How many bikes have you owned.

Jeff the CB CBX guy_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I have had so many bikes. How many? 18 total in my 45 years of riding.
Husky -1
Suzuki - 5
Honda - 12
The only bike I regretted selling was my 81' GS1100EX and so my new CB 1100 will never go.
 
Jeff, you're on track to catch up. I've had 21 in 50 yr span of riding.
BMW-8
Triumph-4
HD-2
Kaw-3
Honda-2
Vespa-2
I should have kept my R75/5, Triumph T-Bird Sport. I should never have bought the two HD's, Kaw Concours, BMW R1150RT, BMW R1200C.
 
Harleys: 65 M50, 59 XLCH, 49, 56 & 57 Pans, 94 XLCH
Hondas: 66 CB160, 67 CL77, 68 CB350, 73 CB350F, 64 CB450, 76 CB750K, 85 VF1100S, 00 CB750, 06 ST1300, 13 CB1100, 14 CB1100
Suzukis: 76 GT750, 81 GS850G, 83 GS1100E
Kawasaki: 77 KZ1000
Yamahas: 73 RD350, 73 TX650, 79 XS650, 81 XS650, 04 FZ1, 01 FZ1, 06 YPV 400, 09 YPV 400
Triumph: 03 Bonneville T-100
BSA: 69 750 Rocket 3

Looks like 31 street bikes. Do you want the dirt bikes too? lol
 
Started riding again a few years ago (after a very long hiatus) and bought a Suzuki TU250 right after the MFS course. Awesome bike for a beginner or just to putz around town (google it...it's a baby CB). Next I bought a Suzuki SFV650...Nice bike...Did everything right, but between the forward lean and the fact that it just didn't thrill me overall, I dumped it for a Harley Sportster Iron 883. This is an interesting bike, with strong plus's and minuses. Plus's = Looks great, Quality build, Great sound, Lot's of looks (mainly from non-motorcycle people). The minus's = Very poor suspension (very hard on yer back), Poor handling bike, the bike is best for short rides on secondary roads (which to be fair is what it's designed for, so it was my fault for buying it more than a problem with the bike itself). Then I got the CB. Bottom-line the CB meets all of my needs...Does everything I want from a motorcycle and I feel good when I'm on it.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Harleys: 65 M50, 59 XLCH, 49, 56 & 57 Pans, 94 XLCH
Hondas: 66 CB160, 67 CL77, 68 CB350, 73 CB350F, 64 CB450, 76 CB750K, 85 VF1100S, 00 CB750, 06 ST1300, 13 CB1100, 14 CB1100
Suzukis: 76 GT750, 81 GS850G, 83 GS1100E
Kawasaki: 77 KZ1000
Yamahas: 73 RD350, 73 TX650, 79 XS650, 81 XS650, 04 FZ1, 01 FZ1, 06 YPV 400, 09 YPV 400
Triumph: 03 Bonneville T-100
BSA: 69 750 Rocket 3

Looks like 31 street bikes. Do you want the dirt bikes too? lol
Heck yes!
 
Jeff the CB CBX guy_imp said:
List em all...IF you cam remember..Imtold my wife 10 years ago that I was done buying bikes...I've only lied 2 times since.! LOL..
I told my wife that when I bought my 03 Bonneville...

since then I bought a Honda 750 Nighthawk, 2 Yamaha FZ-1's, 2 Yamaha YPV 400's,a Honda ST 1300 and 2 Honda CB1100's ..oh and a Honda 420 Rancher with snow blade

I recently told her there might be 1 more I need to buy lol
 
Five bikes total, only had four on the road.

1981 Suzuki GS650 never on the road
1982 Honda V45 Magna
2001 Kawasaki VN750 Vulcan
1982 Honda CB750C
2013 Honda CB1100
 
I started when I was 18 years old:

Yamaha RD250
Honda CB500T (really cool sound, valve drive was a problem)
Yamaha RD250 (another one)
Ducati GT500 (only 3 months then engine total damage)
Suzuki 125 (small enduro, did never run really good)
Honda CB550K
Yamaha XS650 with EML sidecar
Yamaha RD250 (another one, from my brother, tuned it to 350cc)
BMW K1100RS (rode this one for 19 years, no more other bikes)
CB1100 (15 months)
CBF1000FA

While I had sometimes had more than one motorcycle in parallel, I'm basically one-man-one-motorcycle. Currently I have the CBF1000FA in the garage beside parts of my K11100, which I try to sell partwise.
 
19 years with same bike seems inconceivable to me lol. Must have been a heck of a bike.
 
started on my wifes honda rebel 250 for a week or so until we got her second bike.
rode her suzuki savage 650 for the summer until she was comfortable enough to move up.
got a honda nighthawk 750 of my own.
got rid of that and got my own suzuki savage 650.
rode that until i got my harley sportster 883r.
sold the wifes savage and she got a harley sportster.
got a buell blast as a shared 3rd bike for me and the wife.
got rid of that for a kawassaki ER6-n shared, but officially became her 2nd bike when i got my 2nd bike.
added the honda CB1100 as my second bike.
 
