How high have you been

Cresty_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
The high I am referring to is elevation a course on your bike. Took a ride up to Mount Harrison today, elevation of 9,265. I am sure some one has been higher, but who may that be? Can anyone out there exceed my elevation?
Any day you can get vertical and ride your bike is a good day.
1946 Doodle Bug
1973 Honda CB350F
2014 Honda CB1100-E
 
Beats my highest so far (where is Mt Harrison?)

 
LOL I will take the man at his word

I think we had 9 forum members on the ride on that day up to that point
 
I took my DLX all the way up to 29 ft above sea level. Looks like I might have been beaten :(
In the neighborhood where I live there is Pine Island Ridge. Its the highest natural elevation in Broward County which basically covers most of Fort Lauderdale. There is a statue of Major Lauderdale there. The ridge was originally occupied by native colonies and is now parkland.
I did feel a little light headed way up there ;)
 
9624' on Sonora pass just north of Yosemite. Sadly I didn't bother to stop for a photo at the sign. Bike felt a bit slow, but ran just fine.
 
Seabee_imp said:
I took my DLX all the way up to 29 ft above sea level. Looks like I might have been beaten :(
In the neighborhood where I live there is Pine Island Ridge. Its the highest natural elevation in Broward County which basically covers most of Fort Lauderdale. There is a statue of Major Lauderdale there. The ridge was originally occupied by native colonies and is now parkland.
I did feel a little light headed way up there ;)

We had a friend in Deer Park Fla tell us that he built his new house on a hill. Not aware of any hills in Fla we went to see it. He had it built on about a 3 foot rise. Cracked us up.
 
Ferret, they say the highest hills in South Florida are man made. Some people call them trash heaps! You can normally smell them before you see them. :D
 
Crest did not specify if the bike had to be a CB1100. So, I'm gonna cheat with my XL175. 12,800 feet on Engineer Pass in Colorado. That's pretty impressive for a 15 year old with all of 9 hp (which is at sea level) on tap.

 
Not exactly sure how high Angeles Crest hwy gets but that's the highest I've been (elevation-wise at least). I may have read somewhere it's 7k or 8k ft elevation, not certain though.

Sometimes I glance over the edge of cliff and notice I'm riding above clouds, other times I can't see the bottom. Great feeling riding in high elevation.

The_undecided, you went all the way up to 12,800 ft, wow, what an experience that must have been.
 
I did a tour of the Colorado Rockies back in late June. The highest one I rode was Independence Pass at 12,095 ft. The highest one I have a pic of is Red Mountain Pass at 11,018 ft.

adf6482fb84b0e2d3269fc5b09dd8d91.jpg


I also crossed the following passes above 10,000 ft. :

Freemont Pass 11,318
Monarch Pass 11,312
Molas Pass 10,910
Wolf Creek Pass 10,850
Coal Bank Pass 10,640

I managed to spend a week riding and camping without going below 7,000 ft. While most of the western U.S. was having a heat wave, I stayed nice and cool :P
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
I did a tour of the Colorado Rockies back in late June. The highest one I rode was Independence Pass at 12,095 ft. The highest one I have a pic of is Red Mountain Pass at 11,018 ft.

adf6482fb84b0e2d3269fc5b09dd8d91.jpg


I also crossed the following passes above 10,000 ft. :

Freemont Pass 11,318
Monarch Pass 11,312
Molas Pass 10,910
Wolf Creek Pass 10,850
Coal Bank Pass 10,640

I managed to spend a week riding and camping without going below 7,000 ft. While most of the western U.S. was having a heat wave, I stayed nice and cool :P
Must of been a pretty ride, makes my ride look like sea level. Would like to trailer my bike through out the Mountain West area and take advantage of exploring the high country.
 
Cresty_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
I did a tour of the Colorado Rockies back in late June. The highest one I rode was Independence Pass at 12,095 ft. The highest one I have a pic of is Red Mountain Pass at 11,018 ft.

adf6482fb84b0e2d3269fc5b09dd8d91.jpg


I also crossed the following passes above 10,000 ft. :

Freemont Pass 11,318
Monarch Pass 11,312
Molas Pass 10,910
Wolf Creek Pass 10,850
Coal Bank Pass 10,640

I managed to spend a week riding and camping without going below 7,000 ft. While most of the western U.S. was having a heat wave, I stayed nice and cool :P
Must of been a pretty ride, makes my ride look like sea level. Would like to trailer my bike through out the Mountain West area and take advantage of exploring the high country.
Must of been a pretty ride, makes my ride look like sea level. Would like to trailer my bike through out the Mountain West area and take advantage of exploring the high country. What wind-shield is that you're runnin? Looks good, at least as good as a windshield can look. That's awesome you obviously tour your bike like that, good job.
 
Back
Top