How high have you been

Looks like a Slipstreamer 2. There was one just like it on my CB when I bought it. Sold it on Craigslist for $10. The bike also had highway pegs (sold for $5) and handle bar risers ($10). The windscreen had an MRA X-Creen bolted to it, which I removed and installed on my F800GT. It doesn't do anything and looks dorky.
 
jeffskar_imp said:
Cresty_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
I did a tour of the Colorado Rockies back in late June. The highest one I rode was Independence Pass at 12,095 ft. The highest one I have a pic of is Red Mountain Pass at 11,018 ft.

adf6482fb84b0e2d3269fc5b09dd8d91.jpg


I also crossed the following passes above 10,000 ft. :

Freemont Pass 11,318
Monarch Pass 11,312
Molas Pass 10,910
Wolf Creek Pass 10,850
Coal Bank Pass 10,640

I managed to spend a week riding and camping without going below 7,000 ft. While most of the western U.S. was having a heat wave, I stayed nice and cool :P
Must of been a pretty ride, makes my ride look like sea level. Would like to trailer my bike through out the Mountain West area and take advantage of exploring the high country.
Must of been a pretty ride, makes my ride look like sea level. Would like to trailer my bike through out the Mountain West area and take advantage of exploring the high country. What wind-shield is that you're runnin? Looks good, at least as good as a windshield can look. That's awesome you obviously tour your bike like that, good job.
That was a National Cycle Plexistar 2. I say "was" because about 10 min. after that photo was taken, a deer jumped into it and destroyed it.

I mostly use the big Plexistar for winter riding, but I also mount it up for extra protection on long road trips. I use a smaller NC Deflector for summer riding.

I'll be ordering another one before the cooler weather sets in this year.
LongRanger_imp said:
Took a 175 mile breakfast ride this morning and climbed over 50,000 vertical feet of mountain passes, including two crossings over the Continental Divide (Loveland Pass, 11,990', and Hoosier Pass, 11,539'). All in a morning's work.



[url=http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/ericlevy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/95FC2C8A-41E8-4047-BE3A-EB344E48FC85_zpssqjcomaq.jpg.html]

Hoosier Pass! I left that one off my list. That was the ride I found out that there actually is a South Park in Colorado :D
 
Flynrider_imp said:
jeffskar_imp said:
Cresty_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
I did a tour of the Colorado Rockies back in late June. The highest one I rode was Independence Pass at 12,095 ft. The highest one I have a pic of is Red Mountain Pass at 11,018 ft.

adf6482fb84b0e2d3269fc5b09dd8d91.jpg


I also crossed the following passes above 10,000 ft. :

Freemont Pass 11,318
Monarch Pass 11,312
Molas Pass 10,910
Wolf Creek Pass 10,850
Coal Bank Pass 10,640

I managed to spend a week riding and camping without going below 7,000 ft. While most of the western U.S. was having a heat wave, I stayed nice and cool :P
Must of been a pretty ride, makes my ride look like sea level. Would like to trailer my bike through out the Mountain West area and take advantage of exploring the high country.
Must of been a pretty ride, makes my ride look like sea level. Would like to trailer my bike through out the Mountain West area and take advantage of exploring the high country. What wind-shield is that you're runnin? Looks good, at least as good as a windshield can look. That's awesome you obviously tour your bike like that, good job.
That was a National Cycle Plexistar 2. I say "was" because about 10 min. after that photo was taken, a deer jumped into it and destroyed it.

I mostly use the big Plexistar for winter riding, but I also mount it up for extra protection on long road trips. I use a smaller NC Deflector for summer riding.

I'll be ordering another one before the cooler weather sets in this year.
LongRanger_imp said:
Took a 175 mile breakfast ride this morning and climbed over 50,000 vertical feet of mountain passes, including two crossings over the Continental Divide (Loveland Pass, 11,990', and Hoosier Pass, 11,539'). All in a morning's work.



[url=http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/ericlevy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/95FC2C8A-41E8-4047-BE3A-EB344E48FC85_zpssqjcomaq.jpg.html]

Hoosier Pass! I left that one off my list. That was the ride I found out that there actually is a South Park in Colorado :D

The deer took out your windshield while the bike was parked or were you on the road?
 
I'm going to cheat too since this photo was taken with me on a B** at over 14,000 feet in the Andes Mountains.
The fuel injected bikes coped with the thin air just fine, but it only took a few steps to make me gasp for air and get light headed.
We had stopped for a rest at a wide spot in the road which also included many locals anxious to sell us their hand-made wares.
The natives are born into this environment and it doesn't seem to bother them at all - judging by the way the kids were running around.