Street:

67 CL77
74 CB360
74 CB450
97 GSF1200S (Still have)
14 CB1100 New

Dirt:

74 XL100 (Still have)
74 TL125 (Still have)
74 XL350 (Still have)

:beerchug:
 
[ul] [li]Honda CB200 - Monterey, California, 1977-78[/li] [li]Honda 250 Elsinore - San Angelo, Texas, 1978 (stolen off a city street)[/li] [li]Honda XL250 - Boise, Idaho, 1980[/li] [li]Honda CB650 - Maryland, Indiana, California, 1983-1992 (electrical issues)[/li] [li]Suzuki GS850G - Sacramento, California, 2010-2011 (I am not a good mechanic)[/li] [li]Honda CB750 Nighthawk - Sacramento, 2012-2014 (now in Indiana)[/li] [li]Honda CB1100 Black Beauty - Sacramento, 2014-present
[/li][/ul] I wouldn't mind adding an Africa Twin to the list...
 
This took some thinking about. 27 but I'll probably remember some more.
2 x BSA Bantams
2 x Triumph 350 bathtub, 900 Sprint
6 x Honda 400/4, A1, CB500, CB1100, XR250, XR500
1 x AJS 500
1 x Kawasaki GTR1000,
2 x Suzuki VX800, Bandit 1200
4 x Yamaha VMax, SR500, TR1, SX650
1 x Guzzi California
1 x JAP Speedway 500
1 x Burdin
1 x Velocette LE
1 x Buell
1 x BMW GS650
2 x Enfield bullet 350, Bullet 500
1 x MZ
 
23 and counting...

1970 Hodaka Super Rat
1970 Honda CB750K0
1973 Yamaha RD350
1975 Honda CB400F
1978 Honda CB750F
1979 Yamaha RT100
1981 Kawasaki KZ440 Ltd
1991 Kawasaki Concours
1987 BMW K75C
1991 BMW K75
1997 BMW R850R
1998 BMW K1200RS
2000 Suzuki SV650
2001 Suzuki SV650S
2001 BMW R1100S
2007 BMW F800ST
2007 BMW F800ST low suspension
2008 BMW R1200RT
2010 Moto Guzzi V7 Cafe Classic
2011 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
2011 Honda CBR250R
2013 BMW F800GT
2014 Honda CB1100 Deluxe

Edit: Oh yeah, Chip reminded me... Add one 3 hp Tecumseh mini-bike, one 5 hp Briggs and Stratton mini-bike, a 1970 Honda Z50 Mini Trail and a 2004 Honda CB50R (it's in my living room -- how did I forget?!)
 
Crap

Let's see from 1998 to 2016 it's been

1 96 Suzuki savage
1 83 Honda vf750f interceptor
3 mid 70s Yamaha sr500s
2 Honda mid 70 cb550s
1 Yamaha vstar1100
1 Honda hawk gt
1 Honda vtr1000 superhawk
1 Honda nx650
1 Suzuki bandit 400
1 Suzuki sv650
1 Suzuki drz400sm
1 Honda xr250r
1 Yamaha fz1
1 ktm sxc in motard format
1 ktm 990 adventure
1 ktm 620 egs-e a 620adv Dakar bike
1 Honda vf750f
1 Honda xr650
1 Yamaha srx600 (now rotting away)
1 Honda CB1100
1 Harley Davidson dyna wide glide
Crap

Let's see from 1998 to 2016 it's been

1 96 Suzuki savage
1 83 Honda vf750f interceptor
3 mid 70s Yamaha sr500s
2 Honda mid 70 cb550s
1 Yamaha vstar1100
1 Honda hawk gt
1 Honda vtr1000 superhawk
1 Honda nx650
1 Suzuki bandit 400
1 Suzuki sv650
1 Suzuki drz400sm
1 Honda xr250r
1 Yamaha fz1
1 ktm sxc in motard format
1 ktm 990 adventure
1 ktm 620 egs-e a 620adv Dakar bike
1 Honda vf750f
1 Honda xr650
1 Yamaha srx600 (now rotting away)
1 Honda CB1100
1 Harley Davidson dyna wide glide
 
The CB1100 and currently own an '07 KLR650

Also:

78 Kawsaki KE250 (2 stroke)
04 HD Sportster 1200
77 Yamaha XS650
83 Yamaha XS650
13 Honda CGL125

Not an extensive list but had lots of fun on each one except that 77 xs650...it was too much of a project bike.
 
I can't remember the years but I've had :
7 Yamaha"s
7 Honda's
2 BMW's
1 Kawasaki
1 MotoGuzzi
1 Suzuki
1 Harley
Currently have the CB1100 and a BMW K1600 GTL
 
Gentlemen,

2 - Briggs & Stratten powered minibikes
12 - Honda - Trail 70, SL100, XR600, XR400, XR230, 2 x CRF250X, Z50, XR50, XR70, XR100, CB1100
1 - Yamaha - TW200
3 - Husqvarna, 1972 CR450, 1973 WR250, 1975 WR250
1 - Triumph - T100 Bonneville
2 - Ducati - 900 Monster, 796 Monster
7 - Harley Davidson - Ironhead 1000 Sportster, 1200 Evo Sportster, Low Rider, Super Glide, 2 x Road Kings, Sportster 48

That's 28 that come to mind, I probably missed a couple. 9 of these bikes are in my garage right now.

Chip
The ferret_imp said:
19 years with same bike seems inconceivable to me lol. Must have been a heck of a bike.
Mick,

I bought my last Road King brand new in 1998, it's now 18 years old, runs and looks brand new. It's such a great bike. The first fuel injected HD, it can sit for a year with the battery on a Tender and it starts instantly and runs flawlessly. Smooth as glass on the highway (unlike my Sportster) and it will cruise all day at 85 MPH carrying two people and a lot of gear with me sitting in still air behind the short windshield. Amazing bike.

Chip
 
Back
Top