Toddman_imp
Running like a top
I try not to use water on mine but when I do, I try to ride soon after I dry it to blow out any water that's hiding.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
holy666diver_imp said:Why is everyone afraid to use water on their bike? I wash my bike every other month after it rains usually my bike is CAKED in dirt. I hose it off, use auto soap on the tank, wash the rims, take the seat off and my shield and any other leather. I quickly pat dry the bike then immediately take it for a ride to air dry the water in the hard to reach spots. I then Wax the tank using Ice from turtle wax. I always use new towels and micro fiber cloths never use a dirty cloth.
I mean these bikes are made to be ridden in all conditions why is everyone avoiding getting the bike wet. Every time I ride in the rain my bike is soaked front to back and I have about 2 inches of dirt on the underside.
Yea, I will never be accused of that.furious_blue_imp said:For the fanatical:
every time you wash and dry the bike by any kind of contact, you wear the finish. I've never been that fanatical, but I do make sure that if manually drying, I NEVER dry anything by using the common circular motion, this etches swirls onto the surface of everything paint, chrome etc.. Instead, I'll blot dry with no side to side motion on the surface.
I've heard that some super car owners even try to use soaps a little as possible when washing... but that's further than I'd go !
'over cleaning' is a word that I've heard said by the really fanatical about those who have damaged their vehicle finish by washing and waxing it 'too much'.

I've heard so much praise about this stuff, and also heard all the cries when it was no longer available.BestStandard_imp said:I only get the hose and bucket out when a bike gets really grimy. All other times I use Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish on all surfaces except the brake rotors... its quick, easy and cheap and leaves a nice shine. It cuts through tar, grease and bugs so well I use it on my autos as needed to prep for waxing. Been using it for many years... had enough stockpiled to get me through the period when they weren't making it and was elated when they started stocking it again. If you never tried it stop what your doing now and ride down to the Honda dealer on your CB to pick up a couple cans, you'll thank me later.![]()
Pardon Our Interruption
Cormanus_imp said:Returning to the OP's question ... about once a day.
The bike will get cleaned when it needs it.
Django_imp said:Cormanus_imp said:Returning to the OP's question ... about once a day.
The bike will get cleaned when it needs it.![]()
Exactly what came to my mind at first. However, I thought, I got it this way, as I'm not a native English speaker. But when it also comes from Cormanus...
As to the topic, I do it like Cormanus does. :beerchug:
Great stuff. Been using it for years, even when you had to buy it in the off branded can. Bike gets a proper water hose wash down 3 or 4 times a year. Otherwise, it is a good wipe down and detail with the Honda cleaner & polish and Black Magic Pro Shine after every ride.BestStandard_imp said:I only get the hose and bucket out when a bike gets really grimy. All other times I use Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish on all surfaces except the brake rotors... its quick, easy and cheap and leaves a nice shine. It cuts through tar, grease and bugs so well I use it on my autos as needed to prep for waxing. Been using it for many years... had enough stockpiled to get me through the period when they weren't making it and was elated when they started stocking it again. If you never tried it stop what your doing now and ride down to the Honda dealer on your CB to pick up a couple cans, you'll thank me later.![]()
Pardon Our Interruption
Django_imp said:Cormanus_imp said:Returning to the OP's question ... about once a day.
The bike will get cleaned when it needs it.![]()
Exactly what came to my mind at first. However, I thought, I got it this way, as I'm not a native English speaker. But when it also comes from Cormanus...
As to the topic, I do it like Cormanus does. :beerchug: