How is your suspension set?

goldeneye_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hey guys, I have a brand new CB1100, and I was wondering how you have your suspension set. If it helps, I weigh about 235 lb and 6'0''. I have some soft luggage on the rear seat that may be loaded with 30-40 lb on long trips and likely just the essentials (including a small tool kit and such) on normal ride.

Thanks in advance.
 
Second from highest click on the rear and two bars showing on the front forks. We weigh the same, but I don't have it set for luggage. This setup is probably a bit hard, but I like how the handling is with the preload cranked up.

The best way to do it is just take the tool with you (you can even do the front with a coin on the go) and go on one of your favorite rides to dial it in.
 
No, you do not get a rear shock adjusting tool in the woefully small tool kit. See your local dealer for one. If they are well equipped they may have one they can sell you. Otherwise they will have to order it.
 
kmoney_imp said:
Second from highest click on the rear and two bars showing on the front forks. We weigh the same, but I don't have it set for luggage. This setup is probably a bit hard, but I like how the handling is with the preload cranked up.

The best way to do it is just take the tool with you (you can even do the front with a coin on the go) and go on one of your favorite rides to dial it in.

I'll go with that.

Cheers
Redbird_imp said:
No, you do not get a rear shock adjusting tool in the woefully small tool kit. See your local dealer for one. If they are well equipped they may have one they can sell you. Otherwise they will have to order it.
You blokes got short changed. The Oz '10 models came with a full toolkit, including a shock adjusting tool. Maybe that's why ours cost so much.

Cheers
 
Dito here on those settings, although I weigh a bit less. Also UK bikes come with the adjusting tool.
I just did a two week tour, two up with full luggage. Went up to highest preload on the rear and one line showing on the front. Helped stop the front end diving when riding thru towns. Handled really well...
 
Canada gets the full tool kit too. We got squat in the US!
 
Back
Top