If this isn't suitable for the forum (brand X bike) no offence is taken if it's deleted.

http://s392.photobucket.com/user/Rock500_2008/media/Cabot Trail 2008/MIsc pictures/IMG_0720.jpg.html
 
Rocky.. It's fine. We are motorcylists first and CB enthusiasts second. Nothing wrong with BMWs (that the Japanese couldn't cure bwahahahahaha... I keed)
 
I am going to cheat also. I love me some Colorado. Was out there for two weeks and did 627 atv miles

45ef0b25a524271a545e59a53cb13bca.jpg


deb3cb53026de4c0743b0ea25bbe31ca.jpg


83ba573728c8419fdeb42518e2bd1cf1.jpg


7d81b78d205aec1dba7494c6b95332de.jpg


844127eea19b800c44795ea762e56f08.jpg


e565f778ddac285d01f5cb9bf48f3d51.jpg


7ef98c20c153cc5d925eaef04e7850af.jpg


d3eae153b0ff4caed68544e7a5e44e71.jpg


050e2735a01855bb7c00fc9e7f4d034c.jpg


f6b26aea77fce2c1325a28ad34f286ff.jpg
 
curlyjoe_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
jeffskar_imp said:
Cresty_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
I did a tour of the Colorado Rockies back in late June. The highest one I rode was Independence Pass at 12,095 ft. The highest one I have a pic of is Red Mountain Pass at 11,018 ft.

adf6482fb84b0e2d3269fc5b09dd8d91.jpg


I also crossed the following passes above 10,000 ft. :

Freemont Pass 11,318
Monarch Pass 11,312
Molas Pass 10,910
Wolf Creek Pass 10,850
Coal Bank Pass 10,640

I managed to spend a week riding and camping without going below 7,000 ft. While most of the western U.S. was having a heat wave, I stayed nice and cool :P
Must of been a pretty ride, makes my ride look like sea level. Would like to trailer my bike through out the Mountain West area and take advantage of exploring the high country.
Must of been a pretty ride, makes my ride look like sea level. Would like to trailer my bike through out the Mountain West area and take advantage of exploring the high country. What wind-shield is that you're runnin? Looks good, at least as good as a windshield can look. That's awesome you obviously tour your bike like that, good job.
That was a National Cycle Plexistar 2. I say "was" because about 10 min. after that photo was taken, a deer jumped into it and destroyed it.

I mostly use the big Plexistar for winter riding, but I also mount it up for extra protection on long road trips. I use a smaller NC Deflector for summer riding.

I'll be ordering another one before the cooler weather sets in this year.
LongRanger_imp said:
Took a 175 mile breakfast ride this morning and climbed over 50,000 vertical feet of mountain passes, including two crossings over the Continental Divide (Loveland Pass, 11,990', and Hoosier Pass, 11,539'). All in a morning's work.



[url=http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/ericlevy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/95FC2C8A-41E8-4047-BE3A-EB344E48FC85_zpssqjcomaq.jpg.html]

Hoosier Pass! I left that one off my list. That was the ride I found out that there actually is a South Park in Colorado :D

The deer took out your windshield while the bike was parked or were you on the road?

The deer took out your windshield while the bike was parked or were you on the road?
I was rolling down the highway at the time. :@ There's a thread about it here :

[URL=https://cb1100forum.net/threads/63145/]http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6354
 
Nice EOW!

Ole.. That's a lot of ATV miles. So which did you like better, the CRF or the ATV?
 
Been up to 5900 feet.

Mullan Pass in Montana.

Having lived in Denver, where downtown is DOWN to 5280...I know that's no great shakes.

I didn't make Colorado this year. Maybe next year; or maybe that's not to happen again. But I'd be interested to see how the machine runs in, say, Leadville, which is 10,000 feet up.
 
JustPassinThru_imp said:
Been up to 5900 feet.

Mullan Pass in Montana.

Having lived in Denver, where downtown is DOWN to 5280...I know that's no great shakes.

I didn't make Colorado this year. Maybe next year; or maybe that's not to happen again. But I'd be interested to see how the machine runs in, say, Leadville, which is 10,000 feet up.
It runs fine in Leadville. It runs fine on Independence Pass (12,096'). No big deal. People ride their bicycles up there.



[url=http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/ericlevy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/F6FC3E25-30C7-49B3-866A-B76837245FBE_zpsm77pokxq.jpg.html]
 
LongRanger_imp said:
JustPassinThru_imp said:
Been up to 5900 feet.

Mullan Pass in Montana.

Having lived in Denver, where downtown is DOWN to 5280...I know that's no great shakes.

I didn't make Colorado this year. Maybe next year; or maybe that's not to happen again. But I'd be interested to see how the machine runs in, say, Leadville, which is 10,000 feet up.
It runs fine in Leadville. It runs fine on Independence Pass (12,096'). No big deal. People ride their bicycles up there.



[url=http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/ericlevy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/F6FC3E25-30C7-49B3-866A-B76837245FBE_zpsm77pokxq.jpg.html]
It runs fine in Leadville. It runs fine on Independence Pass (12,096').
Interesting.

Last time I was there...about eighteen years ago...it was with a car with a carburetor.

I hit the Four Corners area a few years ago, but didn't take the time to go up Leadville. It's a nice place but there was nothing there I was hankering to do.
 
Back
Top