How many miles should a bike have on it before grinding the cylinders?

PowerDubs_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
61ed74daf330e5c2f75d6e433d768822.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Depends, I guess.

Josh, I've changing the title of the thread because it is too long to let people reply easily. There's a character limit and when the software automatically inserts "RE: " at the beginning, the title is too long.
 
Thread starter
No problem.

The answer is probably never... but the bike has 655 as we speak.

5749a84d93834fe0776b8add358ae077.jpg


Powered by alcohol



And since I'm taking pics-




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Jim, he is taking the paint off the fin edges.
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
What's the story behind that Colorado license plate?

I was stationed in Colorado when I was a medic in the Army.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did a rough cut on the back half of the right hand cyl head. Need to stop so I can do my Sun night house chores. That's ok because I need more sand paper. Long weekend of grinding.

The bright overhead lights are good for working- bad for pictures. This is going to be something to see in the daylight from a distance. But should tie in nicely with the valve cover and engine covers.

060a331b82011b65e41c734a270c5c10.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
What's the story behind that Colorado license plate?

I was stationed in Colorado when I was a medic in the Army.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did a rough cut on the back half of the right hand cyl head. Need to stop so I can do my Sun night house chores. That's ok because I need more sand paper. Long weekend of grinding.

The bright overhead lights are good for working- bad for pictures. This is going to be something to see in the daylight from a distance. But should tie in nicely with the valve cover and engine covers.

060a331b82011b65e41c734a270c5c10.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was stationed in Colorado when I was a medic in the Army.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did a rough cut on the back half of the right hand cyl head. Need to stop so I can do my Sun night house chores. That's ok because I need more sand paper. Long weekend of grinding.

The bright overhead lights are good for working- bad for pictures. This is going to be something to see in the daylight from a distance. But should tie in nicely with the valve cover and engine covers.

628bf6a8dba30c2db110a1a4f153112b.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like it! :thumbsup:
 
The polished valve cover is cool.
Probably won't do it to mine, but the fins are making me itch to get my sander.

Thanks for sharing.
 
Thread starter
Razor_imp said:
The polished valve cover is cool.
Probably won't do it to mine, but the fins are making me itch to get my sander.

Thanks for sharing.

I have a feeling after I am done, there will be others to do this as well. Out of all the things I am doing, the fins are by far the easiest. Nice, quick and simple.
 
Thread starter
If you look at the stock fins, you will see the edges are tapered. I am grinding them down to a square edge.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
While waiting on Amazon to deliver my new batch of supplies tomorrow- (various grits sanding pads, black touch ups, clear coat touch ups)- I went back to the garage tonight and burned up what I had left of the existing sand paper pads.

I then turned off some of the overhead lights to try to get better pictures.

This is not the finished product- still needs more grinding, then polish and clearcoat-


[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_0311_zps8bzv8bzy.jpg.html]
[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_0305_zpsdzl5gdwr.jpg.html]
 
Elipten_imp said:
That looks great!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

+1 it gives some definition to the motor
 
I like it! Looks great! :thumbsup:
 
I got my Dremel out and gave it a shot. I already have a hi temp clear coat. Should be a no brainer. I am going to send off my headers to Jet-hot. May be a good project while I'm down.

RLETS, Baby face Sliders, Staintune Slip-on, CB500 Mirrors, smaller led taillight, OEM rear rack, Guhl reflash, handlebar risers, Kawasaki Gaiters.
 
Looks good, PD! Kinda reminds me of what Honda did with the later CB750s with the blacked out engine.

4f96e178de5ed0377e29a9878b600b2d.jpg
 
Thread starter
Did a little more work on it tonight. The way it was- you had to get at certain angles to really see the fins, especially with the bright lights on overhead.

I figured out a solution. You can't just shave the fins vertically- you need to radius each fin to catch the light from above.




[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_0328_zps0fubxxt7.jpg.html]
[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_0316_zpsg07nfuu3.jpg.html]
[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_0322_zpsnyfjfphy.jpg.html]
[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_0323_zps379cdkgg.jpg.html]
[url=http://s164.photobucket.com/user/powerdubs/media/IMG_0324_zpsl4ytp1pe.jpg.html]
 
Back
Top