How bad is vibration?

I get nothing but good, good, good, good vibrations from my CB1100.
 
You'll have to test ride one, but that said, I think that over time, for most of us, any vibration you may feel at first will probably go away. I've noticed a vibe at certain higher rams ranges when I first got the bike but today, with only a few thousand miles on her I don't notice them anymore.

The Griso has a vibe too, but much lower frequency so it's more of a heart beat.
 
I've commented a few times on the buzz that can be felt through the bars at certain rpms, but I don't consider it problem. With the exception of my CB750 (which is amazingly smooth) the CB1100 is the smoothest bike I've owned.

Inline 4 engines have perfect primary balance, unlike singles and most twins. The mild buzz comes from a secondary imbalance when two of the pistons are at the top of the stroke and two are at the bottom. I don't consider it significant. I've done a few 400 mile days and it hasn't been an issue.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
I've commented a few times on the buzz that can be felt through the bars at certain rpms, but I don't consider it problem. With the exception of my CB750 (which is amazingly smooth) the CB1100 is the smoothest bike I've owned.

Inline 4 engines have perfect primary balance, unlike singles and most twins. The mild buzz comes from a secondary imbalance when two of the pistons are at the top of the stroke and two are at the bottom. I don't consider it significant. I've done a few 400 mile days and it hasn't been an issue.
I agree. I have a slight buzz in the grips at around 4K but its really minor. My 750 is no doubt about as smooth and smooth can get imo.
 
I Amtrak'd it to Sanford FL from New England and my brother picked it up there and rode it 100 miles home. He called and said, "I passed a truck doin a buck twenty five like it was standing still." I said, well, based on the bike that won at Daytona, AMA Superbike Title and the Isle of Man. - But the riding position was more tiring on long rides and it did not lend itself to touring as easily as the CB11 does. - Many people like Renthal bars for vibration. I noticed vibration in the CB11 seat on the highway. Guess I should have brought the wife!
 
Motogeezer if it's a 13 model UK bike no speed limiter from the factory like the USA bikes have :). The 13 UK bikes run free. Not sure about the 14 UK bikes
 
Back
Top