How are CB1100s selling in your neck of the woods?

Thread starter
CB1100A = ABS version, not sure why they would do something like that. It would be more understandable if they were no longer going to continue with CB1100s all together rather than just the ABS version. Only time will tell if this actually has legs or not.
 
Some countries only sell the ABS model. Is the UK one of those? If so, then they're getting no more bikes, period (if the info is correct).
 
I got mine for list price, $9999, only shenanigans may have been on my trade, but I feel they gave me better than they had a right to. I hadn't cleaned it in a few weeks...

But seriously, supply and demand are one thing,but if things aren't selling, prices should not go up. I think they will sell these for a few years. The aftermarket has taken to them strongly. Unlike my ShadowRS which still has little to show for that. It will take time, but we will see new models, and colors, and improvements....sigh... there's always something shinier.
 
the second hand comment says (we have no more stock, we will not be restocking 2013 cb1100) what this might mean is Honda u.k. has sold all their 2013 cb1100 stock to its dealers.this is a good sign, the machine has only been available for approx. 3 months. to discount sales prices to its dealers in such a short period of market time makes no sence. only the dealers would know this. how do the retail sales numbers of the cb1100 compare to the distributor stocking/sales numbers? if the Honda u.k. sold out, what are the sold retailed numbers? dealers would know.. so if Honda u.k sold out and will not be restocking 2013 Honda cb1100's this may be they are no longer available as 2013 production. it would not surprise me to see 2014 cb1100's show up shortly. Honda has already released some other type 2014 models. for us old hondroids stateside, Honda no longer has K series to signify model changes. they now are year models.2013 production may be gone, 2014 production may be on its way with slight changes. just my two cents.
 

Copy of my invoice (click on this thumbnail!)

I was prepared to pay full price for a CB1100 at my local shop "Pete's of Baltimore". My dear wife said "do some shopping around". Called several dealers within 100 miles. PowerSports of Crofton, who only sells Honda products, came back $1000 under list. Called Pete's and they dropped $100 below Crofton. Back to Crofton and sold me my brand new CB for $8299 list. And I'm sure they were still making money on the deal.

I don't want to bad mouth Pete's, but if anyone in the Baltimore/Washington area is in the market for a CB1100, talk to Josh at Crofton. Or find an exclusive Honda dealership in your area that can buy their bikes directly from Honda at a lower cost....and hopefully pass that on to you.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Copy of my invoice (click on this thumbnail!)

I was prepared to pay full price for a CB1100 at my local shop "Pete's of Baltimore". My dear wife said "do some shopping around". Called several dealers within 100 miles. PowerSports of Crofton, who only sells Honda products, came back $1000 under list. Called Pete's and they dropped $100 below Crofton. Back to Crofton and sold me my brand new CB for $8299 list. And I'm sure they were still making money on the deal.

I don't want to bad mouth Pete's, but if anyone in the Baltimore/Washington area is in the market for a CB1100, talk to Josh at Crofton. Or find an exclusive Honda dealership in your area that can buy their bikes directly from Honda at a lower cost....and hopefully pass that on to you.
That is a steal! Out of curiosity I clicked on their website and they have CBR250R's for 2999. That too is a bargain! I have bookmarked their website for when my day comes and thanks for sharing. Sorry to get off topic here.
 
Bike price could reflect how well the local economy is doing too. If the average income in your area is >$80K, prices will stay closer to MSRP, just like houses in our area, average price = >$300K.
 
Powersports of Clearwater gave me a quote of $9100 for the nonabs model... says they've sold 4 since they arrived. There's none on the floor now but 2 are supposed to arrive this week. Sounds encouraging... I hope it sells well.
 
thumper_imp said:
Some countries only sell the ABS model. Is the UK one of those? If so, then they're getting no more bikes, period (if the info is correct).
Yes, The U.K. is one of the countries that only sells the ABS model. I bought the U.K. CB1100 pamphlet (on EBAY) and it is very nice. The pamphlet states, "Honda's Combined Anti-lock Braking System (C-ABS) is fitted as standard......." They also get the bike in three colors (or colours as the pamphlet states), Pearl Milky White, Candy Glory Red, and Graphite Black. The Graphite Black bike has black side covers.
 
