How Many Days Do You Want To Ride?

A little surprised that you're area is the same as my area (308) when one considers that Chicago winters are usually more severe than SW Ohio's. If I rode every single day in a year except in January and February, I would have 306 riding days. Never going to happen, but this has inspired me to start keeping more accurate stats. Right now, I just keep total miles and how many consecutive months with at least 1 ride.
 
I didn't have any trouble riding in 100 degree weather in Nebraska last summer but my lower limit is closer to 40*F.
 
Thread starter
As of the last few years I have ridden in temps ranging from -1 f and 105 f and both extremes are miserable. I'd prefer a range of 40-90f lol. Without electrics and some wind protection, even 32f can get pretty cold pretty quickly. Choosing the right gear for either extreme is critical and difficult.
 
Usually 45 degrees is my cut off, but got heated gloves recently so perhaps I'll get a few additional rides in below that threshold this winter.
 
Thread starter
We are in the 50s again this morning and after a summer of 90s, even that feels "nippy". Of course next March that same 50s will feel " balmy" lol
 
It's after 11 at night here in Brisbane, Queensland and, having been disturbed by a rude and malfunctioning smoke alarm, I'm reading the forum until I feel like sleeping again.

It's a balmy 18ºC outside (64ºF). Be pleasant for a ride. The days are getting hotter and ever so slightly less agreeable.

Like San Francisco, there aren't too many days here when riding's impossible.
 
Thread starter
Just after 9 am here George. Temp is getting close to the same at 62 according to weatherbug. Getting ready to go ridng. UNfortunately for us in the US northeast and midwest it only gets worse from here on out until May next year.
 
The map shows me being between 229 and 251 days, but realistically, it is more like 300. I can ride in warm weather months in the early morning, and when it is cold, around 2 or 3 PM. Rain is all that holds me back.
 
Back
Top