it."

"Let's see if I manage not to destroy a really expensive bike."

"Holy F#*!ing Hell! That's a lot of acceleration."

"This is a proper engine. This is not a joke."

"Don't look at the instruments on a twisty mountain road on a bike you don't know and that's not yours."

"This is quite a machine."

"It's a bike for old people. Let's not beat around the bush. This is a bike for old people. Or young people who want to relax."

"I wasn't expecting to actually like this bike. I was expecting to dis it."

"The world's not made of perfect things."

Some old geezer like me—around forty-ish."

"Let's just say it can scare your pillion half to death very easily. OK? If not the rider."

"It has all the aerodynamic qualities of—oh, I don't know—a brick! Your helmet is the most aerodynamic piece of equipment on this bike, probably, so going 200 on this bike would be pretty f*!king stupid."

And, as if to enrage some Forum members: "I read there's a limiter at 180 kph. That also makes sense because of the lack of aerodynamics. I don't think anyone would like to go 180 on this one because there's no wind protection and you're sitting up."

"This is quite a nice bike. It's fantastic actually."

"Bikes are good. Period. OK? It's really hard to make a bad bike."

"That's the Honda CB1100. Simple, vintage and seriously vintage. Just look at this engine."
 
This guy sounds exactly like Sharlto Copley's character in District 9...Wikus Van der Merwe...freakin' hilarious, sounds just as confused and self-absorbed.

 
Red Mist_imp said:
This guy sounds exactly like Sharlto Copley's character in District 9...Wikus Van der Merwe...freakin' hilarious, sounds just as confused and self-absorbed.

Googling Yourself is fun!

I am 34 at the moment. :D

Glad you liked my rambling idiocy - one thing to consider is that Ive only ridden (at the time of this review) around 50hp-ish bikes. This was the most powerfull up until that point.

And if any of you come to Portugal, I'd be more than happy to ride with you (rental bike maybe?)

@Red Mist:
fookin proons!
 
Cagerontwowheels_imp said:
Red Mist_imp said:
This guy sounds exactly like Sharlto Copley's character in District 9...Wikus Van der Merwe...freakin' hilarious, sounds just as confused and self-absorbed.

Googling Yourself is fun!

I am 34 at the moment. :D

Glad you liked my rambling idiocy - one thing to consider is that Ive only ridden (at the time of this review) around 50hp-ish bikes. This was the most powerfull up until that point.

And if any of you come to Portugal, I'd be more than happy to ride with you (rental bike maybe?)

@Red Mist:
fookin proons!
Googling Yourself is fun!

I am 34 at the moment. :D

Glad you liked my rambling idiocy - one thing to consider is that Ive only ridden (at the time of this review) around 50hp-ish bikes. This was the most powerfull up until that point.

And if any of you come to Portugal, I'd be more than happy to ride with you (rental bike maybe?)

@Red Mist:
fookin proons!
Cager, I've watched a few of your vids, including to the CB one, it's very easy to take the piss, but what you do is at least honest and informative. I live I England so I could theoretically ride over and have a BBQ with you, don't buy any charcoal yet as I doubt it would ever happen. Keep up the good work, and feel free to add diversity to our forum here.

All the best, Torts.
 
Hey, Cager. welcome. It was a great review.
 
I got a kick out of the vid. Welcome Cager. :hello:
 
I think you're right, but it was nice he popped in.
 
I too have watched several of his videos and find them informative and hilarious at the same time. Wasnt Cager on 2 wheels the one who got a bumble bee or something in his helmet one time and went ballistic?
 
OldF7Guy_imp said:
I too have watched several of his videos and find them informative and hilarious at the same time. Wasnt Cager on 2 wheels the one who got a bumble bee or something in his helmet one time and went ballistic?
I did not go ballistic! I just kinda was slightly upset. (very nearly panicked and screamed like a little girl!).

I won't really have anything elso to add to this forum, though - I only rode the CB1100 for that short while. :(
So many bikes, so little money :P

On the other hand, congrats to all the owners - you got awesome bikes that just ooze quality! (and fortunatly, not oil). What do you guys think of the updates for the cb1100 in 2014?
 
Cager I was so impressed I traded my 13 for a 14 dlx. Several others have as well. Loved my 13, but love my 14 even more.
 
Back
Top