We have three dealers in the Western NY area. Two started with one each. One dealer had three. All sold out within the 3 weeks, off the floor, no pre orders or deposits that I am aware of.

I was lucky to get mine. I had an opportunity to buy from my closest dealer, I held off for a week because I wasn't ready at the time and lost the opportunity. Sold within days. Called around, found one and bought it quickly. They all have confirmed that it was a hot bike, high in demand, with low availability.

Considering low supply, high demand, the dealer sold it to me for $600 off list, $9,400 + NY tax, title, freight, set up, $10,600 OTD. IMO a good deal, just to find one in my area.
 
Our local dealer had one pearly white ABS that went through at least 2 separate $500 deposits for sale that backed out for what ever reason. I was fortunate to be in the shop with my check book ( thank goodness the wife didn't veto the deal). My first ride was a total peach, very nice handling and smooth torque.
Definitely no deals to be had in Canada though. At $13,200 for the abs model it was over 15 thousand on the road. Given that the Canadian buck is almost at par with US, it is a typical Canuck purchasing experience, ie another ripoff.
 
Anyone have any more current info on availability? There is one @ our local dealer and they are at MSRP+freight+prep+dealer fee.
 
In Germany, the IVM reports monthly the selling figures of the top 50 motorcycles (accumulated). In March and April statistics, I found the CB 1100 at the very end of the table with roughly 150 bikes sold from January to April 2013. Then from May on, it disappeared from the top 50 statistics. Actually, the #50 in October was sold 450 times in Germany. As the CB 1100 does not appear in the October statistics too, it means that it is sold less than 450 times in 10 months in Germany.
I heard that Honda shipped a contingent of 600 CB 1100 to Germany for whole 2013. But shipped does not necessarily mean sold...
 
At least two dealers in Phoenix still have CB1100's on the floor last time I looked; and had been sitting there a while. I suspect the market has saturated here. Roughly four to five sold per dealer.
 
ThomWill_imp said:
Got my ABS model for $9019 plus all the dealer and tax stuff.
Do you mind Sharing your OTD price? I'm in Arizona and I have my calculations all worked on what the tax, title and license will be. I was targeting at OTD price of $9,200 on a Non-ABS, maybe $10,500 on an ABS.

The Red is starting to grow on me and I think I want to one while I still can.

Here is my calculation, what do you guys think? Am I crazy or in the ballpark?


Sale Price $8,300.00
Sales Tax (7.8%) $659.85
AZVLT (AKA Pers Prop Tax) $139.44
Title Fee $4.00
Registration $8.00
Air Quality $1.50
Extra Dealer Profit $87.21

OTD $9,200.00 ???
 
lagoje_imp said:
ThomWill_imp said:
Got my ABS model for $9019 plus all the dealer and tax stuff.
Do you mind Sharing your OTD price? I'm in Arizona and I have my calculations all worked on what the tax, title and license will be. I was targeting at OTD price of $9,200 on a Non-ABS, maybe $10,500 on an ABS.

The Red is starting to grow on me and I think I want to one while I still can.

Here is my calculation, what do you guys think? Am I crazy or in the ballpark?


Sale Price $8,300.00
Sales Tax (7.8%) $659.85
AZVLT (AKA Pers Prop Tax) $139.44
Title Fee $4.00
Registration $8.00
Air Quality $1.50
Extra Dealer Profit $87.21

OTD $9,200.00 ???
That's a nice deal if you can get it. Mine was about 2K more out the door. City/State sales tax in Scottsdale was nearly 10%. I also bought mine a few days after they hit the floor and paid the $10K list price. They did knock off the freight and setup charges.
 
Back
Top