How do I unhook fuel line from tank.?

Johnboy_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I have my tank almost off and cannot figure out how to unhook the fuel line from the tank ??? Can someone please show or explain that connection to me . .? Do I squeeze twist or what ?
Disregard.. I see the thread ... It just doesn't show exactly how to do it ..
 
First pull the flexible black piece out of the connector slightly.. Do not break it. Pinch the green tabs inward and pull the connection fee. It is not easy, and not much room. I prop up tank wit a small 2"x 4". Look in their with a flash light. The shop manual tell to lube the tube with some engine oil for assembly.

It does help to lube. Reverse order at assembly.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
First pull the flexible black piece out of the connector slightly.. Do not break it. Pinch the green tabs inward and pull the connection fee. It is not easy, and not much room. I prop up tank wit a small 2"x 4". Look in their with a flash light. The shop manual tell to lube the tube with some engine oil for assembly.

It does help to lube. Reverse order at assembly.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank u so much
jerrycon_imp said:
Here's a little bit about it:

Removing the fuel tank
Good luck, JB. I watched a video, but didn't find it much help. The guy did it very quickly and there were no close-ups of what he did.

Thank u
Elipten_imp said:
First pull the flexible black piece out of the connector slightly.. Do not break it. Pinch the green tabs inward and pull the connection fee. It is not easy, and not much room. I prop up tank wit a small 2"x 4". Look in their with a flash light. The shop manual tell to lube the tube with some engine oil for assembly.

It does help to lube. Reverse order at assembly.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well I was just trying to wire up a receptacle for my cell phone or gps ... I bought a water proof cigarette plug with a handle bar mount ... I put it all back together as I was afraid I was going to break that fuel line ... I'd really like to see it done first ... I would be upset with myself if I broke that fuel line assembly ... Lol
Elipten_imp said:
First pull the flexible black piece out of the connector slightly.. Do not break it. Pinch the green tabs inward and pull the connection fee. It is not easy, and not much room. I prop up tank wit a small 2"x 4". Look in their with a flash light. The shop manual tell to lube the tube with some engine oil for assembly.

It does help to lube. Reverse order at assembly.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I do appreciate your info Elipten ,,, I had the tank propped up with a 2x4 and a flashlight looking at the connector ... I was just so afraid of breaking it ,, I will try again another day ... :thanks:
 
Johnboy,

I had trouble when I did this too. For me, this thread was most useful:

Getting the tank off

What especially helped me was the part that says: "If the connector does not move, keep the retainer tabs pressed down, and alternately pull and push the connector until it comes off easily."

The "pull and push" part was key for me, because I was just pulling it before (for a half an hour). When I pulled then pushed, back and forth, it came right off in a few seconds.

Good luck!
 
The manual also says DO NOT USE PLIERS (or tools, can't remember exactly). You can buy new pieces if you manage to mess them up...

After all the trouble and time taking it off, when it just clicks back in upon re-assembly, you will think "that's it?"
 
Thread starter
Light_imp said:
Johnboy,

I had trouble when I did this too. For me, this thread was most useful:

Getting the tank off

What especially helped me was the part that says: "If the connector does not move, keep the retainer tabs pressed down, and alternately pull and push the connector until it comes off easily."

The "pull and push" part was key for me, because I was just pulling it before (for a half an hour). When I pulled then pushed, back and forth, it came right off in a few seconds.

Good luck!
Thanks ! This was very helpful !
Lord Popgun_imp said:
The manual also says DO NOT USE PLIERS (or tools, can't remember exactly). You can buy new pieces if you manage to mess them up...

After all the trouble and time taking it off, when it just clicks back in upon re-assembly, you will think "that's it?"
Thanks for the info !:thanks:
 
Back
Top