HOUTMAN

peterbaron

Road warrior
Thread starter
As I am aware, John is scheduled for his operation on Monday, please join me and wish him good luck with solid & speedy recovery....:thumbsup:
John, leave your tool box at home, the only thing you need to take with you is the CB ignition key....

7baf4b53ff3d43b214c393f47307d96a.gif


:D
 
He's getting bum implants?! Guess he won't need a Russell Day Long seat then......:D
 
Houtman: Be sure to include some pics and flicks of your past rides on your smartphone so you can soothe and review while you recover.
 
Thanks guys ! On X-Mas day I took my 2013 for a final ride and today I took the 2014 and 2017 for a 100 mile ride each.
It probably will be 8 weeks before I will ride again , I asked my surgeon (he also ride bikes ) he said be very careful ,especially with a heavy bike.
If all goes well it should be just one night in the hospital.
I will keep you up with the progress but not being able to ride my bike will be hard.
 
Houtman_imp said:
Thanks guys ! On X-Mas day I took my 2013 for a final ride and today I took the 2014 and 2017 for a 100 mile ride each.
It probably will be 8 weeks before I will ride again , I asked my surgeon (he also ride bikes ) he said be very careful ,especially with a heavy bike.
If all goes well it should be just one night in the hospital.
I will keep you up with the progress but not being able to ride my bike will be hard.
Here is one way :huh: around that problem:

Virtual reality threatens motorcycles - webBikeWorld

Small excerpt:

>>>

Virtual reality computer games may just spell the end of motorcycles as they prevent young people from throwing a leg over a motorcycle.

Rather than playing games, true riders would prefer to be riding, cleaning their bike, maintaining it, reading about bikes in a mag or on this website, or dreaming about their next bike.

However, it must be getting more and more difficult to get kids on to bikes when computer games are now so realistic and virtual reality is now so affordable.

Why run the risks of falling off or being t-boned by a SMIDSY idiot when you can sit in the safety and comfort of your bedroom and get your virtual knee down?

. . .

<<<
 
Houtman_imp said:
I have to admit that I NEVER played a video game !
Essentially same here for me.

However, these are Virtual Reality (VR) experiences, and thus, typically six degrees of freedom. You have to roll your body into it.

VR and Augmented Reality (AR) technology is getting better and better and, especially AR, it isn't going away ever. It doesn't replace the real deal, but could help heal up to it.

It would not surprise me at all that one day [soon] AR will be a common part of the helmet and the instrument cluster becomes an option.
 
John - Best of luck with your surgery, and I wish you a speedy recovery. Keep in touch, and if you're getting bored with not riding for 8 weeks, let me know, and perhaps I can come over, and treat you to lunch at Sierra Nevada!
Amos
 
Best wishes for the operation and a speedy recovery, Houtman.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I have to admit that I NEVER played a video game !
Essentially same here for me.

However, these are Virtual Reality (VR) experiences, and thus, typically six degrees of freedom. You have to roll your body into it.

VR and Augmented Reality (AR) technology is getting better and better and, especially AR, it isn't going away ever. It doesn't replace the real deal, but could help heal up to it.

It would not surprise me at all that one day [soon] AR will be a common part of the helmet and the instrument cluster becomes an option.
Essentially same here for me.

However, these are Virtual Reality (VR) experiences, and thus, typically six degrees of freedom. You have to roll your body into it.

VR and Augmented Reality (AR) technology is getting better and better and, especially AR, it isn't going away ever. It doesn't replace the real deal, but could help heal up to it.

It would not surprise me at all that one day [soon] AR will be a common part of the helmet and the instrument cluster becomes an option.
+1=3 here as well, no need at all, there were other things to do.... :)
 
The A-man_imp said:
John - Best of luck with your surgery, and I wish you a speedy recovery. Keep in touch, and if you're getting bored with not riding for 8 weeks, let me know, and perhaps I can come over, and treat you to lunch at Sierra Nevada!
Amos
Thanks AMOS , that would be great . Lately my wife and seem to be at Sierra Nevada once a week , such a great place to visit and eat.
It seem to be the second most visited place in the Asheville area after the Biltmore Estate.
The A-man_imp said:
John - Best of luck with your surgery, and I wish you a speedy recovery. Keep in touch, and if you're getting bored with not riding for 8 weeks, let me know, and perhaps I can come over, and treat you to lunch at Sierra Nevada!
Amos
Thanks AMOS , that would be great . Lately my wife and seem to be at Sierra Nevada once a week , such a great place to visit and eat.
It seem to be the second most visited place in the Asheville area after the Biltmore Estate.
 
Yep Good Luck with your surgery!

I'll be near Ashville sometime during June or July....I'd glad to return the favor of you treating A-man and I at that mountain top restaurant...what was the name of that place again?
 
Get well fast Houtman!!
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
Yep Good Luck with your surgery!

I'll be near Ashville sometime during June or July....I'd glad to return the favor of you treating A-man and I at that mountain top restaurant...what was the name of that place again?
Would love to see you again , it was the Pisgah Inn on the BRP.
 
Back
Top