How many bikes have you owned.

Sounds like a heck of a bike Chip.
 
OK, this is my first post on this forum, i have been lurking for a couple of weeks learning as much about the CB as I can. I Will be picking up my 13 CB1100 with 900 miles on the clock this week. I could not resist this thread because between my wife and I we have had our share of bikes. the bikes I have had.
1. 1973 750 four (totaled doing wheelies)
2. 1974 750 four ( made into a chopper traded in for 2 dirt bikes)
3. 1975 KX250
4. 1976 KX400
5.1977 RM125
6.1978 250 Husky
7. 1978 750 super sport
8. 1979 250 Husky
9. 1981 Honda 650 custom
10. 1981 390 husky
11. 1983 750 Honda Interceptor
12. 1983 650 Nighthawk
13. 2001 st1100
14. 2001 Suzuki DRZ 400
15. 2002 Goldwing ( had it till last year sold after both hips replaced )
16. Polaris Slingshot ( I still have and will keep for touring easier on the hips)
18. 2013 CB1100 ( if it warms up here in Michigan )
Now for the wife's bikes
1.1974 Honda 350 four
2. 1975 KD125
3. 1976 KX 125
4. 1977 RM125
5. 1983 550 Nighthawk
6. 1983 650 Nighthawk
7. 2001 Suzuki bandit 1200 ( bought new she put 77,000 miles on when sold )
8. 2000 TTR250
9. 2010 VFR1200 (current bike )
Our current rides at deals gap last year
 
The ferret_imp said:
19 years with same bike seems inconceivable to me lol. Must have been a heck of a bike.
My Nighthawk 750 turns 20 next week. Bought it new in the crate in April of '96. It hasn't been racking up quite as many miles as the CB11 lately, but it still hits the road 2 or 3 times a week. Just yesterday I was riding it down a deserted back road thinking how glad I was that I didn't sell it when I bought the CB11.
 
Riding for 45 years now and have had 17 bikes. Early in my riding life I would often alternate between road and dirt bikes when I started taking too many risks in each riding environment. :dodgy:

In order:
1969 Kawasaki 175
1971 Kawasaki 250E
1973 Kawasaki 250E
1974 Honda CB450
1975 Honda CB550
1977 Kawasaki 900 LTD
1980 Kawasaki KDX 175
1983 Honda 650 Nighthawk
1990 Kawasaki 600 Ninja
1995 Honda XR250
2008 Victory Vegas
2010 Victory Cross Country
2012 Triumph Speedmaster
2006 Harley Softail Deuce
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic
2013 Honda CB1100

It's been fun!
 
I guess it's because of the miles I rack up. Even pre retirement I averaged 11,000 miles a year (more than double that since retirement). 11,000 mi x 20 years would be 220,000 miles and very few bikes will do that. So I buy a bike, rack up 25-50k miles (70k currently on my ST which I hope to put 100K on) and trade em or sell em and get something new to rack up miles on. gOt almost 20K on my CB. Hope it lasts as long as I do because I really like it and it's a keeper. My best bet is rack up miles on the ST to make the CB last lol
 
1 Yamaha
1 Honda
=
2 Total.

Unless one of the CB as a first bike posters I remember chimes in, I think I'm going to get the prize for smallest number.
 
Not nearly enough.

4 x Honda: CB175, C90, VT750, CB1100
1 x Suzuki: T250
 
slolane_imp said:
OK, this is my first post on this forum, i have been lurking for a couple of weeks learning as much about the CB as I can. I Will be picking up my 13 CB1100 with 900 miles on the clock this week. I could not resist this thread because between my wife and I we have had our share of bikes. the bikes I have had.
1. 1973 750 four (totaled doing wheelies)
2. 1974 750 four ( made into a chopper traded in for 2 dirt bikes)
3. 1975 KX250
4. 1976 KX400
5.1977 RM125
6.1978 250 Husky
7. 1978 750 super sport
8. 1979 250 Husky
9. 1981 Honda 650 custom
10. 1981 390 husky
11. 1983 750 Honda Interceptor
12. 1983 650 Nighthawk
13. 2001 st1100
14. 2001 Suzuki DRZ 400
15. 2002 Goldwing ( had it till last year sold after both hips replaced )
16. Polaris Slingshot ( I still have and will keep for touring easier on the hips)
18. 2013 CB1100 ( if it warms up here in Michigan )
Now for the wife's bikes
1.1974 Honda 350 four
2. 1975 KD125
3. 1976 KX 125
4. 1977 RM125
5. 1983 550 Nighthawk
6. 1983 650 Nighthawk
7. 2001 Suzuki bandit 1200 ( bought new she put 77,000 miles on when sold )
8. 2000 TTR250
9. 2010 VFR1200 (current bike )
Our current rides at deals gap last year


Cool paint scheme on the VFR.
 
