How many miles will CB last?

Thread starter
Tortuga_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
At least 8,854.
Lol, love it. :D

In fact I wish I'd thought of that.

Although 542 isn't quite as impressive on this particular thread.
Lol, love it. :D

In fact I wish I'd thought of that.

Although 542 isn't quite as impressive on this particular thread.
You guys may be related...I wonder?
 
HikerToo_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
At least 8,854.
Lol, love it. :D

In fact I wish I'd thought of that.

Although 542 isn't quite as impressive on this particular thread.
Lol, love it. :D

In fact I wish I'd thought of that.

Although 542 isn't quite as impressive on this particular thread.
You guys may be related...I wonder?
Lol, love it. :D

In fact I wish I'd thought of that.

Although 542 isn't quite as impressive on this particular thread.
You guys may be related...I wonder?
Separated at birth. They exported the ugly twin over the pond (which direction is debatable).
 
your bike should last 5 billoun years, then at that time the sun will be going super nova and vaperise the plant. so just ride it untill the wheels fall off!
 
Most bikes (there are a few exceptions) built from the late 70's to now, if properly taken care and not abuse should last a very very long time. 100,000 miles is just getting started.

Buying a bike with over 100,000 miles on it is a whole 'nother matter. :)
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
cbdtran_imp said:
do you drive car at all?
do you drive car at all?
cbdtran_imp said:
do you drive car at all?
Well do you?
do you drive car at all?
cbdtran_imp said:
do you drive car at all?
Well do you?
Yeah, do ya? Huh? Huh? HUH?
do you drive car at all?
cbdtran_imp said:
do you drive car at all?
Well do you?
Yeah, do ya? Huh? Huh? HUH?
:dodgy: I guess that's a no then.
 
Rboe_imp said:
Most bikes (there are a few exceptions) built from the late 70's to now, if properly taken care and not abuse should last a very very long time. 100,000 miles is just getting started.

Buying a bike with over 100,000 miles on it is a whole 'nother matter. :)
Agreed. The main thing that keeps bikes from regularly exceeding 100K miles is that at some point in their lives, they get left sitting in the back of a garage to rust for years. That'll shorten a bike's life way more than riding it every day.

A couple of months ago a guy showed up over on the Nighthawk forum with a CB750 that had over 250K miles on it. The engine had never been opened up.
 
Nice to be missed, and insulted in absentia. How brave.

How long a bike lasts is less a function of make or model, than how well you care for it. Exercise a little mechanical empathy and your progeny will be fighting each other for it after your funeral. Put off the oil changes, valve adjustments, or take it to a dealership with an indifferent mechanic, and it'll be dead before 50,000 miles.
 
calamarichris_imp said:
Nice to be missed, and insulted in absentia. How brave.

How long a bike lasts is less a function of make or model, than how well you care for it. Exercise a little mechanical empathy and your progeny will be fighting each other for it after your funeral. Put off the oil changes, valve adjustments, or take it to a dealership with an indifferent mechanic, and it'll be dead before 50,000 miles.
Gosh, I shouldn't get sucked in by the troll, but....

Describe missed :rolleyes:.

What was your derogatory term for our bikes? Disposabikes or something like that? How even though you took meticulous care of your bike, they were designed so horribly and with such shoddy materials that they were doomed to under 50,000 miles before becoming "disposabikes" forcing us to buy new ones?

It looks as though you have changed your tune. What happened? Did you wear out your welcome on another forum somewhere with your negativity, condescending attitude and silly posters?

Don't you have to go post a video of some poodles dry humping somewhere?
 
I had absentia once. The audible flatulence was the worst of it...or maybe the uncontrollable scratching.

A hefty shot of penicillin cleared it right up.
 
The ferret_imp said:
calamarichris_imp said:
Nice to be missed, and insulted in absentia. How brave.

How long a bike lasts is less a function of make or model, than how well you care for it. Exercise a little mechanical empathy and your progeny will be fighting each other for it after your funeral. Put off the oil changes, valve adjustments, or take it to a dealership with an indifferent mechanic, and it'll be dead before 50,000 miles.
Gosh, I shouldn't get sucked in by the troll, but....

Describe missed :rolleyes:.

What was your derogatory term for our bikes? Disposabikes or something like that? How even though you took meticulous care of your bike, they were designed so horribly and with such shoddy materials that they were doomed to under 50,000 miles before becoming "disposabikes" forcing us to buy new ones?

It looks as though you have changed your tune. What happened? Did you wear out your welcome on another forum somewhere with your negativity, condescending attitude and silly posters?

Don't you have to go post a video of some poodles dry humping somewhere?
I never called your bikes or the CB1100 a disposabike, but I guess lying on the internet isn't illegal, so you're free to claim I said all kinds of crazy junk. Nice impartial professionalism there, Moderator. :thumbsup:
Glad to see the crazy has only gotten deeper in here while I was away.
 
Back
Top