Honda, (2)*1971 CB175, *1972 CB350, *1975 CB750, 1974 Elsinore, 1994 CBR600, (2)*1977 GL1000, 2002 VTX1800, 2005 VTX1800, 1979 CBX, *1977 CT70, 2005 ST1300, 1982 MB5, 1997 Valkyrie, *2004 Rune, 2008 GL1800, *2014 CB1100, 2005 Rincon

Yamaha, (2)*1974 RD350, 2007 Rhino

Kawasaki, 2005 EX250, 1972 H2, (2)1973 H1

Harley Davidson, *2003 Road King

*current bikes
 
To tie kmoney in last place:

2013 Honda NC700x (January - October 2015)
2014 Honda CB1100 (October 2015 -Present)

For a grand total of 2
 
I usually keep bikes a long time.Will keep them clean and maintained, ride year round. Not big into having latest and greatest, just like to ride.
CL350 Honda bought in 1971 when I moved to NC. Probably a 68 or 69 model
Hodaka Wombat 125 - lived in rural NC and this made it fun! heaven only knows what year model, sold to buy wife an engagement ring in 1974. Might have been smartest move I ever made.
Honda XL250 - off road. Beast on the flat tracks and a killer on the tight single track
Honda CB550 - 1976 when I finished college and got a job! 1974 model, kept until 1985 +/-
Honda XL125 - wife's daily commuter in the late 70's into early 80's.
Honda Sabre 700 - when there were import duties to protect Harley, probably my least favorite, 1985?
Honda ST1100 - mile eating monster. Only bike I honestly miss. 1990
Triumph Bonneville T100 - lusted after since high school. Would probably buy again now that I'm "more settled"
BMW F650C - wife's commuter and country road cruiser. 2005 - 2012
BMW R1200GS, fun tall bike. Good power band, excellent frame geometry, 2005 - 2015
Ural Retro - really enjoy sidecars! Long term keeper and my favorite daily rider and grocery getter. Dogs love it too! 2012-
CanAM Spyder - wife - 2012 still has
CB1100 - good solid bike. Goldilocks ride. Surprising how much ground you can cover without trying. 2015 -

Total of 13 bikes in 46 years of constant ownership, 2 pure dirt and 3 my wife bikes.
 
Memory Lane::

1969 Rupp Scrambler
1971 Honda 70 Green 4 speed clutch
1971 Bultaco Pursang 250
1975 Yamaha 400 Enduro
1976 Honda CB500T
1977 Honda Red 550 SS :thumbsup: should have kept this one
1976 Honda 750 K
1977 Honda 750 SS
1979 Yamaha YZ 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100EZ
1983 Honda Magnum V65
1999 GSXR 750 ( track only )
1999 Honda Blackbird XX
2003 Kawi ZRX 1200
2006 Suzuki 1000 ( track only)
2006 Harley Super Glide
2008 Honda ST1300
2010 Honda CBR1000RR
2012 Suzuki GSXR 750
2013 Honda CB1100
2014 Kawi Ninga 1000
 
After a quick recall of my memory a while ago, I was able to write down at least 55 bikes in the last 30 years that have visited my garage (20 BMW's, 11 Honda's, 3 Hogs, many Triumph's, Guzzi's, Ducati's, Suzuki's, Yamaha's, KTM's, dirt bikes, track bikes and even a quad or two). Many of these bikes were "extended test ride" bikes; I buy them at a good price, tinker with them, enjoy them for a few weeks, months or even a year or two, and then sell them and move on to something else. Of the 55+ bikes I've owned, the only bikes I ever enjoyed enough to keep longer than 3 years have been a 1993 BMW K75S, a 1999 R1100R, a 100th Anniversary Road King Classic, and a KTM 525EXC dual sport.

I seem to enjoy reading about, learning about, hunting for, buying, tinkering with, and selling bikes almost as much as riding them... :biker:
 
HD 125cc
Suzuki GT750
Suzuki GS1000
Suzuki GS500F
Kawasaki ER6-N
Suzuki GS650F
Triumph Bonneville
Honda CB1100
Honda NC700F
 
72 Honda CB175
73 Suzuki GT550
94 Honda ST1100
96 BMW R1100RT
97 BMW R1100RT
99 BMW K1200LT
02 Honda Goldwing
05 BMW R1200RT
07 Harley Ultra Glide
06 BMW R1200RT
04 Honda ST1300
14 Honda CB1100 Deluxe

I might have a little confusion on the years.
 
I think my signature lists them all... but here they are again listed a bit differently:

2 Harley's - '03 883 Sportster, '04 Superglide
2 Honda's - '13 CB1100, '14 CB1100DLX
2 Yamaha's - '71 CT1-C 175, '77 DT1-250
3 Kawasaki's - '70 H1 500, '75 KZ400

9 total... not nearly enough... especially since I still own 3 of them and wish I had kept at least 2 that I previously let go!!!
 
Not in any particular order since 1971
Wards Silver Pigeon
Tohatsu 50
Honda C110
Benelli 250 trials bike
Bridgestone BS 90
Yamaha TT100
HondaCL175 Scrambler
HondaCB170 Dream
HondaCB360t
Suzuki DR250
Honda CB550
Honda CB650
Suzuki GT550
Suzuki C50t
CB1100
And others I can't seem to remember at this time. Lots of them odd ones of little value but still fun to ride. Plus a Honda 185 three wheeler and a Polaris 250 Trail Boss.
 
'81 Kawasaki 305 CSR
'84 Honda V30 Magna
'85 Honda Sabre 700
'85 BMW K100RS
'91 Kawasaki Concours
'09 Honda Shadow Spirit
'10 H-D Sportster Forty-Eight
and, currently, '13 Honda CB 1100
 
This is great - love hearing about other peoples' bikes, comparing what they had to my own list, etc. Great idea!

Mine are, in chronological order of ownership:
1966 Suzuki 80 Scrambler (K15?)
1973 Yamaha TX500 (cafe racer)
1971 Bultaco Sherpa
1982 Yamaha Seca Turbo
1984 Kawasaki Ninja
1983 Suzuki GS1100e
1995 Kawasaki ZX-6
1995 Ducati 900 SS/CR
1975 Honda CB550 (cafe racer)
2012 Triumph Bonneville (mag-wheel)
2005 Yamaha FZ1
2013 Honda CB1100
2015 Honda CB500x
...seems like I'm forgetting something here...
 
Back
Top